[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

dannyepsin

Quote from: Cala13er on April 13, 2014, 04:57:03 AM
Quote from: dannyepsin on April 13, 2014, 04:50:15 AM
also how are u planing on improving the conveyro belt system, its quite dodgy at the moment

Right! Me and Azanor worked on making a system where it would sense conveyor belts around it and adjust to what it's found. For example, if you have a conveyor belt that leads into a junction the junction centre conveyor belt will automatically change into a t-junction!

If this doesn't work, then we will just add different types of conveyor belts.

AWESOME!!!! cant wait

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

iame6162013

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 13, 2014, 06:14:44 AM
Automation!!!!!!!!!!!

wait so if we do it correctly we only need one colonist... Woot
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 13, 2014, 06:34:15 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 13, 2014, 06:14:44 AM
Automation!!!!!!!!!!!

wait so if we do it correctly we only need one colonist... Woot
hahaha... lol
Well not exactly, you still need colonist for defenses

Cala13er

Hahaha! I was thinking on removing automation (Conveyor belts and auto miners). But not sure on the idea, It would remove the fun in industrial RIM :(

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Cala13er on April 13, 2014, 06:41:33 AM
Hahaha! I was thinking on removing automation (Conveyor belts and auto miners). But not sure on the idea, It would remove the fun in industrial RIM :(
Well to balance it out, why not let colonist build an underground mine.
It's simple, you just need to make an entrance to an underground mine
and colonist will go in and disappear and appear again out of the entrance carrying metal, again sorry for my bad english.

EightBitRanger

also how are u planing on improving the conveyro belt system, its quite dodgy at the moment

Okay its not just me then.

Is there some kind of readme/faq/help file at all? Or are we just left to figure this stuff out by trial and error?

Cala13er

Quote from: EightBitRanger on April 13, 2014, 06:58:24 AM

Is there some kind of readme/faq/help file at all? Or are we just left to figure this stuff out by trial and error?

I'm going to put up a tutorial video later today, explaining how to use everything in the mod!

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on April 13, 2014, 07:00:00 AM
Quote from: EightBitRanger on April 13, 2014, 06:58:24 AM

I'm going to put up a tutorial video later today, explaining how to use everything in the mod!

Woot :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

dezgard

Your mod reminds me  a lot of "Factorio" in fact the models you use are almost identical.

Great game!

:P
=======================
Walking tall, So tall I fear I may fall
=======================

Cala13er

Quote from: dezgard on April 13, 2014, 07:45:18 AM
Your mod reminds me  a lot of "Factorio" in fact the models you use are almost identical.

Great game!

That's the sort of feeling I'm going for! I'm slowly converting RimWorld to Factorio ;)

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: dezgard on April 13, 2014, 07:45:18 AM

Great game!

Yeah, he's currenty trying to mix Factorio, IndustrialCraft/Buildcraft, and Rimworld all together :D

dezgard

=======================
Walking tall, So tall I fear I may fall
=======================

iame6162013

Celthric Aysen