[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

I've put out another release with the last of the bug fixes. For future reference, the version number displayed as (Vx.x.x) does stand for something. All you guys need to know is that increments in the last number should not break save compatibility :P Unless anyone has some major flaws to point out to me, that is the last of the updates I shall be making for the next week or so whilst I work on medbays, power cells, bikes, incidents, and the wikia :)
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Rex705

I downloaded the mod today for alpha 3 and it has a bug that spawns endless wire coils around the light walls. My colony is now flooded with wires :(

PunisheR007

What is the extra resource for the powered doors and power conduit?, can't build them yet and i need them lol.
I figured it out, you need wire for powered doors, power conduit and sun lamps so far.

Architect

Quote from: PunisheR007 on April 14, 2014, 12:45:06 AM
What is the extra resource for the powered doors and power conduit?, can't build them yet and i need them lol.
I figured it out, you need wire for powered doors, power conduit and sun lamps so far.

Wire can be made at a tinkering table rather easily :) Though I removed wire cost from conduits and walls in the latest update so that colonists wouldn't spend such a long time building the beginning colony.

Quote from: Rex705 on April 14, 2014, 12:07:37 AM
I downloaded the mod today for alpha 3 and it has a bug that spawns endless wire coils around the light walls. My colony is now flooded with wires :(

Yes, I just found that one this morning. It was fixed a little while ago, but apparently my latest update broke it. Rest assured a fix will be out later today.
Fixed.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Rex705

Also light walls can't be sold or repaired.

Hrolgar

Architect

Quote from: Hrolgar on April 14, 2014, 01:22:06 PM
Quote from: Rex705 on April 14, 2014, 12:36:04 PM
This!

And I was so badly hoping I had finished bug fixing for long enough to get on with my school work... XD Cheers dudes, I'll get on with a fix ASAP :/

Ender

Quote from: Architect on April 14, 2014, 02:35:34 PM
This!

And I was so badly hoping I had finished bug fixing for long enough to get on with my school work... XD Cheers dudes, I'll get on with a fix ASAP :/
poor overworked Architect :P
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

iame6162013

Quote from: Ender on April 14, 2014, 05:25:37 PM
This!

what no, work u Architect work u only have one of the best mods  :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Architect

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 14, 2014, 05:28:08 PM
Quote from: Ender on April 14, 2014, 05:25:37 PM
This!

what no, work u Architect work u only have one of the best mods  :P

I can't tell if you two are being sarcastic or not... But if you're not, thanks guys, it means a lot to hear that my efforts are appreciated :D As for fixing the issues, I just updated the OP for 2.3.4, so go download for your fixes :P

Rex705

Oh ya and the other bug I forgot to say was.....Nah that's it.

Aenir

Why does an engine falling from space and going critical summon Thor to cleanse the planet in divine fire?  Seriously, why does it spam lightning all over the map?  The entire map is raging firestorms afterwards, it's lagging the game to hell.

Architect

Quote from: Aenir on April 15, 2014, 01:58:12 AM
Why does an engine falling from space and going critical summon Thor to cleanse the planet in divine fire?  Seriously, why does it spam lightning all over the map?  The entire map is raging firestorms afterwards, it's lagging the game to hell.

Largely because I'm a horrible person :P It occurs so often because it is a slightly incomplete feature, in the sense that there is going to be lots that fall from space, some of which will be one end of the nice spectrum, and some of which will be the exact opposite end of said spectrum. However I realised it was a bit OP atm, which is why it is a building which can currently be deconstructed for resources if you get to it in time, and I made sure that sometimes it actually burns up when it hits the ground :P It will all be a lot more balanced with 2.4.0, I can promise that.

However, to make sure of that I'm not making the same mistakes again where it doesn't get tested properly so, starting today I'm recruiting a more official testing team who will get my releases first to make sure there are no stupid bugs like wire being spawned a million times over, or not being able to deconstruct things. These were unacceptable and unnecessary bugs which i should have noticed, so if anyone here is willing to help me avoid them, I'd mighty appreciate it. :P

jamieg

I need  test team  :'( hey Architect wanna be my tester? i know you have loads of free time :p
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Ender

Quote from: Architect on April 15, 2014, 06:42:36 AM
Quote from: Aenir on April 15, 2014, 01:58:12 AM

Largely because I'm a horrible person :P It occurs so often because it is a slightly incomplete feature, in the sense that there is going to be lots that fall from space, some of which will be one end of the nice spectrum, and some of which will be the exact opposite end of said spectrum. However I realised it was a bit OP atm, which is why it is a building which can currently be deconstructed for resources if you get to it in time, and I made sure that sometimes it actually burns up when it hits the ground :P It will all be a lot more balanced with 2.4.0, I can promise that.

However, to make sure of that I'm not making the same mistakes again where it doesn't get tested properly so, starting today I'm recruiting a more official testing team who will get my releases first to make sure there are no stupid bugs like wire being spawned a million times over, or not being able to deconstruct things. These were unacceptable and unnecessary bugs which i should have noticed, so if anyone here is willing to help me avoid them, I'd mighty appreciate it. :P

I volunteer as tribute! (for testing) and i wasn't being sarcastic earlier i was feeling sad for you having such a hard time.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....