[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth1483

Demonlord091

Thank you Architect, as always we love and appreciate your work.

I must agree with the others about leaving the space requirements attached to the Wind Turbines, the issue I had was my own fault for putting wires behind it I guess.

Keep up the good work, we all love your mod.  ;D 8)

Architect

Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 20, 2014, 01:04:55 AM
Thank you Architect, as always we love and appreciate your work.

I must agree with the others about leaving the space requirements attached to the Wind Turbines, the issue I had was my own fault for putting wires behind it I guess.

Keep up the good work, we all love your mod.  ;D 8)

Thanks dude, i appreciate it :D Ill prioritise making the wind turbines only get blocked by things that make sense then. Tbh, it was the first piece of C# code i ever wrote, so its no surprise its dodgy XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

Oh how odd! Wind Turbines were also my first c# code class I ever made, I just never published it. If you want to learn c#, write a wind turbine class :).

nmid

Just want to ask.. how exactly does the laser drill work?

I have built one, I assume it takes a few days to drill through...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

JorDash

Architect

Quote from: nmid on June 20, 2014, 04:29:49 AM
Just want to ask.. how exactly does the laser drill work?

I have built one, I assume it takes a few days to drill through...

Should take 10 days of being powered constantly exactly. :)

Quote from: JorDash on June 20, 2014, 05:24:20 AM
Thanks for all your hard work

Not a problem dude, happy to help :D

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

ShaggyD00

Hey having some issues with the mod, Coal plants don't bring out coal (waited over 20 game days, and yes it is powered) and Drills don't make steam geyser holes(also con. powered)

Jerethi50

Quote from: ShaggyD00 on June 21, 2014, 06:55:43 AM
Hey having some issues with the mod, Coal plants don't bring out coal (waited over 20 game days, and yes it is powered) and Drills don't make steam geyser holes(also con. powered)
You sure your not somehow using an old version ? I have been using version 4.0.3 and both of those things work fine for me, the laser drill i used twice to get two steam geysers, exactly 10 days apart, both worked fine, the coal mine i had a slight issue with, if you have walls or cavern within two tiles of it remove them or mine them out, see if you get coal then, and remember even that takes a little time. it isnt instant.

ShaggyD00

Seth1483

So, I feel as though now that BP+ has finally reached a stable... ish point, perhaps a little work could be put into BP Hard. Maybe a little more depth to the loss of power from transmission or maybe effects like coal power causes pollution, stuff like that. What does everyone else think about this?

mrofa

Story line looks as interesting feature:D
Well it seems we just need to clone architect few times, imagine what 10 of architects will do :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Seth1483

Design a city and piss off engineers. Wait! That's what Architects already do! :P

Architect

I'd love to add more content to BPHard at the moment, but my problem is I still have a lot of plans for BP+, as as it is downloaded a good 15* more often than BPHard, I have to focus on it.

That being said, it is largely just an excuse for the fact I have no idea what else to put in BP Hard XD So if you guys wanna brain storm, then by all means go ahead and do it. I have a few ideas for after I release 4.1.0 assuming everything goes according to plan, but nothing concrete, and I'm sure you guys can do better than my random scribbles on my arm every time an idea pops into my head XD

Edit:
Oh, and I've updated the change log so that people can see upcoming features for the next release.

ShaggyD00

Upcoming features look awesome! will the exercise bike have an effect on Happiness? Love the bio power idea, finally a way to get rid of bulging stocked up produce.