Engine Used?

Started by dustindps, October 14, 2013, 11:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

^ You need to keep up on the rulesets. The newest revision clarifies this better than the last. It's about the threads page (ie General Discussion) rather than the number of pages within the thread itself. Fact!
</NecroNerd>

Edit - Darn it, got ninja'd

GamerGuy

TheGentlmen

Quote from: GamerGuy on July 24, 2015, 03:34:14 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 24, 2015, 04:08:35 AM
Quote from: Tynan on July 23, 2015, 09:01:09 PM

Invalid card! This is the 1st page of the thread, not the 2nd.
*Facepalm*

Update your cards for once... your all outdated.

Credit to me for gimping (you know, photoshoping... but for gimp... no? Just me?) rimworld over Ubunto.

TheGentlmen

Tynan, I few questions...

Do you use the unity built in colliers for calculating if within melee range or simply check if the deference between (X1+Y1)-(X2+Y2) is greater than -z but smaller than z, where z is the range?

Why do you make an engine-in-an-engine, to be more specific why did you use root calls? Wouldn't the Unity Update function suffice, with a little clever usage of Script Execution Order Settings
?

Why did you make your own object system? Wouldn't gameobjects with dozen or so reused scripts/one grand script work to? Who does yours be more efficient than gameobjects? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

Do you use the Image component or Sprite Component or a custom one for rendering out the pawns/world? How about the UI?

How does the day-night cycle work? How do the 2d images have shadows? Are they custom made or is their a setting I've not noticed?

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

TheGentlmen

Toggle

Quote from: TheGentlmen on July 25, 2015, 03:21:25 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 25, 2015, 03:17:06 PM
Ubuntuuuuu.
Os & U... no difrence... just ignore it.

Nah I just said that because I use it too.

TheGentlmen

Toggle

Ah, nah I was confused when you said "Credit to me for gimping (you know, photoshoping... but for gimp... no? Just me?) rimworld over Ubunto." I guess you meant ubuntu was previously there and now it says rimworld?

Devon_v

Actually, both cards are invalid because Resurrect is not an MtG action or trigger. :)

"Return target thread from the graveyard to the battlefield" is the correct wording.

Tynan used Unity because it was an affordable multi-platform foundation. It was designed for 3D games using perhaps a few hundred objects, so he wrote his own object handlers to deal with thousands of objects, while eliminating the need to track z-coordinates for anything. The main benefit was that he didn't have to write I/O, graphics and sound for three OSs, and the game could theoretically be ported to Android and iOS someday.

Shadows on 2D objects is just math. If you look closely you'll notice that there are only two or three actual shadow shapes, and they're just extended across the ground plane according to the mathematical position of the sun, which Tynan actually bothered to calculate correctly accounting for latitude and axial tilt.

puddlejumper448

Quote from: TheGentlmen on July 25, 2015, 01:53:59 AM

Credit to me for gimping (you know, photoshoping... but for gimp... no? Just me?) rimworld over Ubunto.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: puddlejumper448 on July 27, 2015, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen on July 25, 2015, 01:53:59 AM

I need that... give me a minute.

Tynan

Thank you Devon for covering some of the questions there :)

RIMWROLD - Ok I laughed pretty hard at this one.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TheGentlmen

Edit: Just great... I spelt it as RimWrold instead of RimWorld... can't be bother to change it...

StorymasterQ

I legit read that as RIMWLOLD for some reason.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here