[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 02, 2017, 01:19:13 PM
Sidenote: How about making the storage inside the lander a lower priority than the other storages? I really don't want to send it back home full with water. Or maybe some "only output" button for H2O, O2 etc.?

i want to add a pump mode to the tank comp so you can drain 1 tank to another, the ship will inherit that. Until then you can use valves and isolate a mispp to the ship to glug its water tank, and then just switch off the water valve

Dubwise

well i went with methane fuel because thats what musk is using, the moxie/ags o2 production is converting atmospheric co2, and the mispp already converts water to o2 in large amounts so i figured there wasn't much point making another device just to do that because why waste water on just o2 when its a finite resource and you need lots of methane

ganlhi

Hey! Just discovered this mod: wonderful!

Just a quick question: I'm out of components pretty fast. None of my pawns have enough "skilled work" to build ones. Am I screwed?

Dubwise

Quote from: ganlhi on January 02, 2017, 03:42:42 PM
Hey! Just discovered this mod: wonderful!

Just a quick question: I'm out of components pretty fast. None of my pawns have enough "skilled work" to build ones. Am I screwed?

open up the mars tab on the menu and have a look at the schedule for your fleet of ships, you might be able to make do until the next ship arrives, while ships are preparing you can go to their cargo tab and click the crates to change the contents so you can pick a bunch of materials crates if you think you will struggle for components

theowningone

Still trying to get MISPP to work and not having any luck. (Screenshots here on imgur as they're too large to be attached)

• The MISPP never fills it's buffers when connected to ground storage, but will fill it's H20 buffer to max when connected to the ILAV from the ILAV stores.
  • MISPP lights always stay red.
  • When the ILAV is set to fuel, the MISPP will slowly create LO2 using the oxygen stores from the ILAV, but not the ground storage.
  • The MISPP never produces LCH4.

Let me know if you need more info, or if I'm doing something dumb.

Dubwise

Quote from: theowningone on January 02, 2017, 06:43:33 PM
Still trying to get MISPP to work and not having any luck. (Screenshots here on imgur as they're too large to be attached)

• The MISPP never fills it's buffers when connected to ground storage, but will fill it's H20 buffer to max when connected to the ILAV from the ILAV stores.
  • MISPP lights always stay red.
  • When the ILAV is set to fuel, the MISPP will slowly create LO2 using the oxygen stores from the ILAV, but not the ground storage.
  • The MISPP never produces LCH4.

Let me know if you need more info, or if I'm doing something dumb.

ok i don't think you're doing anything wrong there must be a problem with my buffer checks, and yikes that's a lot of buildings i usually test with like 2 or 3 of each tops.

ganlhi

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 02, 2017, 03:56:39 PM
open up the mars tab on the menu and have a look at the schedule for your fleet of ships, you might be able to make do until the next ship arrives, while ships are preparing you can go to their cargo tab and click the crates to change the contents so you can pick a bunch of materials crates if you think you will struggle for components

Yes I saw that, but I'm out of components after only a few days! I only built 2 solar panels, a machine to get water from atmosphere, an hydro pump for my potatoes, a smelter to get steel, two heaters and a cooler, and a soil making bench...

Lerin

Find on map curiosity and deconstruct it, extra 20 components

ganlhi

I found another one, not Curiosity. Opportunity maybe? It gave me only 2 components if I remember correctly.

popster99

having same problem of MISPP not working same problem as theowningone

Dubwise

ok i figured out why the mispp wasn't pumping, i had the bloody water grid and gas grid gets the wrong way round  :o

i'll zip up a patch soon after i check a couple more things

popster99

still waiting for a patch on steam

vivafuerte

I really like the mod.
Sadly I've alo run in the buffer bug that leads the fuel cell to not create liquid methane, overall three of the gases don't seem to work with certain tanks.

lacrimi512

Hey, I have a question, i saw the Curiosity and a Monolith on my map. You have plans with those thing? It will be funny to explore, i dunno, some artefacts or some abandone building on Mars.

vivafuerte

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 03, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
Hey, I have a question, i saw the Curiosity and a Monolith on my map. You have plans with those thing? It will be funny to explore, i dunno, some artefacts or some abandone building on Mars.
You can dismantle Curiosity but yeah it'd be awesome to use it for caravans, no clue what the monolith is for
but sometimes you can find RTGs that produce 1000 watt 24/7 near curiosity