[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarae

I'm having an error that is definitely a mod conflict, with either Razzle Dazzle or Recon and Discovery plus... something else in my load order. I did the method of adding mods one after the other until the error occurred (sadly my memory is shite and I don't remember which one I added that made it choke, but it was definitely one of the two), but the error doesn't happen with just these two + this mod.

(Ftr I'm not expecting/demanding a fix or anything, just giving a heads up. Which is probably obvious but I have brainbugs that make me need to say that or I feel demanding.)

https://pastebin.com/x2iXawvz

ETA: had the same issue with Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats, seems to be whatever you're both doing that makes them incompatible with each other, at a guess.

Thirite

Yeah, any mods that modify how pawns are drawn in game will conflict with CnP. That's a known caveat of using it for now.

hawkinator

This is relatively minor, but I'm not seeing the contraceptive in the drug policies window, i was planning on putting them all on the pill once every 15 days but It doesn'tvseem to show up in there.

Thirite

Hum, must be missing some tag I guess. Penox shows up in there I assume?

alexander_q

Unable to add babies to caravans. Intentional, known bug or not yet implemented?

hawkinator

Quote from: Thirite on July 03, 2017, 01:37:05 AM
Hum, must be missing some tag I guess. Penox shows up in there I assume?

Yes, penoxycyline shows up in there. I have a few other mods, including some that add other drugs (vegetable garden, mostly, I think). There are three other drugs with the prescription only behavior. (Antibiotics, Flu Ez, and Ibuprofen)

sidfu

if i remember right it has to be medicne or drink tag on it to give while in bed.

kiesu

Quote from: Thirite on December 28, 2016, 09:55:34 AM
Human incest is very rare in game, but I'm going to make any direct relationship (ie: sibling,parent,grandparent) have a decent chance to cause a deformity.
The deformity chance from incest is still very low even in real life (only about 7-8% more common than in normal couples, meaning 90% of children born from incest are still completely fine (this was in last years global birthrate study)). Problems are more common when mothers are sick, intoxicated, mentally unstable or old.
I didnt actually even know incest was possible in RimWorld, lol. Never seen it happen even with hookups, but then again i rarely get many colonists with relatives during a game.

Downloaded and tested this, got my first baby pretty fast (ironically he got named Loser). Parents broke up like two days after the birth and mom already has a new fiance, that lady really gets around.

Is it normal that newborn baby is constantly in need of rescuing? My trained dogs are picking the baby up literally from his bed to the same bed like ten times a day some days. Other days Loser is completely fine and nobody needs to pay mind to him. It seems somewhat random so I'm not sure whats causing the chain rescue alerts.

Would it be possible to include breastfeeding to newborns? I feel weird stuffing muffalo beef down a week old babys throat, lol. Or if mom is dead/unable to feed there could be like a milk substitute made from small amounts of animal milk or soy/almond milk (kinda hardcore mechanic maybe but I like my colony life brutal, and theres no soy/almonds in Rimworld so idk, invent a new rimsoy? hah)

Lazarae

Quote from: kiesu on July 03, 2017, 06:43:01 PMWould it be possible to include breastfeeding to newborns? I feel weird stuffing muffalo beef down a week old babys throat, lol. Or if mom is dead/unable to feed there could be like a milk substitute made from small amounts of animal milk or soy/almond milk (kinda hardcore mechanic maybe but I like my colony life brutal, and theres no soy/almonds in Rimworld so idk, invent a new rimsoy? hah)

Breastfeeding and milk substitute have been discussed!

RNG was absolutely evil and I decided to play it anyway, but I wanted to share. I have the crashlanding mod, which means you land with nothing but whatever you manage to salvage from burning chunks that rain down from the sky (for those unfamiliar). I went easy mode with three starting colonists, but any more have to be rescued. They were: Lorenzo, 8 year old kid. His aspiring pop-idol-turned-assassin sister Missy, 21. And 14-year-old vatgrown combat medic Psyche (traits: psychopath, prostopophile, too smart). It's got me writing again, trying to figure out how an assassin ended up on a ship with her baby brother. And a barely-teenager combat medic psychopath is the kind of character I want to figure out how ticks.

Missy hooked up with one of the survivors from a cryosleep block crash, Harvey, and is already pregnant. I haven't even played a quadrum and the mod has already invited such deep story.

There may be a soft incompatibility with crashlanding, as I didn't get any children in cryosleep block crashes. It may have just been RNG not cooperating, or it might just not drop kids.

NickWylsonChoucroute55120

Now at level of consciousness 0% (100% malnutrition for example) the characters die, so the bug is resolved.
But when the level of consciousness is low enough that normally the person falls to the ground and does not move (95% extreme malnutrition for example), the person moves by being unconscious once every two (she gets up and moves very slowly)
It is noticeable during a toxic rain on wild animals.
Sorry, my English language is not good because I use "google translation"

Dragoon

Is there a way to remove the Simple Beard Framework? Id like to use a different mod. And while this one is good. The show hair one just having a switch for yes or no is just better for me.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

sidfu

Quote from: Dragoon on July 05, 2017, 08:34:36 AM
Is there a way to remove the Simple Beard Framework? Id like to use a different mod. And while this one is good. The show hair one just having a switch for yes or no is just better for me.

nope there no way. right now the author should focus on going from a detour that overwrites to using harmony so a billion mods that add textures or do something with a pawn aren't incompatible.

Thirite

sidfu is right, removing the SBF would only remove functionality but would not have any benefits. You still couldn't use another mod which changed pawn drawing with CnP regardless. I still need to update the SBF standalone as it's a great solution for drawing beards/hair under a hat.

PixelBitZombie

Technically Facial Stuff works with CaP, just don't have beards and I believe literally just 1 hair style causes a giant white/grey/black block over the character. Just one hairstyle. Other than that you get the full features, skin color, new hair etc. I've never used SBF, but I imagine this is pretty much the same but more compatibility? Maybe someone else can give more info, but the mod works well for me, just no beards.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

dodger0788

Im not wntirely sure if this is just my game but when I use this mod and the zombieland mod the models for the babies show up instead of the zombie models so I end up with a horde of bloodthirsty canabalistic babies who will infect you and turn you into a baby.