[1.5] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

There is no incompatibility between RWP and WorkTab. Please delete those mods, reinstall the latest version, load WorkTab after RWP (just in case), restart your client and make a new save. You haven't done at least one of those things, my guess is you didn't make a new save.

neobikes

ok i did what you asked me. And i apologise
Its not your mod doing that. must be something other.

... i removed your mod entirely, made new save and still... this bug happens. i am trying like 15 mods now and looking for guilty mod.

sry again was too fast to celebrate finding

civilwargeeky

Hello! I use your mod "hand me that brick" and I think it is wonderful. One issue I have had though: could you put the priority for hauling to building stockpiles below that of normal hauling? It get's somewhat annoying when my crops are rotting in the field as haulers are moving logs into buildings on the other side of the map.

At the least could you make this a mod config option? As of now I'm just toggling HMTB whenever I need things to be hauled.

Thanks!

Dingo

No. General hauling is bottom of the priority list for a reason even in vanilla. You can install RWP and they will haul rottables/deterioratables before HMTB hauling.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: civilwargeeky on January 13, 2017, 12:19:26 AM
Hello! I use your mod "hand me that brick" and I think it is wonderful. One issue I have had though: could you put the priority for hauling to building stockpiles below that of normal hauling? It get's somewhat annoying when my crops are rotting in the field as haulers are moving logs into buildings on the other side of the map.

At the least could you make this a mod config option? As of now I'm just toggling HMTB whenever I need things to be hauled.

Thanks!

You could instead make a zone called 'harvest' (or any old name), have the zone include both your fields and the desired stockpiles for your crops. Then just assign any haulers to those zones. They will haul your crops quickly and with only a possible nap on the ground if you aren't paying attention to them ;)

civilwargeeky

Quote from: Dingo on January 13, 2017, 04:06:04 PM
No. General hauling is bottom of the priority list for a reason even in vanilla. You can install RWP and they will haul rottables/deterioratables before HMTB hauling.
Hey, so I wanted to play Rimworld again today and checked on this thread, and as you don't want to add my suggestion to your mod, I decided I would add it myself. I quickly discovered that changing the priority is a simple matter of editing WorkGivers.xml, so that's solved easily.

However, I also did want a toggle button if I was going to share this with anyone, but I don't appear able to simply change the priorityInType from the code. Do you know if there's like a list I need to update somewhere or something? Its not really necessary to have toggle work, but I figured I'd ask you anyway, as you're more knowledgeable than I in this stuff.

Dingo

I'm not sure, and changing those values post-commit (after they are loaded initially) can lead to errors or bugs. That is part of the reason I didn't bother with it.

Fluffy (l2032)

@civilwargeeky; you'd need to update all pawns priority caches.

gendalf

pls add a way to turn off repair I only need the Hauling part of refactored work priorities (and I don't want to start a new save)

Dingo

Then delete the appropriate XML and defs. The source code is available (even though all you need is to modify XML, source code is unnecessary).

gendalf

Do you mean deletion of WorkTypes.xml and this text in WorkGivers.xml?:
<!-- ============= Repair (Re-added this WorkType from previous alphas) ============= -->

-<WorkGiverDef>

<defName>FixBrokenDownBuilding</defName>

<label>fix broken-down buildings</label>

<giverClass>WorkGiver_FixBrokenDownBuilding</giverClass>

<workType>Repair</workType>

<priorityInType>100</priorityInType>

<verb>replace broken components in</verb>

<gerund>replacing broken components in</gerund>

-<requiredCapacities>

<li>Manipulation</li>

</requiredCapacities>

<prioritizeSustains>true</prioritizeSustains>

</WorkGiverDef>

-<WorkGiverDef>

<defName>Repair</defName>

<label>repair damaged things</label>

<giverClass>RWP.WorkGiver_RepairCustom</giverClass>

<workType>Repair</workType>

<priorityInType>50</priorityInType>

<verb>repair</verb>

<gerund>repairing</gerund>

-<requiredCapacities>

<li>Manipulation</li>

</requiredCapacities>

<canBeDoneByNonColonists>true</canBeDoneByNonColonists>

</WorkGiverDef>

Dingo

gendalf

refactored work priorities
Make hauling of beer wort to barrels as a higher priority, it spoils in 4 days unfrozen, while the beer never spoils, so there's 0 reazon to store it - just haul it to the barrels.

also it adds another line of hauling text to the context menu, even though there's an existing translated version, so now it's like:
1) haul that egg (eng)
2) haul that egg

Dingo

Hand Me That Brick updated with Korean & Russian translations (thanks to like7900 and kors, added to credits list). No change to the core mod.

Also, I've been getting reports about Grenade Fix: Rearmed having a NullReferenceException that I cannot reproduce. I'm not actively playing at the moment, so this might be a mod conflict.. If someone on the forums has this issue as well I could use some help.

Dr_Zhivago

Getting an error log with "Nanotrasen's Armory - Serious Version"

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GrenadeFixRearmed.GrenadeFixRearmed.InjectDefs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()