[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Well progress just got a whole lot slower. Our texture artist has left. So shoot.

CounterFact

Quote from: Cala13er on June 06, 2014, 01:09:53 PM
Well progress just got a whole lot slower. Our texture artist has left. So shoot.
Well, is it hard to be a texture artist? :)
I'd like to help if I can.

Cala13er

Quote from: CounterFact on June 06, 2014, 03:49:05 PM
Quote from: Cala13er on June 06, 2014, 01:09:53 PM
Well, is it hard to be a texture artist? :)
I'd like to help if I can.

Well it depends if you're good at making textures? If you can somewhat create a nice texture I would be more than happy to welcome you to the team.

superpirson

hi! I am usually a coder and not too experienced in doing textures, but I could probably help. what do you need done?
edit- CounterFact, have you ever used an art program like GIMP or Photoshop? I would be willing to help you if not. Other than that, being a texture artist is pretty strait forward, it just involves a lot of practice and feedback.
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

CounterFact

Unless MS Paint counts as an art program I haven't.  ;D
If the textures are meant to act as buildings I thought that I'd be able to turn 3D models into building textures someway.

Here's somthing I made quickly to illustrate my point.

Al I need to do is find a way to make it more 'cartoony' and maybe take a render from the top rather than this perspective.

Cala13er

Quote from: superpirson on June 06, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
hi! I am usually a coder and not too experienced in doing textures, but I could probably help. what do you need done?
edit- CounterFact, have you ever used an art program like GIMP or Photoshop? I would be willing to help you if not. Other than that, being a texture artist is pretty strait forward, it just involves a lot of practice and feedback.

Well, I'm looking for both coders and people who can do textures. Any chance you want to join my team?

Cala13er

Quote from: CounterFact on June 07, 2014, 04:36:21 AM
Unless MS Paint counts as an art program I haven't.  ;D
If the textures are meant to act as buildings I thought that I'd be able to turn 3D models into building textures someway.

Here's somthing I made quickly to illustrate my point.

Al I need to do is find a way to make it more 'cartoony' and maybe take a render from the top rather than this perspective.

Wow that is amazing!! If I ever come round to modding a 3d game, make sure I contact you :P.

Also, this is the texture for the Hydro Power Plant in v1.2.0 (A HUGE improvement for the current ones). Could you make stuff like this? If yes, would you like to join my mod team aswell?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

CounterFact

I added some colour and rendered differently, it came out quite nice I think.

If you give me some specific things you need I could give those a shot too, to see if it works out.

Cala13er

Just added it into RimWorld, darkened the base a little and it actually looks alright!!!

What do you think yourself?

CounterFact

You did a really nice job of getting it into the game like that!

It's always hard to judge my own work. :P
But it looks alright for a first try.

Morrigi

Quote from: Cala13er on June 07, 2014, 07:15:30 AM
[snip]
For an independent opinion, I think it's a bit garish. Might want to make it a little more subdued.

Cala13er

Quote from: Morrigi on June 07, 2014, 07:44:34 AM
[snip]
For an independent opinion, I think it's a bit garish. Might want to make it a little more subdued.

I agree, But I'm not at all good at that.

CounterFact

Quote from: Morrigi on June 07, 2014, 07:44:34 AM
[snip]
I agree too. Getting the colour palette just right is the hardest part of textures.

CounterFact

On a different note, I just 'finished' this colony. Because of the cleanuptime afther raids and the inefficiency of my colony, expanding goes very very slowly to the point where I can't get anything done.
Anyway, I just wanted to share this here, to show how awesome the game with this mod can be.

mrofa

Its industrial so try
grayblue (code:646e7b numbers: R:110 G:110 B:123)
grayorange (code:776f5c numbers: R:119 G:111 B:92)

Or something in that range :P
All i do is clutter all around.