Mod Stream

Started by merthsoft, October 12, 2016, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merthsoft

Would anyone be interested in a mod-making stream on Twitch? I would work on some mods, and talk through the process and interact with chat while it's going on. Good chance to show off the process from start to finish.

Dingo

I think RimWorld streams in general have very low viewership, but they get a few dozen or a few hundred views from time to time. It's also worth making to have a VoD that modders can watch in the future. I don't think I've seen a stream where you have modders from different projects talking about mod making, either, so that's a niche that can be filled.

14m1337

I'd possibly not be watching live, but I'd really like to watch the vid on youtube afterwards !
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

RawCode

i have only one question, why are you asking at all?

if you want to stream - just do it, you don't need any kind of permission.

you unlikely to get large number of views, as long as you are completely unknown person, you may start from posting mod, posting few youtube videos about "how mod is done" and after that try to livecast something.

merthsoft

Can you point to me where I'm asking anyone for permission? I'm simply trying to get a feel for interest on this forum. Think of it as market research.

kaptain_kavern

Maybe in that case it's not folks that are already modding that will be your target audience.

Some folks on Reddit seems rather interested when there are modding talks

merthsoft

Well, for anyone interested right this minute, I'm starting a stream: https://www.twitch.tv/merthsoft

merthsoft

kaptain_kavern

I usually don't watch LP or Youtube/twitch of gaming at all, but this I will look at it. I'm curious

Bazkur

While a stream would be cool, I think an organized set of videos on how to mod is much needed in the community.  The documentation pretty much sucks from my experience in trying to learn to mod and I'm a seasoned programmer.

kaptain_kavern

Come here in the mod>help section. We have tuts, resources, XML dummy files with explanations, XML tag and value full list and such. And also there is always someone to reply and help

Bazkur

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 17, 2016, 10:25:10 PM
Come here in the mod>help section. We have tuts, resources, XML dummy files with explanations, XML tag and value full list and such. And also there is always someone to reply and help

I assume this was directed at me :)
This will be helpful for sure and I've found some of it myself but I learn best from videos in general and have been very surprised that there isn't any series out there going over it.  Of course I could jut be missing it.

Dingo

I was thinking of making videos for it once the XML project was going better. I might do it in the future, after we have good resources.

merthsoft

I'm planning on Saturday to make a "getting started" video for programming, covering VS2015, ILSpy, injecting methods, and all that good stuff.

mabor0shi

Quote from: merthsoft on October 18, 2016, 12:07:17 PM
I'm planning on Saturday to make a "getting started" video for programming, covering VS2015, ILSpy, injecting methods, and all that good stuff.
So how did that go? Sounds like I'm key demographic (into modding, have programs, haven't learned to code)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!