[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exoray

Quote from: Rah on July 20, 2017, 06:09:30 PM
Hi Exoray, I've tested it several times and cannot replicate your problem. The update should not not affect the surgeries at all. Try loading a test game and see if it works there.

Ok very strange, tried one more time on my save and wasn't working, started a test game everything worked.
Loaded my save again and its working.
I guess the new game fixed whatever was causing it.
Sorry to be a pain and thanks for the quick response. I cannot play without this mod, Great job :)

Schwartz

This is a very cool take on EPOE and I agree with almost everything you changed about it.

Except scars. They're so common that I wish they were cheaper to fix. Glitter Meds are too rare. Like, I'd gladly give up the whole tier beyond standard Bionics just to have cheaper quality of life stuff available. But then Bionic supermutants never appealed to me. ;)

BlueWinds

Playing RBSE-Hardcore 1.7.0, definitely my favorite bionics / medical mod. I'm using a stripped down version of DE Surguries alongside it though - I removed the DESurgery scar-removal in favor of your version, but still want it for the ability to fix noses/fingers/toes etc.

Two requests:

1) Reduce the scar-removal cost to 2-3 Glitterworld medicine (rather than 4). I love having a use for the stuff, but 4 is just a bit too expensive.
2) Add frostbite scar removal. Probably just an oversight, but I had to copy the surgery def to cure the frostbitten toe one of my pawns spawned with.

Rah

In A17 exotic ships were made to always carry glitter meds, while in A16 they only did sometimes. That's the reason the cost of scar removal was increased by 1, which brought it to 4 in the hardcore version. In the Lite version it costs 3. But I will take another look at it and see if it needs some tweaking. And frostbite cures will be added in the next update; thanks for catching that !

Azrago

Quote from: Exoray on July 20, 2017, 05:31:37 PM
It might just be something I have done but since update I can no longer install advanced bionics, I can set the operation but no colonist will perform the operation, the option when right clicking is gone, my doc has 17 in med and also installed an advanced bionic arm not long before I updated. same mod load order, so im guessing its update related?

I'm having this same issue, but it was happening before the recent update. Can install implants but i am unable to remove carcinoma, install parts or even remove advanced parts from a pawn. No errors or anything, just not letting me do it. I am also unable to force a pawn to do the job. If you need any more info, let me know.

Rah

Do you have any other mod that might be doing something with the surgeries? Because I can't replicate your problem.

Azrago

I looked through the list and don't really see anything. But i just realized that the other person that had this problem sort of found a "fix". Ill try that. Was really just letting you know just in case more people have the problem. My Fault for not reading. Great mod! Love it.

elxxx

I have both EPOE 2.0 and your mod RBSE.  They do conflict with each other.  I kept both, because EPOE 2.0 has rib replacement.  And now, even if i have put the bill to make adrenaline rib, nobody can do it.  Any idea how i can make the adrenaline rib? also, the two workbenches of RBSE is kind of difficult to manage.  I have EPOE Simple prosthetic workbench to make all Simple prosthetic.  I have RBSE bionic workbench to make all simple prosthetic to upgrade to bionic prosthetic.  I have RBSE advanced medical station to make all bionics into advanced bionics.  It would have been good to be able to make all synthetic organs with the EPOE tissue printer instead of the same advanced medical station.  Now i have to wait all advanced bionic to complete, before being able to make the synthetic organs.  Can you allow the synthetic organs to be able to craft in the EPOE tissue printer? And can you allow the crafting of ribs in the EPOE bionics workbench?

kaptain_kavern

This is not meant to play alongside EPOE. They are not compatible and all.

InsanePlumber

Great modification.
Thank you.

P.S.
<!-- I really wonder if anyone ever reads this -->

Apparently yes :D
If you want to do something do it right or do not do it at all.

I always say or write what I think.
Well, but political correctness?
I'm not a politician...
I Am A Human.

myfirstme

Like your mod, but now stumbled over a potential bug: I installed a simple prosthetic leg in a prosthophile pawn, but still got the mood debuf from no bionic body part installed. Did you only define bionic body parts as bionic (so that they are recognizable by the game and the debug goes away) or are no self-crafted artificial body parts so defined in your mod? Could you please change that?

Schwartz

Simple parts don't count as bionic. This is good because prostophobes aren't completely screwed, and prostophiles require some investment to get their (massive) mood buff. And when you think about it, the reasoning behind these buffs and debuffs centers around it being wrong to make fleshy or at least flesh-like, artificially enhanced parts. Simple parts are just mechanical.

myfirstme

Ah, but as long as self-crafted bionic parts count as such I'm completely fine with that. Makes sense, too. But was worried that no self-crafted parts count as bionic and since you need quite a few resources to craft bionic parts, that'd be a shame.