[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyriaelsoban

I havnt been able to update to 1.0.8 yet, moved and have no internet ...
Is it possible to complete the core shielding project with only 1 fuel rod, or is the radiation leakage factor determined by the number of fuel rods?
I had her riding 90% flux with 0.1 leakage and then i noticed a second jet of steam and got a little wary, i dont want the right lower quad of my base to turn into cernobyl in the middle of a -90 winter...

Canute

Ok i play with 1.08 but that should change much.
I just did it with 4 fuel rods, turn off your cooling, so you can overheat the core.
Regulate the flux that the core get around 1000C, then the radiation should raise slowly.
Once you reach the 1.0 radiation, you can go back to normal conditions and gather data.

Canute

Dry cooling tower can be build under roofs. That should be forbidden.
A mountain base user can think he could use that inside.

tyriaelsoban

Quote from: Canute on October 15, 2017, 04:29:55 PM
Ok i play with 1.08 but that should change much.
I just did it with 4 fuel rods, turn off your cooling, so you can overheat the core.
Regulate the flux that the core get around 1000C, then the radiation should raise slowly.
Once you reach the 1.0 radiation, you can go back to normal conditions and gather data.
I guess im a dumbass, it seems the turbine cools the system passively even if you turn the other parts off, so i was barely at 600°C.
Now with all the other parts off, save for the core ... with 4 rods im riding 49% flux @ 1k°C and 0.3 leakage ...
Have either if you found all the signs for an "oh shit shes gonna blow!" ...?

Edit: i just got a purple warning for 'core integrity' at 0.6 ... does this mean im about to cause a meltdown?
Edit 2.0: every time i reach 0.8ish the game creates a critical event that is called 'cracked core' ... it basically makes the experiment impossible to complete.
Now am i doing something wrong?

Canute

- Hull integrey warning pops up wenn your Reactor core gets badly damaged and it is about to break. Still all repairable.
- Cracked core, the reactor core broke up and massive rad. is coming out. The core can't run at full power anymore.
You need to deconstruct the reactor core and rebuild it.
- Molten core, BUMM, thats the sarcophag is for you can build.

Yes it is a bit tricky, you need to experiment a bit with cooling on/off and adjust the flux rate.
On another reseach i even got a molten core, put 24 rods in, put on 100% flux for the test but didn't watched the temp. closely.
And Bumm, before i notice it the core temp. was at 3000+C. 2 Radiator wasn't enough for cooling at full load.

tyriaelsoban

I held it at 49% flux for 1000°c the whole way through.
Basically its a time sensitive project an ive got to load her up hard at the start?

Canute

You need to think about,
at normal operating not rad. should leave the core. You need to overload the core and damage it a bit so rad.
The 1000°c is just a thing from me, maybe a lower temp. works well too, but takes more time until you reach the 1.0 rad.

Just try it a few times, and when you notice your hull integry looks bad before you reach the 1.0 rad, you better SCRAM and repair and try it again. A Cracked core is much worser, you need to build all reactor comp. again.

Canute

Ok, i am just at the Obelist research phase and need to test it out.
But the obelist don't do any damage to shields.
My brawler with shield just play target dummy and giggle when he is geting enveloped by the lasers.

And another thing i notice.
I build 2 obelist (still research testing phase) but when i select both and let them force attack something only one obelist are firing.

Dubwise

The prototype obelisk is very weak so it wont cut through shields very well until its upgraded, i'll have to fix that placeworker so it limits blueprints properly, and for targeting with multiple selected im not sure how to do that yet, its not using normal verbs for that, logged the bugs and i'll try have them fixed for the a18 update

Canute

You should expand the description of the Plutonium processor, the the only accept fuel rods with x% or less.

Spleenling

Have you considered some kind of large-scale shield generator? Something that blocks incoming ranged attacks by draining energy from the PPC network? I have seen other mod mod that do similar things to that but I think it would integrate nicely to this mod.
Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

Canute

You have a weapon system to shoot down incoming mortar/rockets.
If you look for a shieldsystem again handheld ranged weapons search for ED-shields
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18995.msg207264#msg207264

But from the technological side energyshields are 2-3 technology levels above fission reactors, and don't fit in that scenario.

Canute

dubwise,
just a question. Did you disable the solar flare event or i am just lucky not to got any ?
I didn't got any solar flare with this colony and rimatomic, not that they would disturb me, i use the solar flare shielding anyway, but 5-6 years without solar flare is just uncommon.

Dubwise

nope not touched it, people complain about the reactor not working with the solar shield mod all the time so some people still get spammed with them

MythOfTheLight

How to load plutonium processor? They say no fuel assembly available