[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Alien Races compatibility will be coming shortly with any luck. I've already converted all the hard detours to Harmony patches; now it's just a matter of finishing the last few things I already had planned before looking at how Alien Races affects the RenderPawnInternal code instruction set to ensure the Alien Races code injections don't clash with mine. I would also like to eventually integrate full functionality with Alien Races so they can have custom children as well. But obviously that will be lower priority until I finish the other stuff I have planned.

Btw, using dev tools to make a human pregnant/ give birth without the C&P mod active will just result in a normal looking pawn that moves/works very slowly; you won't get anything that really resembles or acts like a child.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Thirite on July 21, 2017, 07:23:23 PM
Alien Races compatibility will be coming shortly with any luck. I've already converted all the hard detours to Harmony patches; now it's just a matter of finishing the last few things I already had planned before looking at how Alien Races affects the RenderPawnInternal code instruction set to ensure the Alien Races code injections don't clash with mine. I would also like to eventually integrate full functionality with Alien Races so they can have custom children as well. But obviously that will be lower priority until I finish the other stuff I have planned.

Btw, using dev tools to make a human pregnant/ give birth without the C&P mod active will just result in a normal looking pawn that moves/works very slowly; you won't get anything that really resembles or acts like a child.

not to sound entitled... but how soon??? lol im just psyched to hear that a compatibility patch is coming, which means kids for my colony... which means i got more extra parts to sale for profits lol

and regarding using dev tools to make kids, yeah i noticed it too. it feels like they are just pets.. so i treated them like pets in game as well lol... but still doesn't feel like right playing with them around...

Thirite

It could still be a bit off. Probably a week max? You can track my progress via the Issue Tracker on github, here: https://github.com/thirite/ChildrenAndPregnancy/issues

Thirite

Updated to initial v0.3 Testing Version
- Completely removed all hard detours and replaced them with Harmony Patches
- Alien Races Framework compatible! (no Alien Children yet, sorry)
- Functioning crib added that is prioritized over standard beds for children
- Children will now drop weapons too large for them when they fire them, possibly injuring them in the process (dependent on weapon mass)
- Made babies not "fall out" of bed when they wake up to cry, no longer requiring a pawn to put them back in bed
- Created a proper workgiver for breastfeeding babies
- Mothers now get the "Lactating" hediff after delivery which allows them to breastfeed babies

I didn't have much time to test it, so there may be new bugs that I haven't encountered- particularly with the new breastfeeding mechanics.

Updated to v0.3a Testing Version
- Updated Russian translation and added English placeholders for new strings for Korean & Japanese translations

sidfu

well alien children would require switching everything from pawn human thats used to pawn male/female i think. then would need to add a percentage chance of either mother or father race if say u have a asari mother and a norbal dad.

Thirite

Interbreeding isn't really high on the priority list, though I suppose it wouldn't be any more difficult to design than what I already have planned. In the future, custom humanlike races will be able to have a "Children.xml" file which will define their race's baby/toddler/child graphics as well as some other customizable features.

TA1980

Dear Thirite,

does this now work with Facial Stuff?

Regards

Luftytwo

Hi!
First of all I want to say how much I've enjoyed this mod, it really makes me play the game as I want to, so thank you for your hard work!
So far I hadn't encountered any "game breaking" glitches, but unfortunately with the newest update my colonists are no longer performing the "lovin'" action. Additionally it made my game crash :(
The crash error was an Access Violation, and I believe the colonists are attempting to conceive, as they are kind of getting up (for a millisecond) and are far more likely to do random tasks in the middle of the night.
If there is any additional information I can provide to help, please let me know!
Edit; Crash was bc ive never messed with modded stuff before and I believe it was bc i had the mods in the wrong order.
Only installed "prepare carefully" & hugslib and it still had the problem of not doing the lovin.

SpaceDorf

Awesome Update.

A question though, just out of interest  .. Did you enable humans for multiple births ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Rocket_Raccoon

My colonists dont have sex anymore since the lastest update.
Also the newborns still got fed with regular food
Oh, and how to put them into the cribs?

Thirite

@Luftytwo
Uh oh. Looks like I did something very wrong. I can probably take a look at it tonight and see what's going wrong with the Lovin' action.

@SpaceDorf
Heh, that's another one of vanilla's mechanics. You can get twins and triplets. Might be a good idea to limit it to twins though.

@Rocket_Raccoon
For breastfeeding to work I believe a woman with the lactating hediff mist be set to doctoring. Otherwise they will simply eat normal food. You should be able to assign children and younger to a crib just like a normal bed, and doctors should prioritize taking babies to cribs (particularly if they are set as Medical).

@TA1980
Probably not; I haven't tested it, and Alien Races Framework which doesn't modify Pawn Rendering as much as Facial Stuff does took a bit of configuring to make them work together without issue.

Updated to v0.3b Testing Version
- Fixed error on Lovin' action
- Fixed crash on map generation for new game

Soupy Delicious

Maybe some people who have tested this mod with Psychology can tell me exactly what goes wrong when used together?  I want to figure out whether it's something I could go in there and focus down in a couple sessions of figure-outtery.

So, anyone?

Thirite

Updated to v0.3c Testing Version
- Fixed a bug in the pawn health tracker resulting in pawns not dying from lethal hediffs
- Fixed an oversight where you would get a notification that a weapon was too heavy to use for a child that was not in your faction

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Thirite on July 24, 2017, 12:11:40 AM
- Fixed a bug in the pawn health tracker resulting in pawns not dying from lethal hediffs
- Fixed an oversight where you would get a notification that a weapon was too heavy to use for a child that was not in your faction

Oh, I just had such a funny sight in my head. Enemies don't bring their babies along to their raids, do they?  Bahahaha

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 24, 2017, 03:42:54 AM
Quote from: Thirite on July 24, 2017, 12:11:40 AM

Oh, I just had such a funny sight in my head. Enemies don't bring their babies along to their raids, do they?  Bahahaha

Five year olds were the youngest I have seen in raids.
But if you are refering to DF were Females carry their Babys into Battle .. that would be an awesome sight in Rimworld  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.