[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blizzardwolf420

Quote from: malloc on January 05, 2018, 01:51:52 AM
Quote from: blizzardwolf420 on January 04, 2018, 11:55:03 PM
it wont allow me to force it, and i have everything it needs. I made a sep save with pawns who are all maxed out at 20 for all skill , made sure i had all the materials and then some and it still wont work.  Im waiting to see if anyone else has the issue with the beta, if not then it may be some weird mod conflict that just isnt tossing up an error.

No issues with it here.  Are you using Fluffy's Work Tab?  There are new job givers for the Nuclear types (Do Research within Crafting, etc.) so check that they are set for the Pawns.  What does it say when you right click the table with a pawn selected?

I added the mod to an existing save and some pawns got the new work type added with a priority by default while others did not so maybe that is the issue ?

I do not use  that mod but maby i should,when i right click it dosnt say anything. ill see if the new update fixes it if not then ill grab that mod

Dubwise

uploaded a little patch to actually fix the placeworker on water cooling  ::)

pyrlix

So I did some experimenting and playing around with the reactors. How is the explosions range and power determined? It IMHO feels a bit... weak if you have a Y-Reactor filled with 24 Rods and it running at... i think it was 900kW?
The effects of it look awesome though, and the whole mechanic around the Reactor itselfs plays quite good. Will keep it as a permanent mod for now - i just need a bigger map now :D

Dubwise

well its not meant to be a nuclear explosion, its just the core popping like a cheap party balloon, and it carves out a chunk around it before sending out the shockwave which is still bigger than an antigrain warhead, the main danger is the slag that you have to clean up and sealing up the core to stop the fallout, and i have a couple of changes planned to make contamination a much bigger problem

Canute

Thats why i like Antimatter reactors.
When there somethings goes wrong nothing remain to be cleaned,sealed or treaten.
Just game over .:-)

HighDerpLord

Hey just wanted to say i love this mod very much so far. just a few questions:
1) is there a way to watch my ICBM missle devastate an outpost/base without me sending a pawn first to the tile who gets obliterated in a white light
2) can i somehow look at the obliterated area? i instantly get thrown to the world map when the base is destroyed.
3) is the a purpose for the anti ICBM cannon? i think its called HEL. i mean its just urself nuking the world like a north korean wet dream, isnt it?
4) it may sound like im a psychpath but the question is similar to my number 1) with one exception.
is there a mod to show some random generated enemy/friendly bases/factions to zoom in and interact not like just trading/attacking? i like to inspect the peace and quiet npc pawns before i nuke them to oblivion. :) im actually a nice guy in RL
5) last question: i got 5 of this railgun turrets, when i click all 5 and force a target without someone at weapons console the all go for the same point. so far so good. But when i got someone at the console i cant do that with all 5 clicked. just one of them fullfills my command even if i press multiple times. is there a way to make them shoot consecutive or at the same time. its a tidy work to zoom out and click them one by one :(

nontheless, easiely the  best mod with Preperation and Star wars. i even learned stuff about nuclear reactors thanks to u :O

dodviper

Hi guys! I'm really enjoying the mod (actually loving it), but i don't know what to do with the huge power I can generate with reactors  :-[
What do guys build (without cheating) that needs this much power (except the new weapons)?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dodviper on January 09, 2018, 05:46:20 AM
Hi guys! I'm really enjoying the mod (actually loving it), but i don't know what to do with the huge power I can generate with reactors  :-[
What do guys build (without cheating) that needs this much power (except the new weapons)?

Besides the defenses and turrets/towers? What about Mass Storage? Takes more juice the more you store, or check out some of the other endgame content mods, I highly recommend Sparkling Worlds or Glitter Tech. Some of them have resource duplicators that take a lot of juice, and I haven't even begun to explore most of them yet, so I'm sure there is going to be a lot of stuff that takes absurd energy that will be lots of fun! You could also start building a huge automated factory with bots, droids, androids, automated sprinklers and harvesters, conveyor belts with pushers/pullers/sorters, automatic crafters, all kinds of awesome stuff! Also I'm pretty sure on the Glitter Tech they have ultra high end composites, Alpha Poly and Beta Poly, that take a lot to manufacture. You can make weapons and art and stuff out of them too, something I think would be a great resource sink late game. Be careful though, your colony's value will go up quickly!

