Show us your colony [Mega Thread]

Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daman453

[quote Snip
[/quote]

I love me some sips  ;D
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

A Friend

Wow, you guys a have freakin' huge bases.

Mine are usually compact ones in the open with populations mostly above 20+
Sadly no pic as my current save got corrupted by a bug.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

A Friend

Welp, before I fully convert to A12-ism and cut off my current colony, I want to show it off first!

Two and a half years in and not that impressive,
Welcome to malaria and death infested outpost of Fernshire!

(Album for further details.)
http://imgur.com/a/3QlS3#0

Meet the disgruntled denizens! (About 10 colonists dead already, RR extreme.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

zenfur

Playing on the hardcore modpack, 2 weeks old base.

Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

RemingtonRyder

A zoomed-out view of my solar apocalypse base.

Supposed to be leaving the planet, not digging in. :D

TheGentlmen

Using the UO modpack by Ninefingers
They say mountain bases are easy:

Cooling is a pain.

TLHeart

mountain bases are far from easy, except for  defense... understanding heat and cooling needs of a mountain base is a engineers wet dream...

RemingtonRyder

TLHeart

My most recent base, at night with all those beautiful lights. Heavily modded, with a central grand room, and 14 bedrooms. Still have room for 4 more colonists. Mai has her own room, by the gardens.

And the grand room, just a little bit impressive at the moment. They have pizza, stew, fine meals and sweet rolls to eat, along with blueberry soda, specatgo tea, and hard candy, all within easy reach of the bedrooms and the communal grand table.

We have rimworld, a tv, chess, go and reading tables, along with the billiards for the evening joy time.

Loki88

Quote from: TLHeart on October 22, 2015, 08:19:59 PM
My most recent base, at night with all those beautiful lights. Heavily modded, with a central grand room, and 14 bedrooms. Still have room for 4 more colonists. Mai has her own room, by the gardens.

And the grand room, just a little bit impressive at the moment. They have pizza, stew, fine meals and sweet rolls to eat, along with blueberry soda, specatgo tea, and hard candy, all within easy reach of the bedrooms and the communal grand table.

We have rimworld, a tv, chess, go and reading tables, along with the billiards for the evening joy time.

Holy crap you are way more meticulous than I can ever be! It looks really good :)

My poor little minions are lucky if they get a lavish meal and a cup of tea with the occasional bottle of rum by the pool table :P

CrayolaCrayon

CrazyChris

CentCom 2.0, now with Vulcan cannons!

And nuclear power! soon TM.

UnityIron

Gah every time I look at this thread, I have to start a new game. So many ways to lay things out, awesome stuff guys.

code99xx

Hey,

Some of you people have bases that can only be described as "HOLY F**K" :)

Im not so good at building bases like that (i blame my lack of imagination) however here is my attempt at a base.
I've been playing since Alpha 8 (i skipped a version or two since tho and only recently returned for A12).

My game is also heavily modded so keep that in mind ... and Im not THAT good at the game anyway :D

This is my "largest" colony in alpha 12 that I havent really played in the last few days (its still quite early in its days) playing on Phoebe Extreme, Mountain, largest map (just bellow ludicrous size).

^ This is an overview of the outside of my base just after an attack. The base is still under construction and my defences are rather basic having to be rebuilt after every attack.

^ This is an overview of the inside of my base. Pretty small and not so impressive but gets the job done. My hospital is equipped with a Dermal Regenerator and a few basic beds. I will add some proper hospital beds with vital analyzers soon™. Just bellow my hospital room, I can craft various prosthetics and bionic limbs if i need to.
The various stockpiles that you can see have advanced quantum storage platforms able to store a lot of items/resources in a single tile.

The bottom of my base you can see a hydroponics room thats still under construction, so is the room above my hospital, meant to grow medical plants and such, still under construction. (power was an issue)

This is my colony backup power in cases of eclipses and long lasting sieges. Each battery room has a switch at the entrance that allows me to cut said rooms from the rest of the network and keep the power stored there for emergencies. Each room also has a few fuses that help lower the risk of short circuits that can occur (more fuses are scattered throughout the base).
At the moment all battery rooms are active since I had a rather difficult attack ...

This is my failed attempt to create a room with geothermal energy to solve all my power problems but sadly because I failed to properly calculate the distance from each fissure, I couldnt fit all the geothermal plants and now it just looks dumb :D

No deaths in this colony so far.

This is my latest colony, just started so only a couple of weeks have passed. This is my very first attempt at a base thats not inside a mountain and so far im having problems with designing my base, as it stands it looks a bit dull ...

This is a more RP game than usual (RP=Role Play). I usually play my games with some story behind it with created characters via prepare carefully and so on. (first colony i showed above is also RP type of colony)
This colony in particular is sort of a followup to the colony i showed above. Long story short, this colony is made by a rescue team sent to investigate the disapearance of the above colony people (they were on a ship on their way someplace far far away when something happened etc etc, when the rescue team arrived they succumbed to the same fate, their ship got destroyed in orbit for some reason and only a few managed to reach the escape pods).
Essentially these guys are military, Alpha Squad, some of the best soldiers from the Novalith Corporation sent to investigate the whereabouts of the people in the other colony.

They however crashed on this planet ill equipped, most of the weapons and other equipment and the other people got destroyed in their ship. They only have a few standard issue combat rifles ...

(obviously my story is far more complicated than what I've written so far, dont want to bore you to death with it :D. I was thinking in making an AAR (After action report) or whatever you call em but dunno if thats a thing anymore.

Playing on Cassandra Extreme, largest of the large map size, small hills. None of the created colonists that I've started with are any good at growing or cooking (since they are just soldiers part of a quick response force. They are also rather poor at constructing anything too complicated, research and mining. Luckly tho, my first few colonists that I managed to "acquire" are good at mining, growing and constructing)

Overview of the base.

Closeup of the base, as you can see its still under construction, dirty and this is also just after a pretty large raid in which 3 parties had to fight it out. My team, some friendlies from a nearby town and some pirates.

Just the food source in form of fieds of rice, potatoes, strawberries and some medical plants.

There you have it, my attempt at this thread. Let me know if you want to see more or hear more of the story behind it.

Damien Hart

So, I was curious what everyone's A13 colonies were like, and I was a little disappointed to see this thread had been forgotten in the break between A12 and A13. But I guess that just means I get to go first.

I present the five year progression of a boreal forest colony called Sparks. The screenshots are from the beginning of years 0, 1, 3 and 5.

Day 3

Day60

Day 188

Day 300 (two images)

All four side by side for comparison
http://i.imgur.com/yRVhnNX.jpg