[A16]Verify Start (1.1.2 1/3/17) Check your colonist skills before dropping

Started by theubie, September 15, 2016, 02:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer

Quote from: theubie on September 19, 2016, 05:28:06 PM
Get me screenshots anytime it does something odd.  It'll help me out.

Is there any particular reason a screenshot would help in this instance? It's literally just, one colonist has Cooking of 1, and the other two have it disabled.

theubie

Mainly, I'd like a screenshot of the summary screen.  It will tell me what the program variables look like (since I literally dump them on that screen.)  It's the next best thing to a log file I have.

Adventurer

theubie

Yeah, I forgot I named it differently on the user side.  It's called summary in my code.  ;)  It's basically just a pretty dump of variables.

Adventurer

theubie

Ah, that makes a lot more sense to me know.  Sorry, been working on code all day not related to this, so I didn't piece together what you mean about incapable work.  Duh. 

I'll get a fix out of that soon-ishâ„¢.

Adventurer

Just remember, it'll help immensely for testing to be able to roll individual colonists... just throwing that out there. :p

theubie

Quote from: Adventurer on September 19, 2016, 06:37:14 PM
Just remember, it'll help immensely for testing to be able to roll individual colonists... just throwing that out there. :p

I did look at the idea of putting that in there now, but it's going to require me refactoring 4 different pieces of code (all the skills are hard coded in my work, which means one change = 12 changes + it can't handle using mods that add skills like Colony Manager)  So, it's going to have to wait until I get to a stopping point in the TwitchBot mod I'm working on....which might be soon as I've finally got it talking to chat and parsing commands. 

Individual colonists also will take some thinking, as it's variable how many colonists you might be starting with, and I'm trying not to monkey with the actual code that draws the screen for the colonist selection from the base game.  I've got a few ideas of how to implement in the GUI, but I need to finish fleshing them out.

Having said all of that, RC3 is up, which takes into account skills that are disabled.  It also has refactor 1 of 4 done in it.  So, we're technically a step closer to individual rerolls.

Adventurer

theubie

Quote from: Adventurer on September 19, 2016, 07:31:15 PM
Did you manage to work in the Animals skill that's missing?

It was actually already checking the animal skill in the background.  I just left it out of the config page (remember that whole hard coded, need to change in 12 places, refactor thing?  Yup!)  So, it was always calculating, but was always set to default of don't check.

theubie

Quote from: Nommy on September 18, 2016, 11:52:54 PM
I just saw this, sorry. That works great man, thank you!

snip...snip...snip...

Woah, my turn to apologize for missing a post.  Lots of great ideas in there.  Added quite a few of them to the list I'm working on today.

Quote from: Nommy on September 18, 2016, 11:52:54 PM
[EDIT]
I just had another idea. If you set it up so it displayed everything in a table like the work tab does in game you could make it so you could just click on the numbers to set skill limits for colonist and you could have a column for 'colony wide limits' which you can click to set those, rather than the popup you use now. So when you click a skill box/number for a colonist it shows a popup where you can select what limit to use: 'none', 'colony wide limit' (displayed) or 'individual' limit which you set there (maybe same value as colony wide one by default). That would be better I think.

This might just be perfect.  A better idea than what I was thinking of at least.  I'll see if I can get this working.

theubie

1.0.4.rc4 has been published.  This includes a significant update to the reroll including the ability to lock a colonist, thereby allowing you to reroll all, some or just one colonist at a time.  Hopefully the interface is self explanatory.

So...go break it.

Adventurer

Not sure if this is intended behavior, but lock colonists do not count toward the verify start requirements you set, which is a bit annoying.

theubie

It is intended, otherwise say if you are trying for two colonists with 15 or higher research, and you get one, locking him will cause the autoroll to only roll once each click because the locked colonist meets the requirement.  If your locked colonist has what you want, you can disable the skill(s) that they have when you lock them.

It's not a perfect system, but it's the best I came up with to accommodate multiple features requested that conflicted with each other without making the interface overly complex.

Vincent

Thanks for the mod. Is there anyway to include the auto roll in the EdB version ? I would like to roll my pawn and then save them in EdB for future run.