[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

You need used fuel rods, i think they need to be at last 50% or less.
Then hauler will haul them to the processor.
But your hauler should wear the protection suits/mask !!

faltonico

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 22, 2017, 11:14:21 AM
nope not touched it, people complain about the reactor not working with the solar shield mod all the time so some people still get spammed with them
The solar flare event still happens from time to time, but the reactors shut themselves even if the shield is working and no other appliance is affected by the flare (other than the coms console, but that is by design).

Cassiopea

I love your work! I was able to setup 4 reactors, a couple of railguns and I'm still researching new weapons. Colony's on year six. The gradual reveal of research works wondrously as a built-on tutorial and overall the experience feels extremely polished and professional. I really hope Tynan takes notice and integrates the ideas you built into the main game.

And a little story. So as I said, I have researched and constructed a couple of railguns and I'm working on upgrading them. I'm also running Colony manager and the animal logic mod. I've set-up the manager to auto flag any predator on the map for immediate hunting. An arctic Wolf enters the map and my 18-shooting, fully decked-out it hunter is closing on him. So far so good, he aims and with one volley downs the wolf. However, the animal logic mod has a neat feature that flags man-hunters and predators actively attacking your pawns as a colony wide threat. Turrets will target them. It happens that I also had a pawn manning the weapon console as I was trying to figure out how the launchpad works.
So my best hunter is out there, shoots the wolf, downs him and promptly triggers the revenge. Cue the revenge incident alert, the dit-dit sound of turrets having acquired a target, a loud bang, and the railguns just upgraded with the aiming chip, drop a couple of sabots right on target. The volley didn't outright kill the hunter but left him with 800% bleeding/2 hours till expiration. I was thoroughly impressed.  ;D

Dubwise

haha thanks, im doing some tweaks to railguns for a18 since hes added proper shell selection, so you can make DU sabot rounds which pack a bit more punch, probably wont leave any trace of your target if you're using du rounds with multiple guns or use the barrage mode from the weapons console. Its funny that he just added orbital bombardments in a18 that are similar to my railgun barrage, so im debating if i should use his radio target designation system to keep things consistent with the base game

Canute

QuoteI really hope Tynan takes notice and integrates the ideas you built into the main game.
You are aware that the Spaceship reactor use Antimatter technology ? :-)
I think tynan don't want any of these "ancient" technology.

But about the weapon, please not another weapon that let all corpses vanish.
The obelisk allready desintegrate the target all the time.

Dubwise

well you don't have to use the du rounds or the obelisk, and im just basing it off the new stuff that's been added to a18 anyway

hardfreak

somebody knows a way to turn the rtg output from 500w to lets say 5000w up?

Dubwise

Quote from: hardfreak on October 26, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

nope its hardcoded

paulvin

Quote from: hardfreak on October 26, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

if im correct rimatomics has a different power generation not in the defs but on the dll. you can also try to adding <basePowerConsumption>-5000</basePowerConsumption> on the building defs to see if it works

hardfreak

basePowerConsumption is amount of power it needs not the output

i found it but cant assemble a new dll..

its in the Rimatomics.dll in the file Building_RTG.cs: ... this.powerComp.PowerOutput = (float) (500.0 * ((double) this.HitPoint ...

Dubwise

you could try just removing the class on the def for the rtg and setting the base power on the comp to -5000, it will probably work and you would just lose the radiation leaking when its damaged which makes it like the vanometric powercell from a18

hardfreak

not working. if placed it shows the nagative consumption for a moment as a positive output, but after 1 tick it goes back to the coded 500w

Nevermind.. changed to <thingClass>Building</thingClass> and added <basePowerConsumption>-5000</basePowerConsumption>

now it outputs 5000w without radiation it think, cause of the class like an normal fueled generator

Ian_Suffix

Quote from: EpicGunBlast on September 09, 2017, 09:59:35 AM
How can i limit cooling to create a breeder reactor? it says i need to hold a temperature of 374c but i have no idea how to :(
Edit: never mind, i figured out i could use two radiators to achieve enough cooling to sustain a 374c temp and a neutron flux above 50% :)

I'm having trouble with the same test. Two radiators aren't enough to cool my reactor core / Thor setup-- it skyrockets up to 600C and beyond. Three, and I get around 99.60% cooling, which means that a normal temp of 315C is maintained. I thought to stuff the third radiator in an enclosed room, which got the temperature of the room up to 100C, but that didn't seem to have any effect on reactor Cooling, which was still around 99.6-8%. The test requires 100% neutron flux, so reducing flux isn't an option.

Is there something I'm missing, here?

Canute

I am not sure if the radiators got a reduced functionality if the room is to hot.
Maybe try to use the Redist Heat mod, add intakes in the radiator room, and transport the heat outside to heat your base or into the outdoors.
Or simple build a radiator/cooling tower somewhere outside.

Ian_Suffix

Thanks Canute, but it's not the radiators overheating that I'm having trouble with. That part's easy.

The problem I'm having is getting the "Cooling" value on the reactor core to go over 100% and stop at around 110%, so that I can run tests to create a breeder reactor. Just one too many radiators off and the temperature skyrockets!