[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on January 22, 2017, 04:32:42 PM
why is the lite version smaller version number? does it mean it lacks features?

It is the exact same as the main version, only with reduced cost on items. The version number is smaller because it was started a bit after the main version.

gendalf

How to install hookhand, I don't see an option?
(tribal start)

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on January 23, 2017, 03:49:06 AM
How to install hookhand, I don't see an option?
(tribal start)

Hookhand and other weird things like golden eyes and wooden feet were removed because I felt like they added very little to the game, except from cluttering it up. Simple prosthetics are available quite early in normal games, but it will take a bit longer to research in the more difficult tribal games of course.

gendalf

Rah, What about animals? Can I finally install a peg leg for my dog? (that also doesn't have a stomach) :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: gendalf on January 23, 2017, 12:46:34 PM
Rah, What about animals? Can I finally install a peg leg for my dog? (that also doesn't have a stomach) :)

Look for the mod "A Dog said...." for animal surgeries, dunno if this is compatible with that or not, but the original EPOE is compatible.

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on January 23, 2017, 12:46:34 PM

Yes, install the "Adogsaid" mod along with the EPOE Hardcore Patch for it on the first page.

gendalf

Do I need a research to extract eyes? I don't see an option.

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on January 24, 2017, 01:17:06 PM
Do I need a research to extract eyes? I don't see an option.
Eye harvest was removed because it was very unrealistic and also intrusive to the bionic aspect of the mod.

gendalf

Can I still heal eye injury with glitter world then?
Also there're ways to transplant parts of an eye irl, so imo it should be an alternative option to glitterworld medicine - take out a healthy eye and then use it with regular medicine to fix problems with a damaged eye.

(btw using it with Less Arbitrary Surgery)

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on January 25, 2017, 10:02:38 AM
Can I still heal eye injury with glitter world then?
Also there're ways to transplant parts of an eye irl, so imo it should be an alternative option to glitterworld medicine - take out a healthy eye and then use it with regular medicine to fix problems with a damaged eye.

(btw using it with Less Arbitrary Surgery)

Yes, old eye injuries can be healed. And bionic eyes are available after you've researched Bionics. Transplanting small eye parts is a bit too much for a game like this I think.

gendalf

Rah, no I meant just curing injuries on eyes using an extracted eye+regular medicine, if I don't have glitterworld medicine. It would simulate the whole small parts transplantation, add another option for healing injuries and no need to remove eye extraction operation.

how to install ADogSaid with lite? it says that it needs original mod but there's only a14 version.

baronjutter

I can't find this on the steam workshop,  is it manual install only?

Rah

Quote from: baronjutter on January 25, 2017, 07:31:15 PM
I can't find this on the steam workshop,  is it manual install only?

Yes, at the moment it's manual only.
-----------------------
1.55 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Cleaned up files and version numbers.
* New Preview image for the mod.
* Mod added to Steam workshop.

eadras

Hello, thanks for the great take on a great mod.  I encountered a bug when using the "upgrade bionic hand" recipe at the advanced bionics workbench.  I had instructed my pawn to force work on the recipe, and he gathered all the materials and had begun work, when I noticed he was tired and at minor break risk.  So i cancelled the forced work - at which point the regular bionic hand was lost, along with some plasteel/components.  It was the result you would expect if you cancelled the work order, but all i did was cancel the forced work instruction.  Could be a bug related to the base mod, but I haven't encountered it before.

Thanks again!

Rah

Quote from: eadras on January 26, 2017, 06:19:38 AM
Hello, thanks for the great take on a great mod.  I encountered a bug when using the "upgrade bionic hand" recipe at the advanced bionics workbench.  I had instructed my pawn to force work on the recipe, and he gathered all the materials and had begun work, when I noticed he was tired and at minor break risk.  So i cancelled the forced work - at which point the regular bionic hand was lost, along with some plasteel/components.  It was the result you would expect if you cancelled the work order, but all i did was cancel the forced work instruction.  Could be a bug related to the base mod, but I haven't encountered it before.

Thanks again!
Hi Eadras, losing materials when cancelling unfinished items is how it is in vanilla unfortunately, but I only got it to disappear randomly when the unfinished object itself was cancelled. Are you sure you cancelled the work order and not the item?