[A16] ReinforcedConcreteWall

Started by lost_RD, December 15, 2016, 12:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost_RD

Latest update: December 15 2016 | Download

The A15 version works in A16.

Adds a stronger wall for late-game. Intended to be balanced around the Pandora storyteller. As of 1.0, the wall has 5000 hp and is 99% resistant to fire.

The cost of each wall is 5 aggregate, 1 cement and 5 rebar. Aggregate is crafted from stone chunks at the stonecutter's table. Cement is crafted from limestone chunks or limestone blocks at the stonecutter's table. Rebar is crafted from steel at the fueled/electric smithy. Research stonecutting and smithing to unlock the wall designator.

The dependency on limestone is both for realism and for balance. If your map has no limestone, you can buy bricks. In A16, raiding other colonies and deconstructing their limestone walls/floors will be an option.

I'm open to suggestions about balance. 5000 hp is a lot and I don't think the current cost is high enough.

Joshwoo70

lost_RD

I haven't tested but it should. It's just a bunch of defs with some textures.

faltonico

Would it be possible to build an embrasure with it? (lazy to test it xd)

lost_RD

Possible, sure, but I'm yet to see an embrasure that I like and I'm not going to code embrasure functionality from scratch, that sounds like too much work.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: faltonico on December 15, 2016, 07:51:52 AM
er embrashers adds any metrial to be buildable so sould work

lost_RD

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 16, 2016, 04:44:19 AM
Quote from: faltonico on December 15, 2016, 07:51:52 AM
er embrashers adds any metrial to be buildable so sould work

I didn't create concrete as a material, I created concrete wall as a whole new building, so it wouldn't work.

Smexy_Vampire

easy mode for this mod please ? make concreat mix and rebar only for walls ?

faltonico

Quote from: lost_RD on December 16, 2016, 09:08:55 AM
I didn't create concrete as a material, I created concrete wall as a whole new building, so it wouldn't work.
Thank you for clarifying that up.
Even though it can't be embrasures, a 5000 wall is extremely helpful. Thanks a lot!

faltonico

You have to update the <WorkToMake> tag to <WorkToBuild> as well ;)

Joedox

Hello,

Will this mod be updated for A17?

Bye