[MOD] (Alpha 7) Atomic Power

Started by Psyckosama, March 02, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vas on November 06, 2014, 05:26:16 PM
I'll try unforbidding it again tomorrow, but when I did, it put an X on the building so I'm not sure.  I thought it starts out unforbidden. However, I do know that even standing next to it for 1 second causes a lot of radiation damage that causes your colonist to become vitally sick and need immediate medical attention.  This is a huge medical drain.

There is your problem, it actually starts out forbidden. If it has the red X on it it means it is currently forbidden. And like I already said, radiation damage only occurs while the generator is running, which you can see from the green glow around it. So to operate it make sure it has 1. a red X meaning its forbidden 2. a green glow meaning its running. To repair it make sure it is 1. powered down (=no glow) 2. not forbidden (=no red X). As soon as it is repaired forbid it again since it'll activate when you load a save game.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Vas

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: Vas on November 06, 2014, 05:26:16 PM
I'll try unforbidding it again tomorrow, but when I did, it put an X on the building so I'm not sure.  I thought it starts out unforbidden. However, I do know that even standing next to it for 1 second causes a lot of radiation damage that causes your colonist to become vitally sick and need immediate medical attention.  This is a huge medical drain.

There is your problem, it actually starts out forbidden. If it has the red X on it it means it is currently forbidden. And like I already said, radiation damage only occurs while the generator is running, which you can see from the green glow around it. So to operate it make sure it has 1. a red X meaning its forbidden 2. a green glow meaning its running. To repair it make sure it is 1. powered down (=no glow) 2. not forbidden (=no red X). As soon as it is repaired forbid it again since it'll activate when you load a save game.

It doesn't start out forbidden on my map.  And I don't want to have to watch it carefully, I'd like my idle colonists to go repair it whenever they feel like.  When I first build it, and turn it on, the object is not forbidden.  When I click the button, it puts a red X on it, making it forbidden.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

DracoGriffin

Seems interesting; any more details before downloading and trying it out? Maybe update OP?
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Vas

So yea, this nuclear mod is broken it seems.  Nuclear reactor can not be repaired.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vas on November 09, 2014, 12:02:07 PM
So yea, this nuclear mod is broken it seems.  Nuclear reactor can not be repaired.

The mod works fine, I already told you how to repair it. If you can't be bothered to micromanage the reactor fine but don't go around badmouthing mods that aren't broken.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Haplo

I also don't know what your problem is.
With my try it does save the forbidden status corrctly. The power off is a problem, yes. If you save and it is powered of, after the loading, strangely it's working again, even tho the power still is off.. But that is only, when you load it and it was set to off previously.
If you select a colonist, and right click on the reactor, you'll see, why you can't repair it.
It sais something like
'xy is not a repairer' => The selected colonist is not activated for the repair role
'is already reserved by xy' => another colonist is enroute to repair it
The only time that doesn't appear, is when the building isn't damaged.

Vas

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 09, 2014, 12:32:00 PMThe mod works fine, I already told you how to repair it. If you can't be bothered to micromanage the reactor fine but don't go around badmouthing mods that aren't broken.
I'm not badmouthing squat, it isn't working for me and I explained that the reactor IS NOT forbidden when I try to repair it.

Quote from: Haplo on November 09, 2014, 04:48:34 PM
I also don't know what your problem is.
With my try it does save the forbidden status corrctly. The power off is a problem, yes. If you save and it is powered of, after the loading, strangely it's working again, even tho the power still is off.. But that is only, when you load it and it was set to off previously.
If you select a colonist, and right click on the reactor, you'll see, why you can't repair it.
It sais something like
'xy is not a repairer' => The selected colonist is not activated for the repair role
'is already reserved by xy' => another colonist is enroute to repair it
The only time that doesn't appear, is when the building isn't damaged.
I select a repairer colonist, when the reactor is yellow and even red, and right click it, nothing comes up at all, I even tried with someone who isn't.  There was nothing, not a "no path" not a "is reserved/isn't repairer", nothing.  I turned the reactor off, tried it.  Nothing.  I clicked forbidden which put the red X on it, still nothing.

How strange, started a new game, this is the 4th new game, and just spawned the reactor in with god mode right then and there.  This time, it worked.  I'm going to have to try a few things and see if I can replicate the issue.  If I can, I will give you the save file and the mods, then explain how I got there.  The reactor doesn't start forbidden as people say, however I prefer that.  Also, as I said in an earlier post, I don't think it should cause radiation damage.  But anyway.

Vas

Well I stopped using the mod.  I've never discovered why it didn't work the first 3 times I used it.  :P  However, I noticed in your topic post, it says this consumes uranium, it doesn't actually appear to consume uranium.  I mean, yea, in building it, but not as a fuel type.  :P

I miss Better Power, it was rather great and all.  I loved the nuclear reactor in it, even coal reactors.

bdangel

i like the mod , but the building is so weak that i must spend many time on checking,

can you make some red warning when the life is low ?

Morrigi

In real life (contrary to popular belief), nuclear reactors do not explode horribly at the drop of a hat, and it can be assumed that significant progress has been made in the centuries since then in the game world. Kind of immersion-breaking, honestly.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Morrigi on November 22, 2014, 12:36:23 AM
In real life (contrary to popular belief), nuclear reactors do not explode horribly at the drop of a hat...
Yes, it would require something significantly heavier than just a hat to drop, even to explode just a little bit :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Milano22

Can you please get this mod to Alpha 8?