[TOOL] RimWorld Conflict Checker [Updated 11/29/18]

Started by biship, August 31, 2016, 04:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biship

0.0.0.7 released
Added ability to specify ModsConfig.xml location
By default, now only checks enabled mods
Added option to check all installed mods, inc non-enabled (-all or use config tool)
Added count of mod folders, exiting if zero folders found
Fixed crash if TARGETVERSION is not set in About.xml
Include ResultsWPF headers on Control-C
Moved RimWorld version check up

Primal Lord

Receiving an error about a System.NullReferenceException,
the first picture is the settings i used, second is the error, third is if i close the error report and let it continue

Edit: removed the invalid pictures, not sure what went wrong

biship

Quote from: Primal Lord on December 30, 2016, 07:37:33 PM
the first picture is the settings i used, second is the error, third is if i close the error report and let it continue
Hmmm sorry about that. Those screen shots did not work. Can you also attach the RCC.txt file? Did NBUG popup and ask you to submit the error? (that would give me more info).

Primal Lord

Quote from: biship on December 30, 2016, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: Primal Lord on December 30, 2016, 07:37:33 PM
Hmmm sorry about that. Those screen shots did not work. Can you also attach the RCC.txt file? Did NBUG popup and ask you to submit the error? (that would give me more info).

It did, and the first time i sent it in but didn't know what would cause it so i left that field blank, RCC.txt attached below.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

biship

Quote from: Primal Lord on December 30, 2016, 08:19:25 PM
It did, and the first time i sent it in but didn't know what would cause it so i left that field blank, RCC.txt attached below.

2 things are odd.
It wasn't able to get the RimWorld version text from C:\Games\Rimworld\Version.txt. I've added more logging in the next version.
It died during the scan of the 31 folders in C:\Games\Rimworld\Mods.

Can you upload those screen shots again? The NullReferenceException should help me determine which object is empty.

Primal Lord

It wasn't able to get the RimWorld version text from C:\Games\Rimworld\Version.txt.
Problem fixed, i actually deleted version.txt while looking through the xml's a while ago because it didn't seem important and i get ocd about useless things *cough*, made a new text document, renamed it, and added in the relevant info and the conflict checker works. Sorry for the trouble

biship

Quote from: Primal Lord on December 30, 2016, 08:48:48 PM
Problem fixed, i actually deleted version.txt while looking through the xml's a while ago because it didn't seem important and i get ocd about useless things *cough*, made a new text document, renamed it, and added in the relevant info and the conflict checker works. Sorry for the trouble

Ahh... yeah I too delete more than I should on occasion. I've added logging for this issue now and updated the app to 0.0.0.8.

biship

0.0.0.9 Released.
Mostly fixes:
Added handling for missing Version.txt
Fixed broken Version.txt parsing
Added handling for case-sensative filenames
Fixed XML element case-sensative checking
Added more exception handling on locked files
Added copy to clipboard option on results form
Added more verbage to what each check does
Better searching for ModsConfig.xml

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

rdz1122

Is this tool, or similar, still being updated?  With so many Mods enabled, we need something like the Fallout/Skyrim LOOT etc.

Der Failer

Quote from: rdz1122 on July 11, 2017, 11:32:24 AM
Is this tool, or similar, still being updated?  With so many Mods enabled, we need something like the Fallout/Skyrim LOOT etc.
The current version works fine for A17 on my end, so...

aukave

stormclouds

awesome tool, but the problem i dont known the conflict wich one because i got  a lot of mod, 1 mod conflict with 11 mod, need description about which is mod get conflicted , example : mod 1 conflict with mod 2.or  add bolded letter to conflicted mod. for example like mod organizer at skyrim. thxs

sirskips

Maybe I just dont know enough about computers but I dont see an RCC.exe file in this i donwloaded the zip file and extracted it it

GrimTrigger