RimWorld Art Assets

Started by rick0, March 01, 2014, 01:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick0

Hi everyone,

I was creating a simple farming mod to start with so I could figure out how modding works in RimWorld and I have a couple of questions.

I was trying to find some art assets to base my own textures off, but from reading the forum the only tool that seems able to extract the files from the game files is the Unity Assets Explorer. Unfortunately I can't use this as I am running on a linux machine currently and the explorer runs on windows.

Is there any alternative?

Another question I have I ask just out of curiosity, the Resource I put into the game is a food resource. When you start a game you always start with some food resources, be it berries or potatoes. But I have never seen the game start with my food resources and very rarely have I seen the food appear as a random spawn on the map compared to other food resources.

How is the food resources that the colonists start with determined? Same question goes for the randomly spawning food resources.

Thanks guys

Hexxagon

I don´t know any program else, but if you´d tell me which textures you need, I´ll extract them and give them to you, even converted ;D

Entityofsin

Personally I need them all cause I want to play around with all the original texture files. So if you could, just extract them all I suppose. It would make it easier for everyone else that don't have access to Unity to do it themselves.

Blist

I've sent you both a pm with the dds files, so you can take a look.

Havnt looked at if you can make them spawn in with the colonists yet but i will when i get home later.

Also working on some simple farming myself to test out the modding system, already added wheat as a crop and being able to turn it into bread. :)

If it's stupid but works it isn't stupid.

rick0

Thanks for the files man, I sent you a message back but I wasn't sure if it sent properly.

The food resource I added in does seem to spawn but with much less frequency than the standard ones the game has already. Just wondering why really.

Entityofsin

I can't even view the files. x.x

Blist

If it's stupid but works it isn't stupid.

Hexxagon

Entityofsin

Quote from: Blist on March 01, 2014, 02:13:30 PM
Which program do you use?
I tried opening with Photoshop, didn't work. Then I downloaded a DDS file viewer called WTV and it can open them but not view the files. So yeaaa.. I was opening for some PNG files. ahhaha

Hexxagon

daft73

Quote from: Hexxagon on March 01, 2014, 03:06:32 PM
Here is Gimp plus the plugin  for it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b6mfSevvmuSDFaR3ZCWDFrczQ/edit?usp=sharing

This takes us here
so you'll get somthing possibly I clicked "request access", to see what happened. It said hang in there, they will get back to you..essentially Working as intended? ???

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Hexxagon

Entityofsin