[MODPACK] The BIG Bang any day now

Started by jamieg, April 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordbok

Oh cool So if I disable better power and activate IRIM it should be fine? because I remember with my old mod settings I had to delete the turrets from IRIM to use the turret pack and the weapons to use project armory? I assume I do the same still

jamieg

Quote from: lordbok on April 24, 2014, 06:32:12 AM
Oh cool So if I disable better power and activate IRIM it should be fine? because I remember with my old mod settings I had to delete the turrets from IRIM to use the turret pack and the weapons to use project armory? I assume I do the same still

Well i havent personally tested it, but ive been told by many that this works so may be worth trying it, let me know if it does :) BUT i believe(not 100%) callum(IRIM) edited his mod sligtly before A3, removing the clashing guns....
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

jamieg

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 05:41:27 AM
Quote from: jamieg on April 24, 2014, 05:31:49 AM
I recommend changing the 2 round for a nice difference defo!! but you shouldnt delete either!

Its more space issues than incompatibility. The mod pack already makes the architect tabs spam packed. Having industrial rim on top of better power+ and wood economy makes the list even bigger. The screen almost dissappears.

Finaly someone else that sees the main issue i see :D dammit i was starting to wonder that my screen was the only one filled up.... i just hook my laptop up to my big tv then no issues :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Cala13er

Quote from: jamieg on April 24, 2014, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: lordbok on April 24, 2014, 06:32:12 AM

Well i havent personally tested it, but ive been told by many that this works so may be worth trying it, let me know if it does :) BUT i believe(not 100%) callum(IRIM) edited his mod sligtly before A3, removing the clashing guns....

That's correct, however I did actually remove all guns :)

Cala13er

Quote from: jamieg on April 24, 2014, 10:22:50 AM
I recommend changing the 2 round for a nice difference defo!! but you shouldnt delete either!

Its more space issues than incompatibility. The mod pack already makes the architect tabs spam packed. Having industrial rim on top of better power+ and wood economy makes the list even bigger. The screen almost dissappears.

Finaly someone else that sees the main issue i see :D dammit i was starting to wonder that my screen was the only one filled up.... i just hook my laptop up to my big tv then no issues :D

My modpack did similar, I have moved all the lights from the furniture to the structure. Now every tab (Apart from Orders and security) has 4 complete lines, Furniture having 4 lines and a half. Both our modpacks are completely unplayable on notebooks as the menu goes off the screen ;). Alpha 4 will fix this problem though thank god!

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: jamieg on April 24, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

My modpack did similar, I have moved all the lights from the furniture to the structure. Now every tab (Apart from Orders and security) has 4 complete lines, Furniture having 4 lines and a half. Both our modpacks are completely unplayable on notebooks as the menu goes off the screen ;). Alpha 4 will fix this problem though thank god!

is yours out then?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

No, still waiting on the final permission.

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 02:18:37 PM....

Glad to hear about the fix for menu-overflowitis ??? ::)

lordbok

I see, So When I deleted the weapons file from IRIM I might have deleted something important lol

Ribas

I noticed that there are two mods "conflicting" or unbalanced in this modpack.

1-Blacksmith (Workplaces):
Converts 1 debrislag to 3 metal bars
Each metal bar = ~9,5 metal | 2 metal bars = 19 metal | 3 metal bars = 28,5 metal
Converts 15 metal to 1 metal bar | 15 - 9,5 = 5,5 metal loss

2-Electro Slag (Electro Slag Remelting):
Converts 1 debrislag to 10 metal
Blacksmith converts almost 3x more metal. Also, it gives more xp too.

jamieg

I know, Im busted :p i was hoping nobody would find this out :p its because electro slag melting goes with the tektronics preview but workplaces makes guns :) and i would never remove Haplos work from this pack as it is a key feature

Haplo

And I thank you for providing my Workplaces a home to live ;)
I've made the definitions of what comes out of the metal bars based on the costs of the weapons.
The Slag Debries to Metal Bars was a guess on my side, but It could be wrong.
The easiest sollution is to change in workplaces the amount of metal bars produced from slag debris from 3 to 2 or even 1.
You can find the definition in the file "..\RecipeDefs\Recipe_Blacksmith_Base.xml" Row 25:

<products>
<li>
<thingDef>MetalBars</thingDef>
<count>3</count>
</li>
</products>

It should be open to discussion what should be changed, but this is the easiest way to change from my side..

Ribas

Quote from: Haplo on April 25, 2014, 02:23:47 PM
And I thank you for providing my Workplaces a home to live ;)
I've made the definitions of what comes out of the metal bars based on the costs of the weapons.
The Slag Debries to Metal Bars was a guess on my side, but It could be wrong.
The easiest sollution is to change in workplaces the amount of metal bars produced from slag debris from 3 to 2 or even 1.
You can find the definition in the file "..\RecipeDefs\Recipe_Blacksmith_Base.xml" Row 25:

<products>
<li>
<thingDef>MetalBars</thingDef>
<count>3</count>
</li>
</products>

It should be open to discussion what should be changed, but this is the easiest way to change from my side..

3 metal bars are balanced.
Electroslag consumes more power and has a greater cost, so it will be more balanced if this produce 4 metal bars.
Metalsmith is a manual process, don't need to be powered, they doesn't needed electricity in the medieval era and don't need today too. (To balance - increase work time).

Blitz

Hey guys, was playing today with the modpack turned on and dropped down to 3 fps. I tried disabling all animals, killed all raiders, and drafted all colonists to see if it was a pathfinding bug, it isn't. Can anyone help me out?

The file size is too big to attach when compressed, here is a db link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fckgp7nyj7cza8d/Modded%20Ep%206.rar

Blitz

zkullz

I can not unzip the file after I have downloaded it because it is a .rar file not a .zip file. Please help?