[A16 WIP] Star Wars: An Outer-Rim World Story

Started by demeggy, October 16, 2016, 06:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeggy

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 11, 2016, 05:14:52 PM
Hello. Can I ask you something? In wich platform you created/drew/painted the creatures (Like Tauntaun for example) from this mod? :P

Avid paint.net user :) I most hacked the hell out of the existing assets as a base template though!

Pink Omega

Quote from: demeggy on November 11, 2016, 05:49:15 PM
Hello. Can I ask you something? In wich platform you created/drew/painted the creatures (Like Tauntaun for example) from this mod? :P

Avid paint.net user :) I most hacked the hell out of the existing assets as a base template though!
Can you tell me some tricks? Like the paintbrush size to continue a vanilla animal outline etc..I will sure be glad! Sorry for bothering you anyway ^^

<=To Be Continued/\/

demeggy

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 11, 2016, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: demeggy on November 11, 2016, 05:49:15 PM

Can you tell me some tricks? Like the paintbrush size to continue a vanilla animal outline etc..I will sure be glad! Sorry for bothering you anyway ^^

It's no bother! It differs per asset, but new layers and erasers are your friend :)

For example...

The below Tauntaun is a hatchet job of the Alpaca and Thrumbo Horn assets with some slight tweaks and line jobs..

Pajama Zach

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 11, 2016, 06:41:18 PM

Speaking for myself, I use Photoshop with a tablet but the program matters less than your ability to use it. Demeggy is probably definitely better at paint.net than I am at Photoshop. Beyond that it just takes some experimentation and lots of time. Nothing is going to make your drawing go faster or look better other than practice. Online tutorials on your program of choice will be as helpful as anything on the forums, but for RimWorld assets I do recommend using a harder brush edge. Normally I use a default asset as a base for my own work and trace over it. Sometimes I'll keep doing new iterations and end up spending an hour or two just to find an outline I'm happy with. Layers are your friend; sometimes I'll take elements from one iteration and combine it with another, which is much more difficult without using layers.

It's a creative process. It mostly takes time and practice.

demeggy

Far from dead - horrendous working week. Looking to crack on with this over the weekend, and have a few days off coming up so should be in a position to start hammering out some of the content!

Is there any Galactic Civil War era content fans would like to see?

samuk190

wafflep90

Cant wait for this to be released, being a massive star wars fan incorporating this into such a great game it just a dream, pics look amazing so far :D :D

demeggy

Quote from: wafflep90 on November 28, 2016, 07:59:30 AM
Cant wait for this to be released, being a massive star wars fan incorporating this into such a great game it just a dream, pics look amazing so far :D :D

Thanks :) This has merely stalled whilst I sort some IRL work out, but keep tabs!

demeggy

I might need to start leaning on any artsy types in the community. Currently, I'm looking for some assistance with some of the remaining outfits - so if anyone out there loves Star Wars, and wants to lend a hand with a few outfit .png's, ping me a line if you please!

Anxarcule

Just wanted to pop in and give my support - progress you've made looks/sounds very promising!  Excited to see this in the steam workshop :)

demeggy

Quote from: Anxarcule on December 11, 2016, 08:23:51 AM
Just wanted to pop in and give my support - progress you've made looks/sounds very promising!  Excited to see this in the steam workshop :)

Cheers bud. Suffered a bereavement recently so I dropped off the scene for a few weeks, and with A16 surfacing - looks like I have the opportunity to rework some of the content and work on some new features. I'll be looking at driving this with a little more vigor in the next month, so keep an eye on the thread.

demeggy

A16 Update: Looks like with the recent update, I'll need to make a small metric tonne of changes to some of the currently implemented content... specifically around Factions. With it now being the Festive Season, I'll hold back until Jan to pick things up again, but I do intend on seeing this through - especially in light of the insanely awesome Rogue One :)

Happy Holidays and a more prosperous 2017 to you all

Demeggy

demeggy

Happy New Year all.

Last week, I spoke with Elando, who's collaborating with me on his update of the RimWars core mod. In essence, we'll be working together on bringing the A15 content into A16, and potentially looking at future ideas to make this a truly immersive mod.

Demeggy

Nomsayinbrah

Quote from: demeggy on January 01, 2017, 08:46:59 AM
Happy New Year all.

Last week, I spoke with Elando, who's collaborating with me on his update of the RimWars core mod. In essence, we'll be working together on bringing the A15 content into A16, and potentially looking at future ideas to make this a truly immersive mod.

Demeggy

Nice - so I should look at his thread for updates now? Or what does this mean exactly?

Looking forward to a starwars mod of this amazing game! Yours is looking very promising!

Renven

Could you possibly do one thing? just one. it doesn't have to be in at launch, but aligning yourself with either the empire or rebellion? like there are the two factions on the planet, and an event comes up for you to choose. not asking for it to be in at the beginning, just thought it would be cool