[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benis

Wow, that was fast! And pretty great, thanks. I'll post a pic if I manage to get a sizable den/murder going.

jecrell

Arachnophobia Update

v1.17.1.14
8/30/17
-Spiders no longer have their webs stun colonists.

EPOE & A Dog Said Patches

8/30/17
V1.17.0.0
Now Available

https://www.patreon.com/posts/14107245
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

DrKaine

Quote from: jecrell on August 29, 2017, 12:08:25 PM
Sweet baby Cthulhu, Jecrell! You have *no idea* how excited I am for bionic spiders. Is it intentional that we can't modify a spider's "second middle" legs?
Edit: On the topic of spider legs, a giant spider with 6 bionic legs moves at 14 c/s. Which is almost three times faster than a baseline human. Nyoooooom.

Techgenius

Why not take a few examples from other games and lore? like injecting someone with vampire blood and if that person happens to die. They reborn as a vampire. Gotta love the lore they constructed for vampire masquerade bloodlines. I'd be quite upset if I can't live off animals too, sure. Human blood is that good wine a vampire craves and wants, but vamps are crafty. Corpses, Blood Packs, Slaves/Prisioners, Ghouls (brainwashed human minions) your usual human cattle and animals, specially pigs and rats, It would be awesome if the Bloodlust replaced the hunger bar, some vampires can neglect feeding but they are weaker and can frenzy (when the Beast takes over) which is a good system to implement taking into consideration rimworld mental states, for instance... if a Kind, good pawn becomes a vampire, perhaps they should get huge bad moods for drinking human blood as they consider it (innocent), psycopaths, cannibals, bloodlust, nightowls all getting these massive bonuses when becoming a vampire.

Something I'd truly enjoy to see the vampires set apart from werewolves would be a Blood Magic ability system. Gaining a few high-level Force-like spells, thaumaturgy, blood magic, necromancy. Infact I think the Vampires should get a Force-like level up system where they may get new abilities and powers, but instead of doing normal stuff. They need to feed, stay well feed, and sometimes even kill to gain power. Drain dry, rip jugular, mesmerize, take a sip can be commands a powerful vampire may use to control pawns, drawbacks come with failure in Bloodlust cost, using spells, abilities and command should drain blood levels from the vampire.
From what I've seen in the pre-release version (nice torture devices by the way, a friend of mine was looking for a Brazen bull and Inquisitor Mask, thats way too evil), necromancy is definitely a possibility, turning dead skeletal pawns into skeletons, hell.. even zombies (there are resources for that!), tranining them as animals as they're too undead to be alive like a colonist, but maybe in later stages of necromancy.. you can try to make mummies.. or Wights who are basically smarter undead and can be potentially controlled like a pawn, though.. like all undead they require maintenance, as they're *decaying*

Something that I thought it was going to be included in the werewolf release was clans, bloodlines, werebears, many other factions with different transformations. This could work for the Vampires, having new factions with different abilities without going too fantasy in order to simulate the sci-fi scenario.

Vampire powers and abilities can also be dictated by a rank-age system. Since they're immortal, their only concern is the ultimate survival and how many days and years they can (un)live. From New Blood, Kindred, Master Vampire, to Grand Master Vampire

Using the bones as a new build resource is neat, but why not as weapon materials?  or armor? also, bonemeal could be a food type for cannibals/bloodlust/psychos and they should bonuses when using bones, just like the buffs they get for wearing human leather.

Anyway, I've written enough, whatever we decide is good here, or even doable. It's Jecrells and his team decision to choose which idea or feature is better for the upcoming mod, and from what I've seen in his work so far, he never let us down. I'm even considering giving him patronage on patreon, I'm really impressed! thank you Jecrell

Canute

Quote from: DrKaine on August 30, 2017, 07:16:27 PM
Quote from: jecrell on August 29, 2017, 12:08:25 PM
Sweet baby Cthulhu, Jecrell! You have *no idea* how excited I am for bionic spiders. Is it intentional that we can't modify a spider's "second middle" legs?
Edit: On the topic of spider legs, a giant spider with 6 bionic legs moves at 14 c/s. Which is almost three times faster than a baseline human. Nyoooooom.
Did you notice animal bionic legs got a Damage bonus too ?
Compare the DPS with a regular spider. :-)

