[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Vagabond on September 17, 2016, 01:22:28 PM
Dubwise56,

Just wanted to say that this is a really amazing mod, the air system adds such an interesting and deep layer to gameplay that I am actually astounded that I've never considered nor seen a suggestion for this as a modded or base-game feature. This pretty much makes Planetbase a waste of disk space on my PC now. The only thing that is missing from Rimworld that Planet Base has is a system for water gathering and use.

Very very good contribution man. Good work!

-Michael
I asked Tynan quiet some time ago (~alpha 9 or so) if we could/will get a air system as one of his prototypes HAS a air system, but he abandoned it. He said it would be too much work for the (fun/challenge) return it would give.

Tig2

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on September 17, 2016, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Vagabond on September 17, 2016, 01:22:28 PM
Dubwise56,

Just wanted to say that this is a really amazing mod, the air system adds such an interesting and deep layer to gameplay that I am actually astounded that I've never considered nor seen a suggestion for this as a modded or base-game feature. This pretty much makes Planetbase a waste of disk space on my PC now. The only thing that is missing from Rimworld that Planet Base has is a system for water gathering and use.

Very very good contribution man. Good work!

-Michael
I asked Tynan quiet some time ago (~alpha 9 or so) if we could/will get a air system as one of his prototypes HAS a air system, but he abandoned it. He said it would be too much work for the (fun/challenge) return it would give.

And to be honest its a bothersome in Classic Rimworld themed world. Raids, food, events, tribals, ect. There is so much shit to deal with and on top of that air management? Yeah understand Tynan and his decision. But Mars is focused on something different. No raids, no tibals, no bug hives. Just Man vs Hellis Red Planet.
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Dubwise

Sorry for the wait i'm working long into the night to get as many problems fixed as i can. More incidents, more systems, laying groundwork for future stuff

Tig2

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 17, 2016, 05:34:56 PM
Sorry for the wait i'm working long into the night to get as many problems fixed as i can. More incidents, more systems, laying groundwork for future stuff

Take your time, make it good. And we will love you forever for it ^^
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Dubwise

Updated to 2.1.0

Changes:
Reduced plume chance.
Smelting is researched by default.
Fixed a bug causing character creation to go blank.
Fixed a bug causing decompression damage in airlocks between pressurized rooms.
More starting materials.
Reduced dust buildup rates on solar panels during storms.
Fixed a bug preventing wind from cleaning panels and increased the cleaning rate.
Replaced animal handling with equipment cleaning work type, equipment cleaners will only clean dust off solar panels.
Added polymer building material - only from supply crates.
Added polymer floor tiles and reduced cost for aluminium and steel floor tiles.
Changed security tab to research ready for future patches.
Suppressed raid preparation alert.
Disabled toxic fallout.
Replaced conduits with hab conduit pipes for air networking and power.
Added a MOXIE experimental oxygen generator as a starting item. They cannot be built.
MOXIE outputs toxic CO so only place outside. Connect Air Outlets to the MOXIE via hab conduits to distribute the air around the hab.
Added a MOXI, capable of producing larger quantities of air than the experimental version.
EVA suits no longer auto refill when in a pressurized room.
When EVA suits reach 0% O2 the pawn seeks the nearest Air Outlet to refill.
If the pawn is is asleep the suit will wake them up at 0% O2 to seek an Air Outlet.
Right click Air Outlets to force pawn to refill.
Suits now carry 20x more O2 but it is used at a faster rate, hypoxia happens in the last few %.
Added toxicity stat to air.
Pressure now displayed in PSI
O2 now maxes out at 20% in rooms
cO2 maxes at 2%
Fires produce toxicity in the air.
Overhauled the way hypoxia hypocapnia toxicity and decompression are applied.
Pawns wearing EVA suits indoors now have space forced to 0% to make them feel cramped.
Increased radius of the water generator.
Replaced standing lamp graphic with led panel reduced usage to 25w and added 3 more tints.
Added multiple alert messages for the current state of any colonist wearing an EVA suit with tips on how to manage each situation.
New NASA mission system.
A crew is generated and prepares for a mission. Missions can be delayed.
The crews rocket launches, if successful they journey to mars and a new crew is generated to begin training for the next mission.
The Chinese CNSA go through the same process to launch supply missions.
All missions can suffer failures on route.
Added care packages with chances to spawn a range of joy items.
Added PCs.
Added flasks of coffee.
Tool crate now comes with 3 jackets.

