[A16] Zorba's Miscellaneous Tweakery Mods

Started by ZorbaTHut, October 05, 2016, 02:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdCaseShooter

The only thing better then the mods themselves is the little stories you add, honestly are entertaining. Good job on the tweaks!

ZorbaTHut

Quote from: Alenerel on December 22, 2016, 08:14:16 AM
Is it... Is it gonna explode...?

Probably not.

No promises, though.

In all seriousness, there's a few of my mods that I'd call rock-solid. I'm The Worker Now is none of those - it does some really hacky and invasive things to the reservation system. I'm frankly surprised it works at all.

But it does seem to work.

On the plus side, it does absolutely nothing that ends up saved to disk, nor is it likely to damage the savegame process to the point where it generates bad output. Anything it screws up should be fixable by simply turning the mod off and loading your last game.

ZorbaTHut

OSHA Compliance 1.0.2 released. This slightly increases the pathing penalty for armed traps to avoid a common case where pawns would still take a shortcut across the trap.

Love

Still no luck in fixing the null faction error messages from Step Away?

ZorbaTHut

Haven't taken a serious look, honestly - I never had a great way to reproduce it, and they seem harmless, just annoying. I'll see if I can get to it after some much-needed Crafting Hysteresis fixes, though.

ZorbaTHut

Speaking of Crafting Hysteresis improvements, v1.0.7 released.

* Fix a missing hook for the tutorial
* New feature - shift-click the +/- in the bill window, or the low-stock-threshold values in the bill details window, to change values more quickly
* Add translation keys

Wishmaster

Playing with Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now.

my colonist was hunting something, and before he picks up the dead prey, another colonists took over the job automatically.
So I tried to give back the hauling job to the hunter, but I couldn't. The menu on the corpse wasn't showing up the job option (only "consume corpse" no thanx :D ) until I draft/undraft the colonist who was hauling the corpse.

faltonico

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 03, 2017, 06:44:42 PM
Playing with Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now.

my colonist was hunting something, and before he picks up the dead prey, another colonists took over the job automatically.
So I tried to give back the hauling job to the hunter, but I couldn't. The menu on the corpse wasn't showing up the job option (only "consume corpse" no thanx :D ) until I draft/undraft the colonist who was hauling the corpse.

I too have noticed that it is not behaving as it did in A15, simply the menu is not always available, the situations in which it happens seems to be random, and inconsistent.
Sorry for the shitty bug report -_-'

ZorbaTHut

Fixed some issues with Step Away From The Medicine and Let's Be Honest Here. If you're using Step Away, I strongly recommend updating; honestly the bug is bad enough that it kind of makes the old version broken.

If you're using Let's Be Honest Here, I also recommend updating. If you're not using Let's Be Honest Here, I recommend installing it, and telling all your friends about it, and installing it on their computers, spread the gospel of space weed

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 03, 2017, 06:44:42 PM

Added to the bugfix list, I'll see what I can figure out. That said, this feels a little like a mod conflict; normally, hunters haul their own corpse, and nobody can interrupt them regarding this. Are you using any mods that might change this behavior?

(I've got enough outstanding bugs for this mod that I suspect something's broken, note, this is just not quite the same feel as those)

Strafer

Ran into a minor issue with Silly Builder, Surgery is for Doctors and the escape pod survivor event.  If you choose to rescue the survivor it seems to disable treatment options for them entirely.  Can't command any pawn to treat and the pawns ignore the guest until they die (or leave I suppose).  It was the only mod active, so other than figuring out which mod I haven't really tested it further.

Also, awesome mods overall, all have been very useful and welcome.  Thank you.

Zhentar

I think that's a vanilla issue; there have been a number of similar reports in the bugs forum.

ZorbaTHut

Fixes!

* Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now: Fixed a few cases that could result in the right-click menu not appearing at all.
* I Can Fix It!: Fixed an error generated when non-blueprintable owned buildings were destroyed (most commonly, snowmen.)

sirgzu

reported a bug where new pawns don't have their medical settings set to the mod default:
https://github.com/zorbathut/stepaway/issues/1

gendalf

- Does the The Mad Rabbits of Caerbannog include the whole list like Thrumbo and panthers? Does it change the number of animals or the frequency of the event?
also do they ever calm down or they're like mechanoids - never stop?

- Step Away From The Medicine "reset medicine to these values" - make it a separate button for animals and colonists.

JaxelT

Out of curiosity, why on Earth did you take the approach in your mechanoid surgery mod of making it so that only doctors did it, instead of that it was based on Construction skill? Knowledge of medicine does not make one better at disassembling a TV, but being able to assemble a TV might.