[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on February 22, 2017, 08:48:57 PM
Silly question: will there be nuclear winter?

No nuclear winter, that kinda requires mass detonations like full scale nuclear war with 50MT warheads all over the planet. You do get a cluster of radioactive fallout world objects from detonations that moves randomly from tile to tile and can trigger fallout events in maps. And the same radioactive fallout world objects spawn constantly from your map if you have a meltdown and the core is exposed. So you wouldn't want to move a caravan through a tile with fallout overhead, or detonate nukes near your home tile or near friendly tiles in case the fallout wanders over

bonmar14

Just a quick question on your last screenshot. Post you said the ui will be changed a lot so i just wander how big of a  change will it be compared from the screenshot post you posted and also by a percent of like a 80/100 is the mod going to be completed also thanks for the hardwork you you have done on all the mods that you have made

Dubwise

Current version, still need to do the mini screens. It wont change much from that now, can easily fit 4 on screen at 1080p and the id select lets you cycle through multiple cores without closing the window

bonmar14

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 24, 2017, 08:41:11 PM
Current version, still need to do the mini screens. It wont change much from that now, can easily fit 4 on screen at 1080p and the id select lets you cycle through multiple cores without closing the window

Ok thanks for replying

TrEvIzE

That's look amazing!!!

Any idea of release date for A16 version?

Dubwise

Not long now

Here you can see the new energy weapons powered by a group of reactors. You get a tesla coil which arc's to anything that comes within its short range, An obelisk which fires a precise laser at medium to long ranges. And the rail gun which fires cheap to make sabot rounds at 3x the speed of a morter, at extreme range for striking targets in the local map, or other maps in the world.

All 3 weapons require the pulsed power capacitors shown just below the turbines, these behave like super efficient high capacity batteries, but will rapidly dissipate all their energy if the connected power rate falls below 0. Each weapon has a percentage adjustment for the maximum range and damage power, and the size of the pulse required by each shot is decided by the range to the target and damage %

ChairmanPoo

Oh man  :D

I think I'll just quit my current game and wait for release :D

dareddevil7

Railguns had always been impractical because you'd need a nuclear reactor to get the projectile to any kind of usable speed. But now we have a nuclear reactor. Can't wait to kill my current colony when this comes out.

TrEvIzE

Look crazy!
In a good way.

great idea, great design.  ;D

bonmar14

That obelisk seems familiar.. yeah its from the C&C game from Nod. Anyways the Mod will look like its gona be more awsome than expected

profit

Quote from: bonmar14 on March 01, 2017, 02:30:20 AM
That obelisk seems familiar.. yeah its from the C&C game from Nod. Anyways the Mod will look like its gona be more awsome than expected
It also has that satisfying hum as the target evaporates into a dessicated corpse.  Funny bit though, sometimes it will just burn off a random limb... A bunny was hit by one and it lost a leg, a lung and a kidney... But it can kill mechanoids with one hit in many occasions.

hypnoshadow

Dubwise

if you add me on steam you can test the hidden unstable version, and i have been streaming while i work on it over at www.twitch.tv/dubwise56

yawningrover

could you give me a drm free beta version please?

Dubwise

nope sorry im keeping it on steam so i can spam updates fast and keep the comments contained in 1 place, i also don't want a half broken version in a zip floating around out there and have to keep zipping up updates because its changing rapidly and i would end up with reports for stuff that was fixed 2 weeks ago