[MOD] Shields!

Started by Darker, March 25, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superpirson

Quote from: Darker on June 04, 2014, 10:59:36 AM
Mostly that's because I have never bought Rim World (I don't have Steam or internet banking - or money for that matter) and I always felt like outlaw here. Because of this, I also only could rely on latest debug versions.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were a tester no? doesn't that effort somehow grant ownership of a license to the game?

also, are you saying that if you did own the game, you would play it and make mods for it, or is this really an issue of you not having time/energy to make further mods? If it really is an issue of ownership, you could probably get one of your fans or even the dev to donate a copy of the game. losing an unlikely sale to a customer without a credit card sure beats losing a good moder.
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Ender

Quote from: Jones-250 on June 04, 2014, 03:20:33 AM
Quote from: CmdrQuartz on June 04, 2014, 02:41:02 AM
It's probably seeds from stuff like poverty grass. The little dot they send off to spread apparently counts as a projectile.
We need a mod that makes pollen act like bullets, hurting colonists and such. Hardcore!

So recreate the movie "The Happening"? :P
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Milso

Quote from: johntiger on June 04, 2014, 02:15:23 AM
There's probably new stuff in Alpha 4 that interferes with this mod because something was attacking the shield even though there's no bullets fired.

I was seeing the same thing and when i mouse over the square that is showing the effects of the shield getting hit i see the shots in the description.  Ill try to get a screen shoot of this when I get home tonight.

vincent90

I took the liberty to update the code to ignore the PovertyGrass_Seed projectile... I don't think anything else is interfering.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

johntiger

Thank you but I think you just broke a rule by not asking permission from the original modder. I suggest finding out.

vincent90

Quote from: Darker on March 26, 2014, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: TynanWould you be okay if I included it with the main release?
Of course. All my mods are distrubuted under the I don't care license. Including, modifying code, raping the code... Everything is allowed.

vincent90

Quote from: johntiger on June 06, 2014, 07:12:12 PM
Thank you but I think you just broke a rule by not asking permission from the original modder. I suggest finding out.

I see it as a branch in a github, the OP can make the change if he likes it.

Anexgohan

Hi everyone,
Can someone with a bit more modding knowledge help me as I want to increase the Shield HP significantly and also the recharge rate along with it just a personal preference, as currently the shield just collapses within 5 secs of an attack.
I just need someone to give me directions how to go about it.
Thank you for any help provided.

murlocdummy

Rather than modifying the recharge and HP of the shield, I'd rather have differently shaped shields.  It's hard to defend against a 100-strong tribal assault whose only strategy is to bum-rush your defenses when you have to take into account your different shield zones.  It takes some micromanagement in order to ensure that your shields are still deflecting enemy arrows, while not having your pawns shoot at the shield.

Maybe a modded weapon that can pierce through all shields would help?

superpirson

is anyone else having the problem when the shield gets hit and the projectile stay in place, and continually damage the shield?

Girlinhat

Quote from: superpirson on June 11, 2014, 05:18:05 PM
is anyone else having the problem when the shield gets hit and the projectile stay in place, and continually damage the shield?
Yes.

superpirson

Well I posted on the mod help forums, no real response yet. I spent like a whole day tying to find that bug and still I had no success.

Jdalt40

Does it block players or computers movements? just asking

Yodo223

Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 11, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
Does it block players or computers movements? just asking

No, it does not.

mkire

i have a suggestion/request: If it wouldn't be too difficult, do you think you could add an outline to the shield during placement that will tell me where the edges of the shield bubble are like what the sun lamp or the orbital trade beacon do?