[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mau256

Dubwise

Quote from: mau256 on September 07, 2017, 05:24:11 PM
where i build the rimatomics research table?

build a comms console and then wait a while then it unlocks

henk

If i have one reactor core, how much turbines and transformators i should have for a max energy production? I curently use one core + one Thor (1kwt, or smth), cooling tower, and 2 transformators. It's 80kwt output if fully loaded. Is that ok?
Also, how can i produce more plutonium from fuel rods? I've noticed, that after 50% of their condition or about that, i can put them in plutonium bench for processing. How can i get maximum ammount of plutonium, for that pretty nuclear missisles?

Toxicated

Thanks for a awesome mod :)
Do you plan on making different types of reactors in the future?

Dubwise

Quote from: Toxicated on September 08, 2017, 07:04:29 AM

Thank you, and nope i would rather spend time adding more detail to the current reactor, you can already convert it into a breeder with an upgrade. Also i don't want to make it safer by adding things like molten salt reactors, the extra stuff i want to add to the existing reactor will make it much harder with more room for human error

Dubwise

Quote from: henk on September 08, 2017, 02:51:03 AM
If i have one reactor core, how much turbines and transformators i should have for a max energy production? I curently use one core + one Thor (1kwt, or smth), cooling tower, and 2 transformators. It's 80kwt output if fully loaded. Is that ok?
Also, how can i produce more plutonium from fuel rods? I've noticed, that after 50% of their condition or about that, i can put them in plutonium bench for processing. How can i get maximum ammount of plutonium, for that pretty nuclear missisles?

The power output of the reactor varies quite a lot depending on what upgrades you have, and the life of each fuel rod. With no upgrades and fully fueled it should kick out around 87kw at max flux, to make use of all of that you would need 1 thor turbine which has maximum capacity of 100kw, 1 cooling tower or 1 water cooling station, and 1 transformer. As the fuel is used up the power output will gradually fall and then at around 20% will drop rapidly, the conductor upgrade will boost the power output by 15% and the neutron reflector upgrade increases the max flux rate to 125% allowing you to boost the power by another 25% but at the cost of faster fuel consumption.

The breeder upgrade is the best way to produce plutonium because it doubles the conversion ratio, once installed the shape of the power output curve changes so it starts low, and then at 50% of its life it peaks at double the output at around 172kw for 24, that's when you want to remove the fuel and process it to get the maximum amount of plutonium and uranium, also the lifespan of fuel at max flux in the breeder is 4 years vs 2 for the normal reactor, without the breeder upgrade just wait until the fuel is spent.

mau256

Dubwise

Quote from: mau256 on September 08, 2017, 09:27:02 AM
how i unlock research projects?

build a comms console, wait for the probe detection message, build the rimatomics research bench and then click on it, there is a tab containing the custom research

Canute

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 08:16:09 AM

Thank you, and nope i would rather spend time adding more detail to the current reactor, you can already convert it into a breeder with an upgrade. Also i don't want to make it safer by adding things like molten salt reactors, the extra stuff i want to add to the existing reactor will make it much harder with more room for human error
Do you know the TV-series "Lost" when someone need to enter something every xd hours or *boomm*.
Maybe something similar to the reactor control.
At the begining you don't have microelectronic control, just regular mechanic. And a pawn need to adjust every 4 hours the control, even at night.
With some research you have electrical support which reduce the adjustment to 1-2 times the day.
And with microelectronic, full auto. control, but some visitor/pirates could still upload some virus to exceute some bad events :-)

mau256

i open the custom research tab and dont have nothing

TrEvIzE

Did you open research from rimatomic research bench?

Rimatomic research is not in standard research tab. You have to do this like other bench.

mau256

yes, i opened the research tab from the rimatomic research bench

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on September 08, 2017, 09:47:51 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 08:16:09 AM

Do you know the TV-series "Lost" when someone need to enter something every xd hours or *boomm*.
Maybe something similar to the reactor control.
At the begining you don't have microelectronic control, just regular mechanic. And a pawn need to adjust every 4 hours the control, even at night.
With some research you have electrical support which reduce the adjustment to 1-2 times the day.
And with microelectronic, full auto. control, but some visitor/pirates could still upload some virus to exceute some bad events :-)

Kind of like a flick job that if left too long opens up some incidents, i could do that, what i actually had planned was making the core more simulated and realistic allowing you to make the same mistakes they made at chernobyl, i wont go into details yet could change by a18

Dubwise

Quote from: mau256 on September 08, 2017, 10:20:41 AM
yes, i opened the research tab from the rimatomic research bench

Did you build the bench with god mode?