Domkrat282

Wow, very cool update, should try today.
Are old saves compatible?
Thoughts:
1) Polymer tiles can be optimal for researching lab. I worked in sterile biological lab and special polymer floor is really useful for scientific equipment such as centrifuge.
2) Are EVA suits supposed to be hand-managed with allowed pressurised zone? I saw what pawns dont know about dangers of martian atmosphere and dying because of decompression.
3) We know what cannot wait any wildlife or pets, but what about pet robots? Robots for (for example) equipment cleaning are easy to be produced even now.
4) Possibility to produce ketchup will be good:)
Sorry for my broken English.

Dubwise

I'm going to add a driver to force pawns to seek safe air, i cant really override every driver in the game to stop them going outside automatically, i gave sand a prevent wander setting to try stop them picking outside as a spot to wander to.

I haven't decided exactly how i want to manage suits yet. What i would like is to make going out on eva feel like going out on a mission, not like walking into your driveway to empty your bin and chat to the neighbors, but like "ok boys we are gearing up for an eva make sure you have all your equipment ready and lets make it out of this one alive this time, im looking at you jeff". Meaning i would really like to avoid an airlock with auto suit switching stations. So im experimenting with ideas for some combination of systems like buttons and suit stations that make it easy to prevent them wandering outside, and at the same time simple but dangerous to get them out on eva.

Domkrat282

Played a bit and pawns tend to dying in EVA because they dont go to refill suit even when dying, they only check O2 when switching jobs.

Dubwise

Quote from: Domkrat282 on September 19, 2016, 02:05:15 PM
Played a bit and pawns tend to dying in EVA because they dont go to refill suit even when dying, they only check O2 when switching jobs.

Well i do flash alerts warning they are dying.

Zentor

Going to have to go back to your 2.0.1 version. The constant mental breaks from the constant -10 mood for being enclosed has killed too many of my colonists. And for the colonists not to auto refresh their suits just makes playing a nightmare when you are doing the colony option. It is a pain with 3 colonists to manually refresh. But with 12 it is just unplayable.

Domkrat282

Air system and Eva suits system need complete redesign, need new vision, for now it is annoying micromanagement.

Dubwise

Quote from: Domkrat282 on September 19, 2016, 05:04:52 PM
Air system and Eva suits system need complete redesign, need new vision, for now it is annoying micromanagement.
That is interesting because the EVA suits are no different to what they were a week ago, its just now instead of filling up instantly when entering a room they automatically stand at an air vent for 300 ticks to refill when they get low, and also have an option to refill manually.

If i make EVA suits even more automatic then there wont be much point in them or the air system existing in the first place. Without complicated management of your air and resources and when to go out on eva then you are basically just playing on a desert map with cold snap turned on while wearing power armor all day.

The point of the EVA suit is to allow your colonists free movement outside the hab for limited periods of time, so what i have planned will make it even harder to get them in a suit and outside. They have to be mentally stable enough to handle it and spend a long time just charging it up and putting it on.

I made sure i put lots of warning alerts showing exactly whats happening with each colonist in each EVA suit, if they fall asleep it automatically wakes them up so they go and find a air outlet, other than making the EVA suits enable god mode there isn't much more i can do to make it any easier.

I would recommend keeping most colonists indoors and only putting them in an eva suit to do very specific tasks outside like hauling some rocks or metal into airlocks for indoor colonists to carry inside for crafting, and not just having everyone walking around indoors with EVA suits on all day which is what the alert system catches and tries to warn about.

Dubwise

updated to 2.1.2

Fixed an alert message bug saying deceased
Changed o2 % for auto suit refill to 10%
Various fixes for the missions.
Reduced incident rates on all 3 storytellers.
reduced the amount of power loss from dust build up on solar panels.
added launch button back to the MAV and modified the sequence.
added beeping noises to EVA suits when O2 reaches 0%.
increased speed of the moxie and moxi.
changed some of the colonists skills in preparation for new research system.

Domkrat282

This may be interesting gameplay but game mechanics don't fit this, at least for now. Outside tasks are too common for this vision - warning alerts optimizing micromanagement but not removing it.