Headshotkill

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 06:33:03 AM
Quote from: dodviper on January 09, 2018, 05:46:20 AM

Besides the defenses and turrets/towers? What about Mass Storage? Takes more juice the more you store, or check out some of the other endgame content mods, I highly recommend Sparkling Worlds or Glitter Tech. Some of them have resource duplicators that take a lot of juice, and I haven't even begun to explore most of them yet, so I'm sure there is going to be a lot of stuff that takes absurd energy that will be lots of fun! You could also start building a huge automated factory with bots, droids, androids, automated sprinklers and harvesters, conveyor belts with pushers/pullers/sorters, automatic crafters, all kinds of awesome stuff! Also I'm pretty sure on the Glitter Tech they have ultra high end composites, Alpha Poly and Beta Poly, that take a lot to manufacture. You can make weapons and art and stuff out of them too, something I think would be a great resource sink late game. Be careful though, your colony's value will go up quickly!

I think besides powerfull weapons and some other late-game energy sinks that give bonuses, the player should be faced with a barrier when building the spaceship. As of right now walking towards the already existing space-ship is a lot harder now that you have to face of the waves of enemies. This means building the space-ship as of right now is easier, requiring to sink in a massive amount of energy in the space-ship to prepare it for interstellar travel would balance it out and give people a serious motivation to go nuclear energy.

Frug

Quote from: HighDerpLord on January 08, 2018, 06:31:20 PM
Hey just wanted to say i love this mod very much so far. just a few questions:
1) is there a way to watch my ICBM missle devastate an outpost/base without me sending a pawn first to the tile who gets obliterated in a white light
2) can i somehow look at the obliterated area? i instantly get thrown to the world map when the base is destroyed.
3) is the a purpose for the anti ICBM cannon? i think its called HEL. i mean its just urself nuking the world like a north korean wet dream, isnt it?
4) it may sound like im a psychpath but the question is similar to my number 1) with one exception.
is there a mod to show some random generated enemy/friendly bases/factions to zoom in and interact not like just trading/attacking? i like to inspect the peace and quiet npc pawns before i nuke them to oblivion. :) im actually a nice guy in RL
5) last question: i got 5 of this railgun turrets, when i click all 5 and force a target without someone at weapons console the all go for the same point. so far so good. But when i got someone at the console i cant do that with all 5 clicked. just one of them fullfills my command even if i press multiple times. is there a way to make them shoot consecutive or at the same time. its a tidy work to zoom out and click them one by one :(

nontheless, easiely the  best mod with Preperation and Star wars. i even learned stuff about nuclear reactors thanks to u :O
The HEL intercepts and destroys incoming mortar shells - not ICBMs. :)

HighDerpLord

ah thank u, and how do i handle it? i mean its radius is quite low :O and i need to prototype research it. my base is too big to cover even a quarter of it

Arigas

Not sure if its known or not, but apparently the researches from SS Researchable Stat Upgrades that increase stack size doesn't play friendly with fuel rods. They get stored as a single fuel rod, and loaded as a single one as well, and colonists don't take a single one at a time, they take the entire amount.

loque76

Soooo.......who else stores their spent nuclear fuel rods in prison cells :D

just me?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Arigas on January 22, 2018, 02:45:15 PM
Not sure if its known or not, but apparently the researches from SS Researchable Stat Upgrades that increase stack size doesn't play friendly with fuel rods. They get stored as a single fuel rod, and loaded as a single one as well, and colonists don't take a single one at a time, they take the entire amount.

I plan on playing with Researchable Start Upgrades, but those upgrades had me worried about a lot of things. I think I will change them. One thing I think is awesome about that mod, is that one upgrade makes your turret shoot four bullets instead of three. How cool is that? Makes me wonder why we don't have other cool researchers like that, where it might change or upgrade something to already have, not necessarily unlock something new. I had a weird issue too where some mods went defining their own defs improperly, and messing up other mods where I would have to insert a <thingClass> into their defs, but the error log would always make it look like it was Researchable Stat Upgrades had something to do with it. Someone else told me that it wasn't, "catching all exceptions" and I'm not really sure what that means.

Dubwise

Quote from: Arigas on January 22, 2018, 02:45:15 PM

Yeah i know about that one, i have absolutely no idea why they made an upgrade that changes all stack sizes even on stuff specifically set to a limit of 1, switch to a different storage mod i guess