[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Sockez

I really think you need to implement a toxicity scrubber or filter or something like that because my water towers keep exploding and building my toxicity levels. and it is SOO annoying having to depressurize the room and have to remove all my dead soil and start over time after time.

Dubwise

Quote from: Mr.Sockez on November 15, 2016, 04:13:16 PM
I really think you need to implement a toxicity scrubber or filter or something like that because my water towers keep exploding and building my toxicity levels. and it is SOO annoying having to depressurize the room and have to remove all my dead soil and start over time after time.

already done for next patch

Rock5

So the only way to clear toxicity is to vent the room, kill all your plants and soil and then spend half a year restoring it? Doesn't seem right. And why does the water tower keep exploding? It's exploded already 3 times and 1 year hasn't even passed. I seem to be spending nearly all my time venting toxicity, restoring soil and planting again only to have it explode again. Is it possible to disable the explosions until you post a fix? Because I can't play it like this.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

yavorh

Quote from: Rock5 on November 17, 2016, 09:16:39 AM
So the only way to clear toxicity is to vent the room, kill all your plants and soil and then spend half a year restoring it? Doesn't seem right. And why does the water tower keep exploding? It's exploded already 3 times and 1 year hasn't even passed. I seem to be spending nearly all my time venting toxicity, restoring soil and planting again only to have it explode again. Is it possible to disable the explosions until you post a fix? Because I can't play it like this.

1. I have at all times at least TWO separate growing rooms, each with double airlocks, their own air supply or both hooked up to a double moxie , each with their own irrigation system and each with their own back up power supply.
- In case of explosion, the other grower keeps growing
- In case of moxi breakdown, the other moxi keeps working
- In case of eclipse, I wait until one set of batteries is drained and I engage the back up for another days' worth of power
- In case of short circuit, the back up power is disconnected from the main power so I don't lose it. I just flick it on.

Learn redundacy. NASA didn't land on the moon without it.

2. The explosions are a random event.

3. Toxicity will be fixed. Read about 5 posts up where the dev acknowledges that

Rock5

The issue isn't redundancy. I have plenty of food at the moment. The problem is how much time I'm spending with this one event.

I'm trying an idea I had. I've been sharing the toxicity with another room then venting that other room then waiting for the o2 to be restored before repeating. This still takes too long. How low does the toxicity need to be before it's relatively safe to take of the suite.

Another thing, moving an RTG or Air Outlet destroys the conduit or I should say placing one on a conduit destroys it. Any chance it could be fixed so the conduits pass under them like they do with all other buildings?

Just to be clear, I'm very impressed with the work you've done. Keep it up.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Yay! I did it. I put a normal door in the second roomto the outside, punched a hole between the garden and the second room, then sealed it up again. Pressure was nearly zero but the soil didn't die. Now that I have a method to deal with it I can keep playing.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EldVarg

Quote from: yavorh on November 17, 2016, 09:23:12 AM
1. I have at all times at least TWO separate growing rooms, each with double airlocks, their own air supply or both hooked up to a double moxie , each with their own irrigation system and each with their own back up power supply.
- In case of eclipse, I wait until one set of batteries is drained and I engage the back up for another days' worth of power
- In case of short circuit, the back up power is disconnected from the main power so I don't lose it. I just flick it on.

Would be cool if you could share a screenshot of that setup :).

Rock5

Is this normal? I moved all the Air Outlets out of the farm room but the pressure and O2 levels are stable. Do the plants give off enough O2 to account for this? There are no vents or normal doors leading to it except the normal door to the freezer.

Also, my Medical Kit is about to wear out. What do I do then? Can another one be made? I can't see it anywhere. Ps. I'm playing 1 colonist.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

yavorh

Quote from: EldVarg on November 17, 2016, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: yavorh on November 17, 2016, 09:23:12 AM

Would be cool if you could share a screenshot of that setup :).

I've gotten rid of the safe, but it's easy to achieve:

I have two figure 8 rooms - basically two irrigation device-radius sized rooms with no middle wall inbetween them. I leave just a little space to place at least one heater and one air outlet in each of the circles.

One air outlet and heater are connected to a moxi and power source of their own on one side, the others on the other side.

The batteries are hooked up to their private network for the gardens, but also have a switch to the primary habitat network, so that if major failure occurs in the gardens, I can have that as a back up.

The primary back up power function I use for the rest of the base is having the main battery storage and then a switch with a separate battery bunch with their own solar panels - absolutely no cables connecting to the main power grid other than a switch. This makes sure that in case of a short circuit the back up power does not get drained.

I usually throw on two moxi's on my main habitat too, but on the same network with one of them off, in case the main one breaks.

Luckily, looking at the amazing cabling changes being done to this mod in the next release - we will have a HECK of an easier and more fun time setting up all sorts of back ups, failsafes, etc. etc. in a much more elegant way.

yavorh

Quote from: Rock5 on November 17, 2016, 03:00:30 PM
Is this normal? I moved all the Air Outlets out of the farm room but the pressure and O2 levels are stable. Do the plants give off enough O2 to account for this? There are no vents or normal doors leading to it except the normal door to the freezer.

Also, my Medical Kit is about to wear out. What do I do then? Can another one be made? I can't see it anywhere. Ps. I'm playing 1 colonist.

Haven't seen it be a crafting option... I haven't played one colonist survivor, but if there are supply drops as I think there are, you can get them in the equipment packages sometimes.

timeandtherani

Does this work with every storyteller and difficulty?  I want to get the idea of the mechanics from doing a Chillax basebuilder "mini" run before I start my "real game" world.

Rock5

Quote from: yavorh on November 17, 2016, 03:11:20 PM
Haven't seen it be a crafting option... I haven't played one colonist survivor, but if there are supply drops as I think there are, you can get them in the equipment packages sometimes.
No, I just keep getting messages saying the missions are delayed. The only thing I've been getting are ship parts. I'm into my 3rd year now. Am I supposed to be getting supply drops?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

yavorh

Quote from: timeandtherani on November 17, 2016, 03:13:12 PM
Does this work with every storyteller and difficulty?  I want to get the idea of the mechanics from doing a Chillax basebuilder "mini" run before I start my "real game" world.

The difficulties do NOT apply in the same way as original, really.

The way that the different storytellers usually go is that they have a set time between good events and set time between bad, like a cooldown.

Phoebe has a wide cooldown between all events.
Cassandra has a medium, even and balanced one.
Randy gives random cooldowns between events.

Difficulty is not governed so much by the storytellers difficulty as that governs raid sizes and frequencies - those do not exist here.

I would recommend Cassandra or Phoebe - Randy would give you the chance of waaaaay too many plumes one ontop of the other and mission delays.

Elixiar

"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist