[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Sorry i have not been replying, the email notifications stopped working! so thanks to those of you who have been answering questions.

Toxicity comes up a lot, When i get a fire breakout inside the hab first i check how many colonists are available to fight the fire, if there is only 1 or 2 i might just quickly equip a suit and open an air vent to the outside, this rapidly extinguishes the fire by starving it of oxygen, and vents any toxic air at the same time, then i open a vent from another self contained part of my hab to equalize the air so i can get back to breathable levels quickly.

If i have several colonists available i will attempt to put it out by hand and then the way i deal with the toxicity is by spreading the air into my airlock room by flicking a vent open, then flicking an outside vent open to flush the toxic air outside then i repeat that process slowly while letting my O2 levels build back up in my hab, until the toxicity reaches a very low level.

Its a good idea to have at least 2 separately pressurized rooms so if 1 decompresses or suffers a fire you can refill it to at least 50% by opening a vent to the other room, don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

I don't want to add single items that just magically fix problems like a "Toxic air filter", the toxicity from fires is meant to make it more like a fire on an aeroplane, where you have to suit up and disperse the toxicity from the room asap.

i'm currently working on the next update which includes things like N2 and O2 storage tanks so in theory you should be able to decompress a whole room then rapidly refill it with stored N2 and O2.

Screenshot of the update so far

Slye_Fox

How about allowing the CO2 scrubber to very slowly remove toxicity.

Dubwise

Quote from: Slye_Fox on September 28, 2016, 09:59:07 PM
How about allowing the CO2 scrubber to very slowly remove toxicity.

nope, plants might in a future patch, but i'm adding that to counter the fact that all manufacturing will emit toxicity too  :P

chappelkebabistan

What is the actual purpose of the moxi, and where do you install it? if I install it inside, toxicity increases, and if I instill it outside, the air outlet only increases air quality to 20% and not beyond.

I haven't found any steel whatsoever to mine, I did unfog a couple of times, to find any steel sources. only Iron and more Iron.

Also I created a custom scenario, and when some supplies are supposed to arrive, the whole screan is a massive collection of MAV and tool supplie creates, the screen goes red and boom, error. like a nuclear reaction essentially.

If it helps I have the following mods running:
Crafting Hysteresis
DoIT
Miniaturisation
RedistHeat
RTG
Stonecutting Tweak
StoragSearch
Vegetable Garden

- Would be great if Prepare Carefully would work.
Colony Manager

yavorh

Hey, it's an amazing mod and I'm planning to try it out now, I just have two questions and one suggestion/question:
1. Vegetable garden mod - mostly asking if it is compatible as that mod adds some 'floor options' which are tilling soil and the such to make it more fertile. It's not fatal if that doesn't work in the mars mod, but I'm more curious if the vegetable garden will work AT ALL - it has a lot of great recipes and some resource-plants which can be very useful.
2. EPOE - the prosthetics mod relies a lot on plasteel - is it still available on mars?

3. Suggestion based on last point sort of - any specific to mars diseases/afflictions to be body - say like different gravity or conditions affecting the body, causing some organs to fail or need replacements. Essentially natural threats that will cause you to have to perform surgeries... because as of now the main surgeries I will want to perform is making bionic things for all my men to make them super hyper powerful :D

Zentor

Vegetable Garden works fine. Use snow beets to avoid dying during cold snaps from solar flares.

Aluminum replaces plasteel in recipes.

chappelkebabistan

even if I use a aluminium alternative, there is still some steel requirements.

is one of the mods interfering?

Slye_Fox

Quote from: chappelkebabistan on September 29, 2016, 05:17:07 AM
What is the actual purpose of the moxi, and where do you install it? if I install it inside, toxicity increases, and if I instill it outside, the air outlet only increases air quality to 20% and not beyond.
That is correct.
Air on earth is made up of ~20% Oxygen, ~78% Nitrogen & other trace gasses.

