[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Damn and i was hoping for unicors with steel jaws :D

Why collecting stuff make it alteast more challenging, it might be that this object is not movable and colonist need to deconstruct it pice by pice, object ofc is big higly flammable and with low health and big blow radius, or with high healt but on a timer :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 25, 2014, 05:58:59 PM
Damn and i was hoping for unicors with steel jaws :D

Why collecting stuff make it alteast more challenging, it might be that this object is not movable and colonist need to deconstruct it pice by pice, object ofc is big higly flammable and with low health and big blow radius, or with high healt but on a timer :D

With what I have so far, time is both your greatest ally and your worst enemy, depending on how quick off the mark you are XD Heaven help those that don't look at the letters which pop up on the side. :/
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Architect

Just added two new methods of steam geyser creation. Research and building which takes an incredibly long time, or and incident where an asteroid will hit and open one up.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

mrofa

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 25, 2014, 06:27:34 PM
Thats still for alpha 2 ?

I havent done anything for alpha 2 in a very long time XD I could update it now with the ability to build they geysers now if people wanted? It's just XML stuff, I didn't even need to program anything :P The asteroid hit requires alpha three to work though, so I can't patch that in.

mrofa

Hmm if you know how to make them buildable maybe you know how to add that steam animation to other objects?
Wanted to make a floor vent with it, since my plan to use turret head for fan rotation fail :D

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 25, 2014, 06:43:18 PM
Hmm if you know how to make them buildable maybe you know how to add that steam animation to other objects?
Wanted to make a floor vent with it, since my plan to use turret head for fan rotation fail :D

Thats hardcoded, but I think I could pull out the right code and stick it in. However, you couldn't have it like the current floor tiles, they would have to be lots of mini buildings so that it could tick to actually give off the steam.

mrofa

This would be a normal object like a table or a lamp, but i dont wanna mess the .dll so its fine.
Gonna go invent some more furniture :D

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 25, 2014, 06:50:47 PM
This would be a normal object like a table or a lamp, but i dont wanna mess the .dll so its fine.
Gonna go invent some more furniture :D

Send me the XML when you've finished it, I'll write a quick DLL for the test builds of alpha three to make your thing blow smoke, and send you it all back so you can have it working for alpha three. How does that sound?

mrofa

Sounds fantastic, will send you when its done thanks :)

Darker

Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Architect

Quote from: Darker on March 26, 2014, 09:53:15 AM
How does the lightning rod work?

during rainy or dry storms, the rod will occasionally get struck by non damaging lightning, and its output will leap incredibly high. It will then lose output until it becomes zero again. Depending on how long the storm is can mean just a few strikes, or a great many. I intend to add a way of influencing the number of lightning strikes in a given are, buy that comes later,probably mid alpha 3

Vas

I intended lightning rods to draw lightning away from your buildings and give a very tiny amount of power when struck, not give massive amounts of energy for a short duration.  :P  Not even in the future would you be able to hardness that much raw power all at once.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Architect

Quote from: Vas on March 26, 2014, 05:47:28 PM
I intended lightning rods to draw lightning away from your buildings and give a very tiny amount of power when struck, not give massive amounts of energy for a short duration.  :P  Not even in the future would you be able to hardness that much raw power all at once.

Nah man, thats no fun :P It doesn't have to be super realistic, its sci fi. As long as the features are roughly believable, well implemented, and above all are fun to play with, I'll add almost anything in XD If I thought robot unicorns would make the game more fun, and I could think up a believable excuse for them, I'd try and put 'em in :P To me, gaming is about having fun. If I wanted to realistically do flips and fire guns, I'd just go to a forest and do paint balling, and do flips whilst doing it, but real life gets dull.

Hancake

Just one thing I have to say here- building steam geysers? Do you know what steam geysers are?  ???

I think it'd be a little ridiculous to be able to build them yourself, okay so you've said you don't mind if it's a bit unrealistic, but that unrealistic? Idk. Building a geyser is like building a fountain in your backyard and calling it a geyser :')