[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Fucking hell man............. I'm sure my colonists are gonna piss themselves when these hop out at them!
Claims to know most things.

Matnjord

As someone who has to play very often with the sound off would you be so nice as to add a notifications for their arrival?

jecrell

Quote from: Matnjord on September 26, 2016, 06:41:09 AM
As someone who has to play very often with the sound off would you be so nice as to add a notifications for their arrival?

The entire reason why I programmed it that way -- took me 4 days to figure things out -- was to not have notifications. It is a surprise with a slight hint. The game is also AWFUL about notifications. If I let it have a notification, it will immediately let you click it and go to exactly where the monsters are at with a big fat arrow of doom. It's also probably another full day of programming to get that setup correctly and debugged, which I'd rather spend developing other things. Terribly sorry. @__@

Quote from: Mr.Cross on September 25, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
Fucking hell man............. I'm sure my colonists are gonna piss themselves when these hop out at them!

Now onto more stuff! I'm starting to get distracted with possibilities. I just almost started on a Hound of Tindalos event and then I was like -- wait I should save that for an event pack.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Mr.Cross

Ooooo. This event pack, i can't wait to see what will go into it XD.
Claims to know most things.

jecrell

Dark Young WIP.

Some items being made for the Industrial pack, pending a rename for the Industrial Pack. Perhaps 'Arkham Estate'?

Candelabra and Chandelier WIP -- Chandeliers have custom code requiring a roof.

res34

So what will your Hounds of Tindalos look like? I know a lot of people depict them as dog-like, misconstruing what the hound part of the name means (it refers to hounding, not the animal). Also, will you consider adding relics based on parts of the Mythos, or perhaps even weapons from the various Cthulhu games, like Dark Corners of the Earth?

nguadien

Hell yeah this made me pissed my pants.

Damn as a fan of H.P Lovecraft I could not express my excitement enough

Matnjord

Quote from: jecrell on September 27, 2016, 07:36:21 AM

The entire reason why I programmed it that way -- took me 4 days to figure things out -- was to not have notifications. It is a surprise with a slight hint. The game is also AWFUL about notifications. If I let it have a notification, it will immediately let you click it and go to exactly where the monsters are at with a big fat arrow of doom. It's also probably another full day of programming to get that setup correctly and debugged, which I'd rather spend developing other things. Terribly sorry. @__@

Fine, I'll go and dust up my headphones (hum... Lovecraftian laughter through headphones... now that's going to make me piss my pants)

jecrell

Quote from: Matnjord on September 29, 2016, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: jecrell on September 27, 2016, 07:36:21 AM

Fine, I'll go and dust up my headphones (hum... Lovecraftian laughter through headphones... now that's going to make me piss my pants)

It's alright. I went on a rant, but I changed it a bit anyway. There's a slight notification now, because some people said the mod stopped being fun because the Star Vampires were way too unpredictable. This slight change should help.

jecrell

1.3 Released

• Dark Young Monster
  • Dark Young Herd Incident
  • Greater Deep One Monster
  • Monster Life Stages [Spawn, Fully-Formed, Ancient, Eldritch]
  • Proper Ages
  • Insanity Rebalance (Positive initial and minor, negative with further insanity)
  • Star Vampire Rebalance (Higher difficulty)
  • Observed Cosmic Horror thoughts (with stacking negative effects)
  • Observed Cosmic Horror sanity loss (varies on different monsters observed)

Cervarian

Gotta say, I have been loving this mod so far. Thank you for all the work you've been doing on it.

Nothing like having a poison ship crash by your colony while being raided by 15+ tribals and then - while Mechanoids and the aforementioned Tribals are fighting, having a swarm of Mi-Go come flying in to break up the party.

I also learned right-quick the dangers of absentmindedly letting your animal handlers train timber wolves with "Strange Meat".

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

jecrell

Quote from: Cervarian on October 03, 2016, 07:18:02 PM
Gotta say, I have been loving this mod so far. Thank you for all the work you've been doing on it.

Nothing like having a poison ship crash by your colony while being raided by 15+ tribals and then - while Mechanoids and the aforementioned Tribals are fighting, having a swarm of Mi-Go come flying in to break up the party.

I also learned right-quick the dangers of absentmindedly letting your animal handlers train timber wolves with "Strange Meat".

I'm glad you're enjoying it. The MiGo's next upgrade will include giving them some weapons and armor worthy of their space civilization, rather than having them just swarm like bugs as it is currently.

Also, I'm really looking for feedback on balance and looking to make it a bit tougher to face off against the cosmic horrors and have it scale for players.

Kirid

Hoppers do not accept your meat.
The hoppers for my nutrient paste dispenser are currently set to accept shoggoth meat (and any other strange or normal meats), and I have stacks of filleted shoggoth in my freeezer, yet noone fills the hoppers with it; when manually instructing a colonist to haul it, the only option is to consume.
Can you fix this in any way?
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

jecrell

Quote from: Kirid on October 03, 2016, 08:35:10 PM
Hoppers do not accept your meat.
The hoppers for my nutrient paste dispenser are currently set to accept shoggoth meat (and any other strange or normal meats), and I have stacks of filleted shoggoth in my freeezer, yet noone fills the hoppers with it; when manually instructing a colonist to haul it, the only option is to consume.
Can you fix this in any way?

I'll check out the code when I get home and let you know. Thanks for the feedback.
You can burn the meat in a campfire, just the same as disposing drugs, for now.

jecrell

I discovered the problem. It's in how the game defines how meats are generatored.

Even though I have set up custom meat products that are butchered from the cosmic horrors, the game creates its own meat because they are not classified as humans or mechanoids.

I have to write a detour in C# to make it so that it doesn't generate confusing meat definitions, and I have to make another hopper that uses our strange meat classes.

I'll have something ready soon.