[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhacxk

Dubwise

Updated to V2.0.1
I totally changed the system for spawning the starting loot crates / ship chunks / lander. So now you can use "EdB prepare carefully" and you will still get all of the proper starting materials.
Increased the landers starting battery charge to 4000.
Fixed a bug with dust on solar panels.
Autodoors now vent air same as normal doors and vents, and vent faster when open.
Walls are considered outside and only burn a tiny amount.
Fire inside a room will consume O2 at a rate based on the fires strength.
Once O2 runs out fire will be starved and extinguish itself.

PureReject

Hey i have tried loading this mod on alpha 15b and alpha 15c and both times it throws this error at me? It wont load in the lander. Alpha 15c was a clean copy no data
http://imgur.com/a/Z5V31

PureReject

The problem disappeared when i re downloaded the mod, deleted configs, deleted mods, and used prepare carefully and the mod. However it does not like putting relations as a sister or brother in prepare carefully and throw errors if the pawns spawn on the lander

Dubwise

Quote from: PureReject on September 12, 2016, 07:17:59 AM
The problem disappeared when i re downloaded the mod, deleted configs, deleted mods, and used prepare carefully and the mod. However it does not like putting relations as a sister or brother in prepare carefully and throw errors if the pawns spawn on the lander

That message is just a warning that you wont see a battery bar which is what i want, i need to suppress the message. I just replaced the default scenario loot spawning with my own after the maps loaded to get prepare carefully working, The game will automatically move pawns off of impassable objects for now, but i'll make sure the spawner is trying to avoid pawns.
As for the siblings problem it might be something to do with me disabling all the factions, i'll have a fiddle about

I fixed the warning message and i have made a NASA faction to fix null faction errors which broke the sister setting, i was probably going to make nasa anyway to run communications with them at the comms console

jecrell

This mod is AWESOME!

I noticed the AI doesn't think much of cleaning those solar panels when cleaning is priority #1, which is unfortunate.
Also, is it possible to treat your own injuries yet, and if not, when can we expect self-treating or self-surgery? =)
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Dubwise

Quote from: jecrell on September 12, 2016, 09:03:23 AM
This mod is AWESOME!

I noticed the AI doesn't think much of cleaning those solar panels when cleaning is priority #1, which is unfortunate.
Also, is it possible to treat your own injuries yet, and if not, when can we expect self-treating or self-surgery? =)
Thanks!

I just tested the cleaning and they do prioritize cleaning the panels so maybe you have a mod that breaks cleaning.
When colonists rest in any type of bed they will very slowly heal themselves based on their own skill level, the xp is applied and they will use up any medical supplies next to the bed. In the next patch I'm going to make it so they have to equip the medical bag first and toggle self heal on or off, that way it wont break standard healing

Tig2

Are you planing to add water managment? You know drinking. Ice harvesting, water pump ect...just to not relay on atmospheric condesers in big way?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Dubwise

Quote from: Tig2 on September 12, 2016, 11:46:12 AM
Are you planing to add water managment? You know drinking. Ice harvesting, water pump ect...just to not relay on atmospheric condesers in big way?

Yes, waste recycling, using excess food as compost, harvesting ice crystals from rocks and soil, water tanks, showers, whole new irrigation grid. Plus everything that can go wrong with all of those. I cant promise any dates for all of this being finished though  :-X

Tig2

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 12, 2016, 12:05:01 PM
Quote from: Tig2 on September 12, 2016, 11:46:12 AM

Yes, waste recycling, using excess food as compost, harvesting ice crystals from rocks and soil, water tanks, showers, whole new irrigation grid. Plus everything that can go wrong with all of those. I cant promise any dates for all of this being finished though  :-X

This will be E P I C ...

Keep up the grate work.  How about now events? Duststorms. Hurricane. Metor hits?

Do solid rock perform as well as solid manmade wall in question for air tighness and pressure?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

EldVarg

Very cool mod.

Mabe we could help collect a list of mods that works with it.

Remember the biggest flaw with The Martian was there are no storms on Mars (too thin atmosphere). Even the writer admitted it.

Dubwise

Well there is dust storms on mars but the strength is like a stiff breeze, so my major dust storm weather condition doesn't damage anything but it lasts a long time and covers panels in thick dust very quickly, and anyone caught outside in the storm has a chance for getting lost and confused which could be a killer if their O2 is already low.  ;D

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: EldVarg on September 12, 2016, 12:48:58 PM
Very cool mod.

Mabe we could help collect a list of mods that works with it.

Remember the biggest flaw with The Martian was there are no storms on Mars (too thin atmosphere). Even the writer admitted it.

I seem to be running pretty well with this:

rsion="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1284</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Bulk_Meals</li>
    <li>CraftingHysteresis</li>
    <li>Recycle15</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>StorageSearch-0.15.0</li>
    <li>Mars</li>
    <li>Miniaturisation</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Nothing strange has happened yet, so good sign.

Not sure if I'll need all of those, for instance, I have not yet used:
Crafting Hysteresis (no need yet- too early)
Recycle (haven't even taken my suits off yet, lol! So really haven't worried about clothes, don't know if there will be a need)
Bulk Meals (not enough food this early in my colony, but the recipes are there, so everything looks good)

So far I have *actually used* these and they have worked:
StorageSearch
Stonecutting Tweak
Miniaturisation

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 12, 2016, 12:55:31 PM
Well there is dust storms on mars but the strength is like a stiff breeze, so my major dust storm weather condition doesn't damage anything but it lasts a long time and covers panels in thick dust very quickly, and anyone caught outside in the storm has a chance for getting lost and confused which could be a killer if their O2 is already low.  ;D

Speaking of breezy dust storms... are wind turbines enabled but behind research? Don't think I have noticed them in the menu.

Dubwise

I disabled wind turbines since there's no real wind up there