[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

yavorh

Hnnng, so good!

What if... You find rovers roaming around or as sites that get discovered/are there already, but of course you need to get enough air tank supply stuffs to be able to get an expedition to the rover and thus get the reactor?

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on December 14, 2016, 12:33:15 PM
Hnnng, so good!

What if... You find rovers roaming around or as sites that get discovered/are there already, but of course you need to get enough air tank supply stuffs to be able to get an expedition to the rover and thus get the reactor?

already working on it

Adalah217

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 14, 2016, 03:01:53 AM
Almost ready

That's probably the coolest thing I've seen for A16 yet! I had no idea it was doable to have events like the dust storm appearing on the planet! This changes everything!

Headshotkill

On another note, do you plan on changing or removing the heatwave event?
I was confused to see the temperature on Mars climb up to a comfortable 20C°.

Domkrat282

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 15, 2016, 05:26:43 AM
On another note, do you plan on changing or removing the heatwave event?
I was confused to see the temperature on Mars climb up to a comfortable 20C°.
Sometimes IRL this happens near equator, in some summer days. And more - in some good days in Mariner valley you may stay alive only with oxygen mask and pressure suit.
Sorry for my broken English.

jjjh

I have a problem with keeping my base heated. In both my games (v2.1.3 and v3.0.0) I have selected a very cold region around the north pole, where the winter temperature falls down to -120 deg. C during night.

As a result, I can barely heat bedrooms and growing room. The rest of the base is filled with air, but so cold that EVA suit must be used. I simply do not have enough Components to build Solar generators and heaters, even though I build double walls with one tile corridor around them (= three walls in total). The heat losses through roofs are too large.

The solution could be either a) more components in the beginning, or b) lowered heat loss through roofs and mountains, or c) do not make base in so cold environment :-)

yavorh

Quote from: jjjh on December 18, 2016, 06:20:47 AM
I have a problem with keeping my base heated. In both my games (v2.1.3 and v3.0.0) I have selected a very cold region around the north pole, where the winter temperature falls down to -120 deg. C during night.

As a result, I can barely heat bedrooms and growing room. The rest of the base is filled with air, but so cold that EVA suit must be used. I simply do not have enough Components to build Solar generators and heaters, even though I build double walls with one tile corridor around them (= three walls in total). The heat losses through roofs are too large.

The solution could be either a) more components in the beginning, or b) lowered heat loss through roofs and mountains, or c) do not make base in so cold environment :-)

Check your mods, like any heat-related mods. I haven't had such issues. ALSO make sure your freezer isn't attached with a wall directly to your inner rooms, that messed me up good.. I generally kept my freezer on the outside of my base with a non-heated hallway around it. Then for heating of my dorms for example, i had every six be attached to a single hallway with centrally heating and air supply, usually 2 heaters and 2-4 outlets (depending if there were sick people who were always in bed, thus more O2 drain). Around those rooms i had a hallway, sealed off with airlocks. I would stack that dorm config one next to the other aaaand it worked pretty fine...

BTW @ dubwise. Will the sciency stuff from this vid for example come into play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s9UXXAmlTg

Meaning, we need the poop from the sewage to make up for the lack of correct soil nutriens, but ONLY after treating it proper (like letting it out to dry in the coldness of mars.... Say in a specially made equipment in order to automate the process as a task or something of the sort). Also needing water to do the soil treatment in order to wash out the bad parts of martian soil. It would really add one and a half steps to the soil process (adding a water pipe to soil making and collecting sewage and throwing it into another device... or straight up making it so that the sewage device has to be outside and in results poops out (ha) refined poop which can then be used.)

Dubwise

The nuclear reactor outputs rather large amounts of heat  :P

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on December 18, 2016, 09:13:55 AM
Meaning, we need the poop from the sewage to make up for the lack of correct soil nutriens, but ONLY after treating it proper (like letting it out to dry in the coldness of mars.... Say in a specially made equipment in order to automate the process as a task or something of the sort). Also needing water to do the soil treatment in order to wash out the bad parts of martian soil. It would really add one and a half steps to the soil process (adding a water pipe to soil making and collecting sewage and throwing it into another device... or straight up making it so that the sewage device has to be outside and in results poops out (ha) refined poop which can then be used.)

Ya i planned on expanding the sewage system and botany to work together, i just threw in a basic version for that v3 preview, and what i read was that the sand has enough minerals but you have to clean out the perchlorates and mix it with the right organic material then it should work, and i want the research to decide how well you can grow and what you can grow, so i'll make a cleaning machine, compost drums that kinda stuff, going to need a lot more ration packs at the start, maybe some starting compost packs you can mix up to get you started.

Lots of very late nights messing around with A16 stuff /yawn

jjjh

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 18, 2016, 01:55:13 PM

Should I get the RTG every time?

I did not get it in my current playthrough, I thought that was intended by the author. But after experimenting, it seems that loading first EdB Prepare Carefully and then Mars v3 results into no Curiosity ...

Nine Solar generators are barely sufficient to run basic stuff and I spent a lot of Components on them ... that would explain my problems with not having Components to heat the rest of the base.

EldVarg

even though I build double walls with one tile corridor around them (= three walls in total).

Unfortunately, at least in normal a15, double walls are not better than single walls.

Dubwise

Quote from: jjjh on December 18, 2016, 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on December 18, 2016, 01:55:13 PM
Should I get the RTG every time?

the small RTG from curiosity is random, if you're still playing v2 then power is an issue but im actually talking about the LMFR that you can research in the v3 preview, with 8 rads attached and all indoors it kept a very large base somewhere around 50c

Headshotkill

I actually got around building a sanitary installation but my colonists won't use it, requires plumbing it tells me.

I got a closed loop of all the sanitary parts with a MIST machine all powered, I'm using sewage pipes, is there anything I forgot?

Dubwise

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 19, 2016, 10:43:53 AM
I actually got around building a sanitary installation but my colonists won't use it, requires plumbing it tells me.

I got a closed loop of all the sanitary parts with a MIST machine all powered, I'm using sewage pipes, is there anything I forgot?

need to pipe water into the mist and let it fill up with a buffer