Configure Mod Slots?

Started by Kumai0214, March 30, 2014, 11:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumai0214

Is it possible to had more than 16 mods? I have about 24 mods in the mod folder but I don't see the other 8 mods. I tried scrolling but it didn't quite work for me.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Kumai0214

Oh okay then... I'll just eliminate the mods slowly and choose the ones I want to use.

iame6162013

Quote from: Kumai0214 on March 30, 2014, 11:06:45 PM
Is it possible to had more than 16 mods? I have about 24 mods in the mod folder but I don't see the other 8 mods. I tried scrolling but it didn't quite work for me.

Wait u can just take one file and drop it in another one it won't be pritty just remove the About file in one mod.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

mrofa

Yep most mods can be merged just like that since most of them have unique file names and namedefs so ther shouldnt be a problem.
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

That is not accurate, it is perfectly possible to have as many mods as you want in alpha 2, but anymore than 16 and you need to do some file editing.

On windows:
1.) Go to C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld
2.) Open ModsConfig
3.) Add <li>Mod folder name</li> directly under <li>Core</li>
4.) Save and launch RimWorld

should look something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Mod folder name 1</li>
    <li>Mod folder name 2</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.