[A16] Several Puffins' Social Mods (Rumours&Deception, Romance Diversified, ..)

Started by Several Puffins, November 06, 2016, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duduluu

Welcome to China!
Hope to release the new version at Valentine's Day. :)
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

darloth

I have a weird error that I believe is related to your mods, but I also have a lot of other mods.

Anyway: I have a psychopathic pawn who often has no friends, and doesn't care.  Probably normal?  I also have a colony leader (amusingly called Nihilist) who has four friends, but still seems to get the "I have no friends" negative moodlet, and as far as I can tell it only happens whenever the psychopathic pawn has all low relations (which happens on a rolling basis because for some reason she and the gruff military inventor that she has a deeply tsundere relationship with never actually hook up.  They fight, they make up, they really like each other, romance fails, they fight, repeat - but that's just an amusing side effect of the mod)

Mod list is attached, and I've got a save when it's happening if that would be useful?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DDC1234

i have the same problem with my pawn say no-one like me mood but she has a friend ?

CrackThoseClaws

Quote from: Psithen on January 09, 2017, 01:59:54 AM
when using Prepare for Romance I get extremely slow UI reaction during pawn generation. It doesn't happen with the normal version of Prepare Carefully so I'm unsure what's causing it.
Same here. It's definitely this mod, but why does it overload the game so much?

Hydromancerx

Quote- Splinter: In the unlikely event that a clique of friends forms within the colony that is largely hostile to the rest, they may choose to leave together and form a new map faction. They will take some of your colony's belongings with them as they go.

Can you make a stand alone mod that allows you to pick pawns to start a new friendly faction? That way you can colonize the planet with split off factions but not have to actually control each location.

biship

My current save game has 10,400 lines under <taleManager> and many of them are involving pawns long dead and gone. Is this from the rumours & deception mod? If so, does it ever get cleaned up?

Lethe

Thanks so much for making this mod! I wanted the relationship/romance/sexuality system expanded upon and here this is!!!

I see you would one day like to add poly, great! You also put in asexuality, good! Other than just asexuality, it could still be pretty neat to have a low sex drive trait, as well as a high sex drive trait. Putting in swinger or 'in a open relationship' as a trait might also be easier to implement than a poly marriage/dating system. If they have that trait then there's no debuffs if they 'cheat' on their spouse. Perhaps with an increased chance of them to have an "affair".

Oh, if males are not bisexual in-game please add that in. I know women can be bisexual in-game, but I know it was only females who could be in earlier alphas.

If you really wanted to go in-depth with this you could try to implement a Kinsey scale system of some sort. You could have a male or female that's traditionally identifies as straight, but experimenting or is 'just curious' and has a one off affair with samesex colonist.

Oh, having casual sex vs romantic dating is a nice touch. It'd be fun to see the drama when two folks get together, one not ready to commit and wants to just sleep around. Imagine that debuff when a colonist gets broken up with/broke things off/let's just be friends.

Please add an incest trait that has the bearer ignore family flags and they try to romance their own family members. I'd also suggest adding incest gossip to your other mod.

Perhaps you could consider adding bestiality to the game. I just think it'd be funny as hell to see one of colonists be all hearts by a muffalo or something. The colonist gets lovin' buff still, but everyone's opinion of him decreases if anyone sees.
"Steve? Steve! What are doing to that Alpaca---oh gods. Why?! Why?!"

If implementing such a thing would be a pain, then perhaps at least consider putting it into your rumor mod? It would make perfect gossip material. "You know, Trake's always spending all his time taming muffalos or milking them. It's just not natural." Or "I heard funny noises last night coming from Trake's room."

One last thing, I know vanilla games have masochist and sadistic traits. If they're not configured to do anything further, could you put in the ability for a sadist colonist and a masochist colonist to do 'activities' together? Not sex, but you could just use the heart sex animation for the two and say X is flogging Y in the dialouge box. Or whipping, whatever. The kink/bdsm shout out is already pretty much there in the vanilla game. D: Other than sadistic, folks who are into bloodlust or violent, brawler etc should be approached by masochist colonists. Each with different levels of success rate [bloodlust = 100%, brawler = 40% or something].

(Real last thing) Consider putting into your mod settings the likelyhood of sexual deviancy, so to speak? In other words, the ability for someone to crank the lgbt (+kink/bdsm)  chance of from 5% to 15% etc. Oh, and if you do my suggestions of incest or bestiality traits then I guess an option to turn those off as I'm sure someone would rather not have it in their game.

Sorry for all of this, I'm just really interested in these systems. Adding these sorts of things in makes for more interesting and crazier stories to be told. Which is fun.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: CrackThoseClaws on January 25, 2017, 07:14:36 AM
when using Prepare for Romance I get extremely slow UI reaction during pawn generation. It doesn't happen with the normal version of Prepare Carefully so I'm unsure what's causing it.
Me three; the interface drags down to an unplayable level. I like the ideas but something is consuming major CPU time.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

ForsakenTemplar

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 15, 2017, 10:17:18 PM
Quote from: CrackThoseClaws on January 25, 2017, 07:14:36 AM
Me three; the interface drags down to an unplayable level. I like the ideas but something is consuming major CPU time.
I'm also having this issue with only HugsLibrary, Romance Diversified, and the Prepare for Romance mod enabled (in that order). The normal EdB Prepare Carefully mod causes no UI lag at all.

死亡领主鸩毒

Hello Sir,

Im getting this error while trying to open the "Prepare Carefully" window, any ideas ?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ruisuki

Looks like a good mod. I hate when it comes to deciding between mods. In this case Psychology and Romance Diversified. maybe ill run this in a future playthrough, sounds awesome

AngleWyrm

The team that put together the SK Hardcore Project did some heavy modding to the included mods, and as part of their set they included both EdB's Prepare Carefully and Puffin's Rumors and Deception.

So I extracted their versions of both from the zip, then added Romance Diversified:
  • It has been running without lag
  • Prepare Carefully displays the normal three trait selection
  • One of my adoptees had a forth trait (Straight) so it's in there, just hidden
  • A new colonist got a bad mood from one of the residents telling lies about them
  • A pair of lovers proposed marriage while out on a date
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Sinza

Well.....
my colony counts now 252 days and just now i got the splinter event a second time. Again three colonists left to found a new colony and left two others behind. Is it just me or should this not happen so frequently?
May the psychology mod have an impact on this?
Greetins Cedric

Tanelorn

Cliques

I see in the description it suggests that you can do something to ease the tensions and break up the clique. I read through this thread and the mod description but I am unclear on what we can do to promote happiness and togetherness in the colony. Advice?