[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Guess I have to start a new save file for this...? My existing children won't draw & this error ticks thousands of times when I mouse the map over where they used to be:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.PawnGraphicSet.MatsBodyBaseAt (Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode) <0x00087>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch0 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x0031a>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x0007d>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00209>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0002a>
at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00032>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings_Patch1 (object,Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x0021a>
at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () <0x0012c>
at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () <0x0005c>
at Verse.Root_Play.Update () <0x0004c>

Kalista

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on July 24, 2017, 10:37:40 AM
Guess I have to start a new save file for this...? My existing children won't draw & this error ticks thousands of times when I mouse the map over where they used to be:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.PawnGraphicSet.MatsBodyBaseAt (Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode) <0x00087>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch0 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x0031a>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x0007d>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00209>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0002a>
at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00032>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings_Patch1 (object,Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x0021a>
at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () <0x0012c>
at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () <0x0005c>
at Verse.Root_Play.Update () <0x0004c>

I've been having that exact same problem since the B update along with C having the odd crash again on generating a new world tho I only started a couple new worlds with B before the C update hit.

edit: I should also add in that when using prepare carefully hitting random till you get a child to pop also doesn;t draw the pawn and shoots errors in the log as well for a new game in C.

Rocket_Raccoon

I have a similar problem since 0.3b or so. With the latest patch this error(s) came.

Thirite

Bleh, I just noticed this bug myself too. The children were drawing fine, somehow, until a new child popped on the map causing tonnes of this error. I almost have it fixed, though.

Updated to v0.3d Testing Version
- Fixed major error on child rendering

Tenshi~Akari

OK, thanks! So that newest updated got them to draw...

Although now, I'm coming across a few graphical glitches for already existing pawns still. I have mods that actually draw the pants on pawns, and those pants are showing kind of "split"... this doesn't seem to do this with newly made pawns, but I know with pawns made prior to the updates (whether through saves or EdB Prepare Carefully), this glitch happens most on "average male" body types, but sometimes I see it on Hulks, too. Even making them replace the clothing produces this for some reason.

Other instance of graphic issues I'm seeing is the kids now take on the clothes of the body types they were set to grow into when they turn 13 as opposed to the fitted clothes for children they had before... currently I have an 8 y/o hulk roaming around the base & didn't know it.

(EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to attach screenshot... examples of what I'm talking about below...)

And last thing, though I just want to check... is the beard framework still in play with the updates as well? Noticed all those graphics have reverted to the Vanilla version of baldness for all the hairs I had set to show underneath hats. If not, is it safe to see if this will now work with other mods that enable hats with hair underneath?

EDIT #2: Also reporting back in again, just experienced first instance of world gen crash... was trying to grab a log of a series of errors I had come across trying to test a new map, but seems to be kind of iffy on whether it goes through completely or not.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Kalista

I'm getting this error an awful lot now on map and world gen ( along with a random crash on generating a new world every so often still).

[HugsLib][ERR] Failed to apply Harmony patches for HugsLib.Children_and_Pregnancy. Exception was: System.Exception: Wrong null argument: br
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.<FinalizeILCodes>b__17_4 (Harmony.CodeInstruction codeInstruction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[CodeInstruction] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Now I'll be entirely upfront on this. I am a fairly new player so I'm still trying to figure out all the error logging and stuff (luckly I've played enough unity games that its not hard). I'm also using 2 listed incompatible mods ( Psychology and The Birds and the Bees) that up till v0.3 weren't having these kind of issues. Wanted that out there incase its this causing the conflicts but up till the newest version I haven't had any issues at all.

edit: just loaded this mod alone several times without that same error so its likely one of my mods conflicting with this so disreguard for now.

Thirite

Updated to v0.3e Testing Version
- Merged updates to Japanese translation by Proxyer

Icefrenzy

Can confirm that this mod still doesn't play well with the Alien Humanoid Framework mod as I had a 11 yr old refugee spawn and was invisible with the mod on.

Edit: I`m getting this bug where pawns under 13 yr old and above toddler age don`t render. Mod list should be fully compatible as I turned off Alien Humanoid Framework and any associated mods with it.

Tenshi~Akari

Still having random World Generation crashes, using 0.3e (even though I know the issue hasn't been addressed quite yet)... I think this happens whenever it's trying to add child pawns into the mix somehow, but looking at the crash log, these were the red errors I had seen that had popped up one time & was trying to get to happen again, but just running into crashes instead...

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Male_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Male, color=RGBA(1.000, 0.937, 0.835, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Male_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Male, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/HumanoidDessicated_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/HumanoidDessicated, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

I can still play my current save, but still experiencing those awkward visuals shown in my last post. (Apparently it's not just kids, but adults with that weird pants glitch for any body type, and even thin adults are stuck with sized-down for kids clothes.)

In the meantime, I might make a quick jet back a couple of versions until the next update is ready. Will be waiting patiently to test again.  ;)

Thirite

@Tenshi~Akari
Yeah, I suppose any mods which add features to pawn rendering without taking children's scale into account are prone to bizarre effects.

@Icefrenzy
Huh, Alien Races Framework works 100% for me.

Thought I fixed that bug though... I guess I'll have to investigate what's going on. By the looks of it is trying to load graphics of an async thread. Hum.

Thirite

@Tenshi~Akari
Oh, I forgot to answer: No, the Simple Beard Framework has been removed for now. I'm going to be making a proper A17 standalone with new features and uses Harmony rather than detours. The only reason I packaged SBF with C&P previously was because the old detouring method required me to if you wanted to be able to have them both at the same time.

Updated to v0.3f
- Fixed a bug resulting in game crash on world gen- hopefully this fixed rendering issues some users are having too

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Tenshi~Akari

@Thirite: Ok, just wondering. After I check around the newer update, gonna try a few mods I had to disable before for that to see what happens.  Thanks again! :D

EDIT: UGH... hate to report it so soon, still experienced a world gen crash... Now it's happening after the failed loading of the "fat" body type graphics.

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Fat_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Fat, color=RGBA(1.000, 0.937, 0.813, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Fat_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Fat, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/HumanoidDessicated_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/HumanoidDessicated, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Also tried again a second time, crashed again, this time it was the female body type... might want to check all the other body types just in case? Going to see if my save file shows any signs of issues, but as far as making new colonies goes, it's still not working as it should.

metky

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 23, 2017, 10:41:45 PM
Maybe some people who have tested this mod with Psychology can tell me exactly what goes wrong when used together?  I want to figure out whether it's something I could go in there and focus down in a couple sessions of figure-outtery.

Honestly the only stuff I've noticed is surrounding mayorship:
- babies attending meetings with the mayor
- kids running for and winning elections (I haven't seen babies do this, only kids with full work functionality)

Kalista

Quote from: metky on July 26, 2017, 09:40:24 AM
Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 23, 2017, 10:41:45 PM
Maybe some people who have tested this mod with Psychology can tell me exactly what goes wrong when used together?  I want to figure out whether it's something I could go in there and focus down in a couple sessions of figure-outtery.
Honestly the only stuff I've noticed is surrounding mayorship:
- babies attending meetings with the mayor
- kids running for and winning elections (I haven't seen babies do this, only kids with full work functionality)
I've had a 5 day old baby win an election with it on so its entirely possible for that to happen.