SpaceDorf

Now all we need is a way to give them gatlin cannons and ready is the spider demon :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Benis

Noticed a couple of things. Lovecraft storyteller's paranoia/other insanity events often send a pawn into a minor break (the worst IMO, incapacitated by daze for ~2 days) the instant you receive the notification. It's kinda lame. Perhaps the insanity could start at initial and climb to its peak over a short period of time, e.g. two in-game hours, so there's the opportunity to rush them to a typewriter and mitigate it.
There's also an exploit with the typewriter, I'm pretty sure it's always been there so you may already know about it. Once joy is capped while writing, the session ends and grants sanity. Manually reassigning the joy-capped pawn to the typewriter again will cap joy instantly, ending the session and reducing insanity again. Repeat a few times until pawn is completely sane. A minimum session duration or cooldown would fix this, though I can't think of any other joy activity with this implemented, so it may be more trouble than it's worth to write.

jecrell

Cosmic Horrors - A Dog Said Patch is now available alongside the other A Dog Said / EPOE patches.

Downloads

https://www.patreon.com/posts/14107245

Cosmic Horrors

-Modified Dark Young so that they now have more detailed individual parts to make it easier to perform ADS surgery.
-Changed the name generation for Dark Young to be similar to how Black Cats / Crows are named.

Download
https://www.patreon.com/posts/call-of-cthulhu-11381384

jecrell

Rim of Madness - Werewolves

9/3/17
v1.17.0.5
Simple Sidearms Patch

Werewolves, when using the Simple Sidearms patch, will drop their apparel and equipment to avoid causing errors when using Simple Sidearms. Users without Simple Sidearms will notice no changes.

TODO:
Add ability to eat hearts to extend rage.
Add ability to treat bionics with slits to allow for flexibility during transformations.

Apposl

Canute

Quote from: jecrell on September 02, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
TODO:
Add ability to eat hearts to extend rage.
Add ability to treat bionics with slits to allow for flexibility during transformations.
I don't think you should change much at the current handling with nonnatural parts.
The transformation is the strenght and weakness of the werewolfes.
The strong mellee power on cost to be natural.
But i think a transformation should do some healing, and only when he is full healed he will regrowth missing parts and scars.
But he will reject nonnatural parts on each transformation.

Dragoon

Quote from: Canute on September 02, 2017, 05:03:32 PM
I don't think you should change much at the current handling with nonnatural parts.
But i think a transformation should do some healing, and only when he is full healed he will regrowth missing parts and scars.
But he will reject nonnatural parts on each transformation.

The main problem is having to spend medicine to reattach these parts, as the limbs don't stay regrown. (If you are suggesting they will stay regrown, then having no bionic parts is 100% fair). Them rejecting is not a fair price to pay as it seems like much less of a con, and more like a liability.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Luckspeare

EDIT: Never mind, I ran across a discussion of the long pauses when Elder Thing caravans or travelers arrive at the player site, so it's a known issue that doesn't need additional reporting.

Luckspeare

Another error that seems related because of the reference to fell plotting:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.MentalStateWorker_FellPlotting.StateCanOccur (Verse.Pawn) <0x00030>
at Verse.MentalBreaker.BreakCanHappenNow (Verse.MentalBreakDef,Verse.MentalBreakIntensity) <0x00111>
at Verse.MentalBreaker/<>c__Iterator1BE.<>m__7EB (Verse.MentalBreakDef) <0x0001c>
at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1<Verse.MentalBreakDef>.MoveNext () <0x00100>
at Verse.MentalBreaker/<>c__Iterator1BE.MoveNext () <0x00177>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight<Verse.MentalBreakDef> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.MentalBreakDef>,System.Func`2<Verse.MentalBreakDef, single>,Verse.MentalBreakDef&) <0x003d5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.MentalBreaker.TryDoRandomMoodCausedMentalBreak_Patch1 (object) <0x000f7>
at Verse.MentalBreaker.MentalStateStarterTick () <0x0012f>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () <0x0005d>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x001e1>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () <0x00080>
at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldTick () <0x00017>
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x00246>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

(Are these helpful?  Please let me know if not.)

MCreeper

WIP
Combat Extended patches
YEEEEES!!!
Blood cults
YEEEEES!!! Whatever it is.