[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That_Axe

Quote- Surgery success rate chance slightly raised to be more realistic, to avoid annoyance and save scumming.
Quote from: Rah/quote]

Any chance you can give us a the numbers for this? As I understand the basic formula is: pawn surgery success chance * medicine effectiveness * hospital cleanliness/sterility

So my level 16 doctor that has 97% surgery success chance would have a 68% of not botching the surgery if she uses regular medicine.

Rah

QuoteAny chance you can give us a the numbers for this? As I understand the basic formula is: pawn surgery success chance * medicine effectiveness * hospital cleanliness/sterility
So my level 16 doctor that has 97% surgery success chance would have a 68% of not botching the surgery if she uses regular medicine.

Almost correct. You then multiply that with the surgery success chance factor, which is 1.35 for most bionic stuff. It would then be 0.68 * 1.35 = 0.918. There's also a small bonus to room cleanliness. So your healthy and rested lvl 16 doctor, in a sterile hospital room with regular medicine would have approx 95% chance not to screw up the surgery and destroy the bionic part. If you have a dirty room the success chance is actually lowered by quite a bit.

The vanilla surgeries have not been touched and are the same as in epoe. Here you have about 65% to 70% chance to succeed with the same scenario as above, which is very low and risky, and expensive since the bionic part is destroyed if the doctor fails. With glitterworld medicine success is guaranteed in both vanilla and in both mods, with the same scenario.

Rah

1.62 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Balance work; resource costs, market values, surgery time.

this will probably be the last update until A17, unless something needs a hotfix. have fun !

That_Axe

Fellbourne

Quote@Fellbourne, interesting read. It's very rare I hear someone say RBSE is too easy, but I understand where you're coming from having played a lot of Cassandra games myself. The original hardcore version was actually nerfed a bit due to people complaining about the high costs, which is also why I added the Lite version. But like you said, you are probably in a small minority given your playtime and experience with the game, but I might add another version of RBSE for the people like yourself. I've been playing around with the thought.
Thanks for the feedback !

Hey Rah, I wanted to give more detail in to what I meant and how I played that game. When I started that game my main goal was to go full bionic. I definitely played in a way to make things easier on me and speed up going bionic. Knowing I was going to need a lot of materials and medicine, I immediately became friendly with everyone (3 outlanders 1 tribe, lucky me, this sped things up quite a bit), had a beacon up and began calling traders every time I could in rotation. I was buying as much of the materials and medicine as I could and selling everything else. I was raising wealth to bring bigger mech raids for even more materials. Before long i had more than enough to go full advanced bionic / synthetic. I was cranking them out 2 at a time. The medicine cost definitely surprised me, i wasn't expecting the medicine cost, think one of the surgeries cost 5? that slowed down the surgeries a bit as i only used glitter world meds, that was good.

Having gone full Adv Bionic and synthetic  with painstopper. Pawns are crazy good at that point. With mechanite and gut worms my pawn was still zipping around more efficient than a stock pawn, doesn't feel the pain,
so he only takes a mood hit for being sick, he cannot be downed due to shock, he will fight to the death or till he loses a leg. He Recovers way quicker (full synthetic) from those now neglible health problems (neglible primarily due to no pain, but being above effiency even with two diseases, makes you not even care that he has them.) When someone loses a limb you can just make em one on demand.

I'm not complaining about the strength of the bionics except for maybe painstopper, I know that's the point of the mod to enhance your pawns with bionics you can make, and that's why I was using the mod. But I was able to acquire them relatively quickly in mass and it made things quite a bit easier. If it took even longer to acquire them you wouldn't get to that decked out overpowered point as quickly.
The bionics / synthetics aren't overly strong on their own (maybe the adv ones are, but that's why we want to craft them right? so that's fine) , its just when you get all the bonuses stacked up that things get crazy good.

Perhaps if they required a specific component or something only found from traders with a rarity in line with glitter world meds or something. That way you could still craft them but not quickly. This would make you reliant on traders to get the parts, make losing a limb still possibly problematic. I think in this way it might make it more vanilla in feel, keep more difficulty while still allowing you to craft them just a lot slower, making them more scarce and impactfull.

Painstopper is definitely too strong tho. 0% pain is crazy good, maybe like a 10% or 5% reduction in a rib maybe. Painstopper i think is what made things feel way too strong specially when stacked on top of the adv bionics, and its pretty easy to make. My pawn with the double disease had no hit to consciousness and was above efficiency whereas normally he'd be about to pass out with even a scratch from pain.

Overall all tho I very much enjoyed the mod. Its awesome seeing your pawns move and work like that. Also you don't have to make another version or adjust this one (except painstopper lol), as i'm sure not very many people would like it if the bionics were nearly as rare as vanilla just craftable.

Rah

Thanks for explaining it a bit further. I'm hesitant to add new resources to the mod though like in EPOE, or use something like Uranium or Jade etc, as they can be a bit awkward in-game. Would simply increasing the cost of all the parts be something you could be on board with? I have no problem releasing a hardcore plus version or whatever of the mod, because I know there are people who like to make the game as hard as possible.

Rah

RBSE Master Edition

This version is only recommended for the most experienced Rimworld players looking for the ultimate challenge. All bionic
parts cost a considerable amount of resources to produce. Meant to be played on Cassandra Extreme.

Don't expect to deck out a bionic army with this version, but if you do, I applaud you !

Ruisuki

I really appreciate the care you take into making different versions. Specially after looking at what looks like an amazing mod(medieval times) and noticing stone hearths and stews might make frozen biomes too easy, more choice in difficulty is a really nice thing to have.

Jovus

Sorry if this has been talked over before. I did a quick search of the thread, but my search-fu is weak.

I seem to be unable to take arms and legs as separate organs anymore, as allowed by EPOE. Is this intentional, or am I lacking something? I'm using the RBSE base version (neither lite nor master) and have researched simple prosthetics.

Specifically, I can install a peg leg, but I cannot simply remove a leg or an arm (for example, to transplant onto a colonist from a prisoner).

Thanks!

CutiesDeathCab

Hello, I'm creating a RimWorld Mod Database in my spare time, Would it be alright if I listed your mod on it? (When It has a good number i'll be releasing it so everyone can see, If you'd like it pm'd to you before release please let me know) There will be a link to both THIS topic, as well as a link to the direct download which you have provided, Your name will also be placed with it. Is that alright?

Rah

Quote from: Jovus on March 29, 2017, 09:10:43 PM
Sorry if this has been talked over before. I did a quick search of the thread, but my search-fu is weak.

I seem to be unable to take arms and legs as separate organs anymore, as allowed by EPOE. Is this intentional, or am I lacking something? I'm using the RBSE base version (neither lite nor master) and have researched simple prosthetics.

Specifically, I can install a peg leg, but I cannot simply remove a leg or an arm (for example, to transplant onto a colonist from a prisoner).

Thanks!
Hi Jovus, that is not possible anymore in EPOE as the feature can be quite buggy and unbalanced. However, RBSE has a working A16 limb removal addon file for those who want to have it anyway. Go to the front page and look in the Extras section.

Quote from: CutiesDeathCab on March 29, 2017, 09:30:02 PM
Hello, I'm creating a RimWorld Mod Database in my spare time, Would it be alright if I listed your mod on it? (When It has a good number i'll be releasing it so everyone can see, If you'd like it pm'd to you before release please let me know) There will be a link to both THIS topic, as well as a link to the direct download which you have provided, Your name will also be placed with it. Is that alright?
Hi cutiesdeathcab. Sure, go ahead !