[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlyxnol

Possible bug~~~~

I can't seem to find an option or way to repair a broken left tibia.

I have another colonist with broken ribs and i have the option to repair those.

Since replacing the entire leg should be a solution to not being able to repair the left tibia its not a show stopping bug. However i do believe you intend this to be able to be repaired. It could be something I'm not seeing in how to repair this, i assume its like repairing ribs so if this is not the case let me know.

Thanks, Vlyxnol.

Rah

Hi Vlyxnol, that's not a bug. All destroyed bones in the arms and legs can only be fixed by installing bionic or prosthetic parts. This is to encourage that kind of gameplay. Ribs, sternums and clavicles can be repaired though.

Thorbane

What are the differences in the prosthetics between this and EPOE.  I'm looking at modifying Combat Extended's EPOE compatibility patch to work with this mod.

thinkpad

Rah, I use this mod for A16 Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29371.msg296536#msg296536 and want to know if there is a way to get it to use your advanced Bionic arms as well as use hands for the advanced tool belt, having bionic arms means there are no hands, so I can't equip it.

Any help would be appreciated

Rah

Quote from: thinkpad on June 29, 2017, 03:36:31 AM
Rah, I use this mod for A16 Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29371.msg296536#msg296536 and want to know if there is a way to get it to use your advanced Bionic arms as well as use hands for the advanced tool belt, having bionic arms means there are no hands, so I can't equip it.

Any help would be appreciated

Isn't that what the Rebalanced mod fixes? In the description he says that he replaced the belt with a vest to make the mod work with bionic parts.

thinkpad

Never mind I figured it out

Hammerskyne

Hey Rah, I've got a question and a couple general queries, hopefully you don't mind a little bit of off topic. If this is the wrong place for this kind of thing, my apologies, just let me know and I'll look elsewhere.

First on the question: I noticed from just looking around your defs that 1: Your Power Arm/Advanced Power Arm combo has a manipulation malice, and 2: Your mod's only method for fixing brain damage is a fairly heavy conciousness and forced mental break penalty. Are these intentional? Or just the result of more tiers/types of things for future implementation?

And that leads to the first of my more general queries; I also noticed that your mod lacks any of the greater enhancements, especially the brain based ones, from EPOE. Is this the result of a design philosophy; ie of prosthesis as a replacement for damage/loss of limbs, with advanced ones giving minor boosts? Or is it, again, just a result of this being a snapshot of a longer development plan?

And the second; I noticed while crawling around defs for a few mods that the base game prosthetic and bionics utilize an efficiency increase in place of specific stat offsets, where as both of the larger Bionics mods go the other route. What's the reasoning for this, at least in your mod? I don't actually know what the different outcomes of the different methods are, but I know, for example, the hilariously overpowered Glittertech Bionics use a 200% efficiency as well as a (large) stat increasing offset.

Rah

@Hammerskyne, the manipulation penalty is intentional. The power arm is as strong as a scyther blade, but it actually gives 20% more manipulation when installed on both arms. The advanced power arm gives 40% more and 8 more damage. So they are both very strong.

The neurostimulator actually brings the consciousness back up to 98% in brain damaged colonists. The pain debuff reduces it by 2%. They also get bonuses to manipulation and sight, but they also get some autism-like side effects, like the trauma savant. In earlier versions there was actually no way to fix brain damage, as I personally didn't like the idea of a magical brain implant that could fix consciousness. But after many requests I decided to make the neurostimulator which I feel is a bit more realistic. -- so you get the brain damaged colonist back, but in a different way.

With regards to the EPOE question; If you're talking about the glitter enhancements, I feel like those are very OP, especially stacked with all the other parts. So that's not something I will add to this mod. However, if more skills, bonuses etc. are added to the game, I might make some fun new parts.

As for your last question; they both work in their own way. You can think of, let's say, the legs as two halves, each with 50% efficiency. When you get a bionic leg, which is set to 140%, you actually get 70% added on top of the other leg, which comes out as 120%, with one leg installed. Get two and you receive the full 140% bonus. With the offset bonuses, you just get the percentage bonus described in the text. That's pretty much it, both methods can be used to get the same result.

Mosart

Thank you for lower number of workbrenches from 3 to 2. My workshop will be lesser size now)

ajaviide

Guys i wanted to try CE mod and looked over mods i use. Wanted to make sure if this mod is compatible with CE(combat extended).

Rah

Quote from: ajaviide on July 02, 2017, 10:44:46 AM
Guys i wanted to try CE mod and looked over mods i use. Wanted to make sure if this mod is compatible with CE(combat extended).
I think it is, although it does add armor penetration to parts, so if anyone wants to make a small patch for that, feel free to do that.

Rah

1.71 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Small nerfs to advanced bionic spines and exoskeleton.
* Updated Korean translation and fixed other language issues.

After some testing and feedback I decided to nerf bionic spines, advanced bionic spines and exoskeletons a bit. They now have slightly less movement and manipulation bonuses, which should make things more balanced and not so OP late game. Enjoy !

Exoray

It might just be something I have done but since update I can no longer install advanced bionics, I can set the operation but no colonist will perform the operation, the option when right clicking is gone, my doc has 17 in med and also installed an advanced bionic arm not long before I updated. same mod load order, so im guessing its update related?

Rah

Hi Exoray, I've tested it several times and cannot replicate your problem. The update should not not affect the surgeries at all. Try loading a test game and see if it works there.