[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 27, 2014, 11:07:18 AM
Actually why don't (is coal becomes a bigger part) give it some downsides?
Maybe some 'bugs' dislike the possible pollution it gives ;)
(inspired by Factorio)

Coal use is going to be dirty, waste and pollution are both planned parts

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 27, 2014, 11:44:31 AM
Quote from: iame6162013 on May 27, 2014, 11:07:18 AM
Actually why don't (is coal becomes a bigger part) give it some downsides?
Maybe some 'bugs' dislike the possible pollution it gives ;)
(inspired by Factorio)

Coal use is going to be dirty, waste and pollution are both planned parts
ok
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Cala13er

Quote from: spatula on May 26, 2014, 11:16:13 PM
Only thing i'd say regarding coal as a heavy starting point (I voted yes for the record) is that it takes away from the typical solar problem of "no power at night", so there's gotta be a big "cost" to making it cheaper and easier to set up.

This might be a long-stretch, but what if there had to be someone MANNING the initial coal plants (until AI/Automated Power is researched), it would create new sets of problems.

Or at the very least, if it generated unhappiness to nearby colonists or damage over time, it might emulate the RL dangers of being a coal miner.

Having coal plants manned really changed the balance of things. Making coal your only power source early on already makes the game more of a challenge, having people manually mantle coal plants or burners etc... really made the game a struggle, even on Phoebe.

Celthric Aysen

No kidding -_-
don't make it too easy, don't make it too hard that's my suggestion on how you should balance the game out :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 28, 2014, 03:09:00 AM
No kidding -_-
don't make it too easy, don't make it too hard that's my suggestion on how you should balance the game out :P

And that's how I plan on doing it :). I've removed the legendary difficulty that came mandatory with industrial rim v1.1.2

alonerhapsody

Cala13er

Quote from: alonerhapsody on May 29, 2014, 12:52:24 PM
Hello! You intend to create copper mines?

I do. :)

Edit : I'm also making it harder to get, seeing as you could get 2000 copper and be fine the whole game.

alonerhapsody

Cala13er

alonerhapsody

bloody hell! your support for the community and your vision for the future of your mod is really to admire.

Cala13er

Quote from: alonerhapsody on May 29, 2014, 01:29:23 PM
bloody hell! your support for the community and your vision for the future of your mod is really to admire.

Thanks! That means a lot! :)

CounterFact

This mod add so much to the game. I was kind of bored afther 1 run on vanilla, then I downloaded this... and I'm on my 4th run now and not even close to getting bored of it.

I do got a question though. What is "carbon" exactly?
I know it's just a game, but if you want it to be more realistic you could make the chains: "wood => charcoal" + "iron ore" => "metal" and/or "coal => cokes" + "iron ore" => "metal"
Also a converyor belt "combiner" would be nice, it would literaly combine 2 conveyor belts so you don't need 2 parallel belts going to the same thing.
Some other ideas regarding the industrial theme:
   -Foodsilos and other recource silos (or crates/boxes)
   -Automatic meal cooking system
   -Reinforced titanium doors
   -heavy duty spotlights (basicly directional lighting of some sort)
   -Crematorium (for dead body disposal)
   -Titanium defencive sturctures/walls (an upgrade for the sandbags)

Cala13er

Quote from: CounterFact on June 01, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
This mod add so much to the game. I was kind of bored afther 1 run on vanilla, then I downloaded this... and I'm on my 4th run now and not even close to getting bored of it.

I do got a question though. What is "carbon" exactly?
I know it's just a game, but if you want it to be more realistic you could make the chains: "wood => charcoal" + "iron ore" => "metal" and/or "coal => cokes" + "iron ore" => "metal"
Also a converyor belt "combiner" would be nice, it would literaly combine 2 conveyor belts so you don't need 2 parallel belts going to the same thing.
Some other ideas regarding the industrial theme:
   -Foodsilos and other recource silos (or crates/boxes)
   -Automatic meal cooking system
   -Reinforced titanium doors
   -heavy duty spotlights (basicly directional lighting of some sort)
   -Crematorium (for dead body disposal)
   -Titanium defencive sturctures/walls (an upgrade for the sandbags)

1. Carbon has been removed for v1.2.0.
2. I like your idea there, I will look into it :)
3. Food silos are on my to do list, but not right now, as are crates and boxes :)
4. Automatic meal cooking system. I like it! It's straight on the near top of my to-do list.
5. Reinforced Titanium Doors is a no go, Titanium has been removed for v1.2.0
6. I like the idea of heavy duty spotlights, but making it only light up in 1 direction is harder than you'd think
7. Crematorium's are a no from me :) sorry.
8. Again Titanium stuff is a no-go, as Titanium has been removed in v1.2.0

CounterFact

I expected the lighting thing might not be that easy. As for the titanium ideas, regular metal could do the trick also, it's mainly the stronger doors and cover I wanted. As for the body disposal, I'll guess I'll have to keep torching those bodypiles with molotovs and frags then...