[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

mrofa

Make chemicals from some minerals and plants.
Put chemicals and bio matter (food and bodies) in big ass compressor-heater like thingy.
And get coal from that, maybe some extra silver.

Thats my suggestion ;p
All i do is clutter all around.

Cala13er

Quote from: CounterFact on June 01, 2014, 11:08:55 AM
I expected the lighting thing might not be that easy. As for the titanium ideas, regular metal could do the trick also, it's mainly the stronger doors and cover I wanted. As for the body disposal, I'll guess I'll have to keep torching those bodypiles with molotovs and frags then...

I am planning other methods for more reinforced security and I'm even working on new security methods. However probably not for v1.2.0.

I will add ways to dispose of bodies over time.

Cala13er

Quote from: mrofa on June 01, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Make chemicals from some minerals and plants.
Put chemicals and bio matter (food and bodies) in big ass compressor-heater like thingy.
And get coal from that, maybe some extra silver.

Thats my suggestion ;p

I'm not really knowledgeable about chemicals so I would need help on making that realistic. And you can make coal and silver from food and bodies? I honestly want to keep realism.

mrofa

Well what do you think coal is made from, from bodies of animals and plants, and possibly humans if they did live that early :P
Chemical is just a chemical to make thing work a bit faster, and compressor_heathing thing is just a few milion years of heat and compression under tectonic plates in your room :D

CounterFact

Unless they have a titanium hip replacement, it's unlikely you'll get any sort of metal from dead bodies. As for coal, only 20% of the human body consists of carbon, so you are not wrong, but is 15 kilos of coal worth it? :p

mrofa

If this means that you holo plasma quantum tv wont work without coal then yes it is worth it:D

Celthric Aysen

Just to not i would like to say that you can make charcoal from burning trees and since there are now trees in the game so.... yeah nuff said :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

CounterFact

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on June 01, 2014, 11:54:44 PM
Just to not i would like to say that you can make charcoal from burning trees and since there are now trees in the game so.... yeah nuff said :)
That's good, now charcoal can be used for making steel. Using coal straight from the mines would give very very poor quality steel in reality. (Although it's just a game, and to most people using coal to make steel would make sense)
The steel industry caused mass deforrestation in some places.

Cala13er

Quote from: CounterFact on June 02, 2014, 01:43:39 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on June 01, 2014, 11:54:44 PM
That's good, now charcoal can be used for making steel. Using coal straight from the mines would give very very poor quality steel in reality. (Although it's just a game, and to most people using coal to make steel would make sense)
The steel industry caused mass deforrestation in some places.

Coal is already really easy to acquire in v1.2.0. Making Charcoal completely un-worthy. I would have to make charcoal a better purpose to coal however that's not realistic.

AndyA7

Any idea for when the Alpha 4 version (1.1.2?) is ready? Love your mod!

Cala13er

Quote from: AndyA7 on June 02, 2014, 01:18:42 PM

It'll be a while, I've encountered a mod breaking error meaning my mod is completely unplayable. Until that is fixed, it's a no go.

Cala13er

Quote from: Cala13er on June 02, 2014, 01:26:51 PM
Quote from: AndyA7 on June 02, 2014, 01:18:42 PM

It'll be a while, I've encountered a mod breaking error meaning my mod is completely unplayable. Until that is fixed, it's a no go.

Okay, scrap that. I found a way around it :)

bibel

can you update that mod to alpha 4 it one of the best :)

Cala13er

Quote from: bibel on June 05, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

I will eventually :) I'm rolling quite a big update. Prepare to completely re-learn industrial RIM. Completely changed it (gameplay wise). Hopefully I won't need to completely change it again.

CounterFact

Quote from: Cala13er on June 05, 2014, 04:11:23 PM
Quote from: bibel on June 05, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

I will eventually :) I'm rolling quite a big update. Prepare to completely re-learn industrial RIM. Completely changed it (gameplay wise). Hopefully I won't need to completely change it again.

Sounds great, when can we expect the new big RIM update + alpha 4 update?
I'm currently 450 days in on my current colony and have been postponing starting a new one for the update. :p