I haven't found any steel whatsoever to mine, I did unfog a couple of times, to find any steel sources. only Iron and more Iron.
Use the smelter to smelt Iron into Steel.

nerys

Yes to air tanks! the problem with toxicity is that it takes literally forever to vent and refill a room! I shove all my pawns into a reserve room but it takes such a god awful long time to refill the main hab areas.... I mean a really really really long time.

a switch to change over from eva to hab is essential. its driving me nuts. I have to forbid the eva suits or they just put them right back on again.

also get constant need warm clothes message. well if you dimwits go outside on mars the least of your concerns will be the cold (the pawns not you guys)

and that is my primary PITA. they constantly and RAPIDLY run to their doom by running outside the moment I unforbid a door to send one guy out WOOSH they all go out and die. fast :-) why would they not at the minimum realize "oh shit I am freezing and suffocating" let me run BACK through the airlock I just ran through like an idiot. :-)

and then making new rooms. oh the fun. the pressure and o2 do not drop in proportion to the new room area dug. I should be able to excavate 40% of my total hab area before o2 and pressure drop too low but it seems to murder them all if I excavate a lot less than that.

and don't get me started on my killer freezer for meals. took me a while to figure out the dub dub dub dub dead was my pawns running into my freezer that was sealed and tight but had no air vent inside so it was 0 o2 and pressure. oops :-)

but it sure is fun! very very difficult to survive. I put on god mode and just made shit my first run through just so I could learn what worked and did not and how not to murder all my critters :-)

Dubwise

Also I created a custom scenario, and when some supplies are supposed to arrive, the whole screan is a massive collection of MAV and tool supplie creates, the screen goes red and boom, error. like a nuclear reaction essentially.

If it helps I have the following mods running:
Crafting Hysteresis
DoIT
Miniaturisation
RedistHeat
RTG
Stonecutting Tweak
StoragSearch
Vegetable Garden

- Would be great if Prepare Carefully would work.
Colony Manager

the moxi creates O2 from cO2 while exhausting toxic CO, you just place an air outlet in a room connected to a moxi which is outside via conduit and it will pressurize a room and release O2. 20% O2 is max since any more than that is dangerous to humans and can ignite. The rate of airflow from a moxi is split between all of the air outlets connected to it, with a cap on the maximum flow from a single outlet, so connect at least 2 to get max flow rate, or spread them around sealed compartments evenly

Since mars isn't a Rimworld you cannot mine steel or components, there is however lots of iron on mars which you can smelt into steel with a smelter which does not require research.

You cannot create custom scenarios because the mission system changes based on the name of the scenario, i also needed to do that to make it compatible with prepare carefully which everyone seems to use. It might work if you use the exact same name as the colony mode, but make sure you add the martian atmosphere map condition or everything will break. I need to make a custom scenario part at some point to be able to specify which mission type the scenario runs instead of using the scenario name.

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on September 29, 2016, 05:29:49 AM
Hey, it's an amazing mod and I'm planning to try it out now, I just have two questions and one suggestion/question:
1. Vegetable garden mod - mostly asking if it is compatible as that mod adds some 'floor options' which are tilling soil and the such to make it more fertile. It's not fatal if that doesn't work in the mars mod, but I'm more curious if the vegetable garden will work AT ALL - it has a lot of great recipes and some resource-plants which can be very useful.
2. EPOE - the prosthetics mod relies a lot on plasteel - is it still available on mars?

3. Suggestion based on last point sort of - any specific to mars diseases/afflictions to be body - say like different gravity or conditions affecting the body, causing some organs to fail or need replacements. Essentially natural threats that will cause you to have to perform surgeries... because as of now the main surgeries I will want to perform is making bionic things for all my men to make them super hyper powerful :D

If a mod adds custom soils with their own fertility ratings then that is basically cheating since it will bypass my irrigation grid which uses my own soil types. Which means i will probably have to run a check on all non mars soil types and replace them with dead soil as soon as you build it.

