[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 16, 2014, 07:23:25 AM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 15, 2014, 09:35:58 AM
Quote from: LittleMikey on May 15, 2014, 08:57:04 AM
Is Nuclear power not fully implemented yet? Because I've built a Nuclear Controller and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from there xD

have you pu a hopper with uranium next to it?

I tried that but the hopper wouldn't take Uranium. Was I supposed to use a Coal hopper? I thought that was just for the coal power plant... my bad.

I'm using industrial mod not bp+ so I can't answer that however from the youtube videos I have watched then Uranium should work in a normal hopper (Unless you have an industrial hopper in which case use that haha) not sure if the industrial hopper is used in both bp+ and industrial or just industrial mod

Dr. Z

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 16, 2014, 07:23:25 AM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 15, 2014, 09:35:58 AM
Quote from: LittleMikey on May 15, 2014, 08:57:04 AM
Is Nuclear power not fully implemented yet? Because I've built a Nuclear Controller and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from there xD

have you pu a hopper with uranium next to it?

I tried that but the hopper wouldn't take Uranium. Was I supposed to use a Coal hopper? I thought that was just for the coal power plant... my bad.

You can choose what to fill into the hoppers just as you can with a stockpile.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Architect

No Industrial Hopper in BP+ I'm afraid :P Just use the normal hopper and set it to accept uranium under raw resources. You can do the same with the coal plant too, the coal feeder just gives the coal plant a 50% output boost.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

LittleMikey

Quote from: Architect on May 16, 2014, 11:05:15 AM
No Industrial Hopper in BP+ I'm afraid :P Just use the normal hopper and set it to accept uranium under raw resources. You can do the same with the coal plant too, the coal feeder just gives the coal plant a 50% output boost.

Thanks, I've figured out what the problem was, it seems to have been a mod conflict. Not sure with what, I'm using the Big Bang modpack, but I disabled everything apart from BP+ and Uranium is back on the list of options for the hopper. Sorry for the confusion!

gamehawk

firstly, epic mod ;D

secondly, the big bang modpack has soooooooooo much junk...

Back to the matter at hand,

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 17, 2014, 09:18:15 AM

Thanks, I've figured out what the problem was, it seems to have been a mod conflict. Not sure with what, I'm using the Big Bang modpack, but I disabled everything apart from BP+ and Uranium is back on the list of options for the hopper. Sorry for the confusion!

I've got the same problem. I throw down a nuclear control and stare at it and it stares at me back >:( . It wont accept uranium, yet in the rain it blew up a mountain(without any uranium). ???
I've been testing to try to figure which mod is causing it, so far i think it may be rotating hoppers.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: gamehawk on May 21, 2014, 11:57:02 AM
firstly, epic mod ;D

secondly, the big bang modpack has soooooooooo much junk...

Back to the matter at hand,

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 17, 2014, 09:18:15 AM

I've got the same problem. I throw down a nuclear control and stare at it and it stares at me back >:( . It wont accept uranium, yet in the rain it blew up a mountain(without any uranium). ???
I've been testing to try to figure which mod is causing it, so far i think it may be rotating hoppers.

Well im using the sane mod pack and before I switched to industrial mod I didnt have any issues and im watching a lets play series and he is usinh bp+ and having no issues

Cala13er

What issues are you having with industrial RIM ? Apart from bad gameplay of course :P.

nuschler22

I've searched and can't find the answer although I'm guessing it's a mod conflict.

I have wind turbines up, but the option to research Wind Farm isn't there.  I can't figure it out other than it's conflict with another mod for some reason. 

Any ideas?

nuschler22

Quote from: nuschler22 on May 25, 2014, 04:40:02 PM
I've searched and can't find the answer although I'm guessing it's a mod conflict.

I have wind turbines up, but the option to research Wind Farm isn't there.  I can't figure it out other than it's conflict with another mod for some reason. 

Any ideas?

Can anyone help?

Architect

Wind farm isn't a thing in BP+ I'm afraid, I removed it a few versions ago.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

nuschler22

I guess I don't understand how to make the wind turbines effective then. 

I have yet to produce any power for them.  I have them by themselves with nothing around them so wind can get to them from all sides.  Do I need to put them in a certain area?   Are they broken? 

Architect

They need two spaces in front of them and two spaces behind. Anything in front or behind, and I mean anything currently whether that be bush or full blown wall, will cause them to do nothing. The animation for them I have now will mean you have a far clearer indicator, but that update is a very long way off.

JorDash

Killaim

would be awesome with a way to fill in a geyser.

sometimes those crashed ones hit in bad spots (like middle of base) and are very ugly

so someway to either build a covering over it would be awesome

Architect

Quote from: JorDash on May 31, 2014, 12:13:22 AM
Love this mod

Cheers man.

Quote from: Killaim on May 31, 2014, 06:18:37 AM
would be awesome with a way to fill in a geyser.

sometimes those crashed ones hit in bad spots (like middle of base) and are very ugly

so someway to either build a covering over it would be awesome

I'll add it for a future update.