[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

I got a tip off from a random anon the mod in question was specifically designed to allow things like detailed pederasty/child sexual abuse etc. with my mod. So I in turn made my mod specifically designed to not work with it. If you don't like it you can build your own mod with my modified source. And at the end of the day, if I made a couple pederasts butthurt then those few lines of shittily written "load the game forever" code have served their purpose.

Napple

So what are you working on for the next release?

Thirite

Done already:
- Russian translation (from native speaker)
- Some fixes to the drawing code relating to children and beards
- Parents hugging their kids (Adds good thought and positive relations)

In Progress
- French translation
- Parents playing with baby to improve baby mood

Planned, not started
- Breast feeding
- Kids playing games with each other (patty cake, tag)

This update has been very slow progress though as I've been spending a lot of my time contributing to the Community Animal Project to code a library that allows animals to have variable graphics as well as dynamically changing winter coats based on outdoor temperature. But I think I'm pretty much finished making it outside minor bugfixing so I should have more time to work on this.

Armyguy

Quote from: Thirite on March 04, 2017, 01:22:57 AM
I got a tip off from a random anon the mod in question was specifically designed to allow things like detailed pederasty/child sexual abuse etc. with my mod. So I in turn made my mod specifically designed to not work with it. If you don't like it you can build your own mod with my modified source. And at the end of the day, if I made a couple pederasts butthurt then those few lines of shittily written "load the game forever" code have served their purpose.
What mod are your talking about? the one we are talking about is the one form /vg/ and it has none of that in it.

nethrez1m

Neither of those two things you accusing %that% mod for are in there. Oh well.
Previously you were talking about that you know the other modding communities, one of them is the Minecraft, am i right?
So do you know the mod for it that is called "Gregtech"?
Quote from: Armyguy on March 04, 2017, 05:15:59 AM
What mod are your talking about? the one we are talking about is the one form /vg/ and it has none of that in it.
What are you talking about? You don't need to get into details when you are a knight of justice and holiness in the shining armors, with the glowing golden nimbus spinning over your head. Well, at least when you consider yourself as one.

Armyguy

Quote from: nethrez1m on March 04, 2017, 05:35:39 AM
What are you talking about? You don't need to get into details when you are a knight of justice and holiness in the shining armors, with the glowing golden nimbus spinning over your head. Well, at least when you consider yourself as one.
The one we are talking about is a sex mod like the old romance mod all it looks for is pawn and not dead do to the min age in the unmoded game is 14 (from what i see) pederasty more or less can't come up useing that mod.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Armyguy on March 04, 2017, 05:48:20 AM
The one we are talking about is a sex mod like the old romance mod all it looks for is pawn and not dead do to the min age in the unmoded game is 14 (from what i see) pederasty more or less can't come up useing that mod.

...so if that mod isn't checking for age, what happens when the min age is modded down to 0, pray tell?

I don't agree with the way in which the mod incompatibility was implemented, but your "but it's not even this mod" defense is flawed*, and so lacking moral high ground. I'm not even going to touch your 14 isn't pederasty/child abuse implication; that speaks volumes on its own.

*  (Not just because you're inaccurately presenting it in terms of an unmodded game, but also rhetorically: OK, so which mods should be blocked?)

Quote from: Thirite on March 04, 2017, 02:51:38 AM
In Progress
- French translation
- Parents playing with baby to improve baby mood

Can parents playing with baby improve parent mood, too, please? Or add joy? Playtime is fun for everybody.

Balance-wise, tantrums and disciplining and desperately trying to figure out what this kid will eat and why they won't go back to sleep usually create the offsetting significant mood/joy decreases.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

nethrez1m

Quote from: Tammabanana on March 04, 2017, 08:04:28 AM
Quote from: Armyguy on March 04, 2017, 05:48:20 AM

...so if that mod isn't checking for age, what happens when the min age is modded down to 0, pray tell?

I don't agree with the way in which the mod incompatibility was implemented, but your "but it's not even this mod" defense is flawed*, and so lacking moral high ground. I'm not even going to touch your 14 isn't pederasty/child abuse implication; that speaks volumes on its own.

*  (Not just because you're inaccurately presenting it in terms of an unmodded game, but also rhetorically: OK, so which mods should be blocked?)
But %that% mod does checks for age in the ~same manner as the original Rimworld does. So it probably shouldn't be blamed for a child abuse if you don't blame the game itself as well.
Personally I think it's only the author's choice to block any other mod - because users are free in choice of mods and authors. But i think that authors should give the info about the blocking done in the malicious way.

Added:
Quote from: metky on March 04, 2017, 08:13:54 AM
It's a rape mod.
The sex need/STD mechanic is pretty tame & could be interesting for additional psychology traits or relationship dynamics, but mostly I see it around because it allows tagging prisoners for rape (not to mention adding a nympho trait that allows raping sleeping colonists.)

I 100% support any modder that rigs their code to crash that mod since it's obviously easily circumvented (in the current implementation) and ultimately just making a statement.
It's harsh game.
The eat need/organ removal mechanic is pretty tame & could be interesting for additional psychology traits or relationship dynamics, but mostly I see it around because it allows butchering prisoners for meat and organs (not to mention adding a cannibal trait that allows eating dead colonists.)

I 0% support any modder that rigs their code to crash that game since it's obviously easily circumvented (in the current implementation) and ultimately just making a statement.

Thirite

I did it for laughs to upset degenerates. That simple.

nethrez1m

Quote from: Thirite on March 04, 2017, 11:51:08 AM
I did it for laughs to upset degenerates. That simple.
The only thing for a proud degenerate here to be upset about is monochromacy itself as the phenomena, not the actions monochromats take due to their illness. It's about the cause, not the consequence.

Thirite

@Tammabanana
Right, that won't be hard to modify. I haven't started child specific tantrums though- don't want to try shoving too much into one update.

LordBitter

Armyguy

Quote from: Tammabanana on March 04, 2017, 08:04:28 AM

No if you read it was "pederasty more or less can't come up useing that mod." as the in game low is 14 and as the mod used the in-game loven to start the 14y old pawn will need to be married 1st and so the unmoded game can have 14y old's marry and doing it before we the get mod to start working and that's why i say "pederasty more or less can't come up useing that mod."
And my starting comment was on Thirites "I got a tip off from a random anon the mod in question was specifically designed to allow things like detailed pederasty/child sexual abuse etc. with my mod." in that as the mod is only looking for pawns its not "specifically designed" to "allow things like detailed pederasty/child sexual abuse etc. with my mod" its that the modder.
A did not know and mods added in sub 14y old pawns or.
B Did know but was not going to work on adding support for a mod that form what i can see in /vg/ no one at /vg/ is useing /vg/ being the anons hes making the mod for.
A or B are still not that "specifically designed" Thirite saying.

eadras

What the actual f*ck?  Can someone please ban these creepers?

I do like your way of dealing with it though, Thriite.  Very funny...

No bugs so far on my playthrough.  Nice work!

Lennbolt7

Quote from: eadras on March 04, 2017, 07:31:10 PM
What the actual f*ck?  Can someone please ban these creepers?

I do like your way of dealing with it though, Thriite.  Very funny...

No bugs so far on my playthrough.  Nice work!
These creepy fucks are on another site, so no. It is pretty funny though.
Edit: Skullywag made a good point. The modder(s) are only creepy if they knew it could happen and did nothing.