I'm adding a fitness system which will require colonists to keep fit or they will suffer debilitating illnesses from the low gravity environment, also the risk of cancer is increased due to the cosmic radiation. I don't like the idea of allowing bionics in the NASA tech level, that's something i'm limiting to the higher tech levels past NASA which you get by spending a couple of years running research projects in labs and trading science points.

Dubwise

Quote from: nerys on September 29, 2016, 10:31:09 AM
Yes to air tanks! the problem with toxicity is that it takes literally forever to vent and refill a room! I shove all my pawns into a reserve room but it takes such a god awful long time to refill the main hab areas.... I mean a really really really long time.

a switch to change over from eva to hab is essential. its driving me nuts. I have to forbid the eva suits or they just put them right back on again.

also get constant need warm clothes message. well if you dimwits go outside on mars the least of your concerns will be the cold (the pawns not you guys)

and that is my primary PITA. they constantly and RAPIDLY run to their doom by running outside the moment I unforbid a door to send one guy out WOOSH they all go out and die. fast :-) why would they not at the minimum realize "oh shit I am freezing and suffocating" let me run BACK through the airlock I just ran through like an idiot. :-)

and then making new rooms. oh the fun. the pressure and o2 do not drop in proportion to the new room area dug. I should be able to excavate 40% of my total hab area before o2 and pressure drop too low but it seems to murder them all if I excavate a lot less than that.

and don't get me started on my killer freezer for meals. took me a while to figure out the dub dub dub dub dead was my pawns running into my freezer that was sealed and tight but had no air vent inside so it was 0 o2 and pressure. oops :-)

but it sure is fun! very very difficult to survive. I put on god mode and just made shit my first run through just so I could learn what worked and did not and how not to murder all my critters :-)

Yup air tanks to solve that.

Done suit recharging stations, you can just about see them in the screenshot. You set set a hab zone and an eva zone on the station and can also assign a colonist like with graves, then just right click - start EVA and the colonist will equip the suit with forced mode then change their zone, go about their business, then when its bedtime they automatically store the suit in a station before heading to bed. Since i added this system i get distracted playing my mod for hours instead of coding so i know its done the trick.

I added jackets to the tools crate.

chappelkebabistan

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 29, 2016, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: yavorh on September 29, 2016, 05:29:49 AM

If a mod adds custom soils with their own fertility ratings then that is basically cheating since it will bypass my irrigation grid which uses my own soil types. Which means i will probably have to run a check on all non mars soil types and replace them with dead soil as soon as you build it.

I'm adding a fitness system which will require colonists to keep fit or they will suffer debilitating illnesses from the low gravity environment, also the risk of cancer is increased due to the cosmic radiation. I don't like the idea of allowing bionics in the NASA tech level, that's something i'm limiting to the higher tech levels past NASA which you get by spending a couple of years running research projects in labs and trading science points.

Yes I realised about the 20%, I was wondering "why aren't they taking of their helmets and need to refuel air all the time even inside". It would great to have a rack near the pressure doors so they automatically take off their helmets. Overall great mod, love it! The first modpack I have used.

I have added some pictures, however I still can not see any smelt steel from iron, its still steel slag.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dubwise

Well it looks like you have a mod that overrides the electric smelter to add all those leafs. Make sure my mod is last in the list so my mod gets priority. I did actually plan on making a foundry to smelt metals so when i do that i could revert the electric smelter back to default then other mods which modify it will work again.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 29, 2016, 02:15:27 PMI did actually plan on making a foundry to smelt metals so when i do that i could revert the electric smelter back to default then other mods which modify it will work again.

That sounds ideal, would you separate research for those two? Or just have separate benches?

Is there mining/smelting/production of the other resources as well? I know you don't really smelt aluminum from aluminum ore, but it would be a nice gameplay feature. Which speaking of aluminum (+ the other resource which I can't seem to remember while typing, lol) is there any reason to use or save those at any point? If not, is there something planned for that purpose?