[MODPACK] The BIG Bang any day now

Started by jamieg, April 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

I think he means the save files, you can't run the latest pack on a save file using the previous pack version.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Haplo

Quote from: Architect on April 28, 2014, 04:22:52 AM
Quote from: Haplo on April 28, 2014, 12:48:54 AM
That looks like an variable overflow issue. I think there was such an issue with the emergency lights from BetterPower. Do you have emergency lights built? They may cause the problem, when there is a code problem and they are in an switching loop..

The emergency part of the wall lights was removed in the latest update of BetterPower? If this mod pack is running the latest version, there shouldn't be any issues from BetterPower.

I didn't meant your current build, as I know that you worked something out there. I think he is trying to get the older built to run, as he doesn't want to loose his savegame. It just was a suggestion for him to try to repair his older game, not a slight on your work :)

Architect

Quote from: Haplo on April 28, 2014, 06:42:24 AM
Quote from: Architect on April 28, 2014, 04:22:52 AM
Quote from: Haplo on April 28, 2014, 12:48:54 AM
That looks like an variable overflow issue. I think there was such an issue with the emergency lights from BetterPower. Do you have emergency lights built? They may cause the problem, when there is a code problem and they are in an switching loop..

The emergency part of the wall lights was removed in the latest update of BetterPower? If this mod pack is running the latest version, there shouldn't be any issues from BetterPower.

I didn't meant your current build, as I know that you worked something out there. I think he is trying to get the older built to run, as he doesn't want to loose his savegame. It just was a suggestion for him to try to repair his older game, not a slight on your work :)

Oh right, my mistake XD yeah, the issue with the older build is actually hard coded, so the only fix I can suggest there is to simply not use the wall lights I'm afraid :/

I didn't take it as a dig at me anyway dude, no need to worry, I'm not that highly strung yet XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

old saves wont work as there is alot of new stuff in there :)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Blitz

Yeah, I have the emergency lighting. I kind of had a feeling that was an issue. I will get rid of them and see if that fixes the problem.

jamieg

Quote from: Blitzkriegsler on April 28, 2014, 07:23:49 AM
Yeah, I have the emergency lighting. I kind of had a feeling that was an issue. I will get rid of them and see if that fixes the problem.

did you fix it?? hope so :) the new mod pack doesnt have these issues as all the mods are up to date as of yesterday, but you wont be able to load old maps :(
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Psyckosama

Would you consider adding atomic power to the mix? At its current point it has some major bonuses and... problems for the colonists to keep an eye on.

Blitz

Quote from: jamieg on April 28, 2014, 09:31:21 AM
did you fix it?? hope so :) the new mod pack doesnt have these issues as all the mods are up to date as of yesterday, but you wont be able to load old maps :(

I haven't had a chance yet. I will work on it tonight.

jamieg

Quote from: Psyckosama on April 28, 2014, 10:51:41 AM
Would you consider adding atomic power to the mix? At its current point it has some major bonuses and... problems for the colonists to keep an eye on.

I would definitely consider it :D I'm SOOO happy to have a modder approach me and ask rather than it be the other way around :p I'll have a look into it and if it works fine and doesn't conflict or unbalance the game i will for sure! gimme a couple of days as i like to have a good play to ensure no ovious bugs :)

AND BLITZ, hurry! lol ;)

Psyckosama

Quote from: jamieg on April 28, 2014, 02:59:39 PM

I would definitely consider it :D I'm SOOO happy to have a modder approach me and ask rather than it be the other way around :p I'll have a look into it and if it works fine and doesn't conflict or unbalance the game i will for sure! gimme a couple of days as i like to have a good play to ensure no ovious bugs :)

AND BLITZ, hurry! lol ;)

It produces a massive amount of power, which makes it seem unbalanced until you realize that it also decays and if it decays too far it explodes in a giant fire ball that will redecorate your base in quite an interesting manner (if you enjoy fire and debris). It also pumps out hard radiation which will hurt your colonists badly (and demoralize the hell out of them.) if they enter the same room as an active reactor.

Basically it is your one stop power solution if you're willing to keep an eye on it. If not, if you get distracted and forget about it, it will happily ruin your day in one of several humorous ways.

And as always, do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

I'll also offer up my cremation chamber. It's a fast and easy way to dispose of unwanted corpses that makes sense in game.

My main objective in game is it fits the "feel" of the game visually and functionally without overcomplicating things.

jamieg

I will most definitely have a look and get back to you :)

Blitz

It was the energy wall things. All better now!

Psyckosama

Quote from: jamieg on April 28, 2014, 05:22:45 PM
I will most definitely have a look and get back to you :)

Probably going to rebalance it a little bit but thats all.

pawnstorm

AND BLITZ, hurry! lol ;)
In that case... how about adding Battle Formations? :P

jamieg

Quote from: pawnstorm on April 29, 2014, 12:32:39 AM

AND BLITZ, hurry! lol ;)
In that case... how about adding Battle Formations? :P

I'll take a look  :D thanks sounds cool