[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

You might have other mods installed which affect the pawn rendering. I've never seen that bizarre bug before.

Rimrue

I had a child generate without a head back in A16. I saved and reloaded and her head loaded just fine after that. :)

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Rimrue on July 13, 2017, 10:48:45 PM
I had a child generate without a head back in A16. I saved and reloaded and her head loaded just fine after that. :)

Lol this is slightly different. If you look closely you can see the childs eyes right in the Neck Hole. Specifically for whatever reason it made the shirt 10x bigger than the child.
And yes @Thirite, I believe this was caused by FacialStuff, which gives no errors other than saying it's incompatible. I've ran FacialStuff since I've used this mod. Literally the only thing broken is no beards and I guess getting children to generate in Colonist Selection.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Rimrue

I didn't take any screenshots, so can't tell you if it's exactly the same or not, but my pawn did look pretty much like that. So maybe it wasn't a case of not generating a head but generating clothing in such a way that the head appeared to be missing? Lol

I didn't have any other mods installed at the time, though, and have never seen it happen since. So not sure what caused it. But reloading the game fixed it.

Thirite

Well, as you can see from the Prepare Carefully menu the colonist is not actually a baby- they're 12 years old, but for whatever reason they are using the graphics of a newborn. Regardless, Facial Stuff is known to be incompatible, and that's unfortunately probably not going to change once I transfer the hard detours to Harmony patches.

Orpheus

Quote from: Thirite on July 12, 2017, 11:01:00 PM
The thing is, it's not my job to patch other people's code...
I absolutely agree.  I don't mean to suggest that this should be your responsibility, and I'm inclined to agree that actually you probably shouldn't do it.  I mentioned it more to raise the fact that individual users of your (or any) mod could do this with their own private copy of it, if it was particularly important to them that it was compatible with a specific other mod, and if it turned out to be simpler than directly editing the other mod (which might be the case if the second mod in question was programmed very sloppily or awkwardly).

Undeadbanana

Quote from: sidfu on July 13, 2017, 12:21:24 PM
thirite isnt the main issue C&P have with other mods is that where they all using hugs/harmony children mod still using a hard detour?

A question about detours, when a mod uses hard detours, that means the mod is saying it wants PawnRenderer (or whatever) to be solely reserved for its usage, right?

So... Core PawnRenderer =  ;D

But then C&P detours it and turns it into  :)

And when mods use Harmony, PawnRenderer stays ;D but mods using Harmony can use ;D without changing the original function?

So then if I load Facial Stuff with C&P, despite it using Harmony now, the PawnRenderer will be :) because C&P is detouring it?

Sorry, all this coding talk all over the mod forums has gotten me interested. Plus I'd really like to fix my Research trees when I've got tons of mods.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Undeadbanana on July 15, 2017, 02:39:28 AM
"So then if I load Facial Stuff with C&P"

The thing about FacialStuff though it hasn't been updated in awhile. I believe when a17 came out, it was put out and then never updated. So it's possible FS just needs an update to maybe, possibly fix the no beards issue. It does say incompatible, please turn either off. However in the real world once loaded has no negative consequences in the game other than no facial hair and 1 piece of head hair that causes a black/grey square over the characters face. Unless Tyan puts in new facial things I can't give up both, both C&P and FS are great mods. FS gives more color to characters, new hair and beards. Obviously we know what C&P does  ;D

Basically don't be scared to use FS with C&P if you don't mind losing the beards.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Soupy Delicious

Oh my god.  I can't believe this mod actually exists :0

When I first started playing rimworld a week ago one of my biggest excitements was the scrumptious end goal of keeping a child ALIVE through the years in rimworld, and seeing them grow and become useful.  And you're tellin me it's in the game?! bwaaah?

I might have to ditch Psychology mod for this one, I might I might, but you and Linq need to get together and make a baby of your own, if you know what I mean ;D

Good job.  Seriously!

Lennbolt7

I can't say I expected this, but birds and the bees doesn't seem to affect this mod in any way. Neither does Phileas' extended human body simulation.

Thirite

@UndeadBanana
You've got it pretty much right, but for one thing: each class (eg: PawnRenderer) is an object with a series commands (called methods in C#). Rather than detouring the entire object, you only need to detour one of the methods inside it. In this case, RenderPawnInternal.

@PixelBitZombie
Interesting; it's surprising they work at all together. But even with minor rendering errors I think it's fair to regard them as incompatible.

@SoupyDelicious
Haha, thanks.

@Lennbolt7
Interesting. I expected them to conflict somehow back when hard detours were the norm; I suppose it would make perfect sense now for them not to conflict at all.

metky

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 15, 2017, 06:17:45 AM
I might have to ditch Psychology mod for this one, I might I might, but you and Linq need to get together and make a baby of your own, if you know what I mean ;D

Good job.  Seriously!

It's still totally useable with Psychology. You get weird quirks like children becoming mayor, but otherwise nothing I've considered game-breaking (so far).

Soupy Delicious

I consider that immersion breaking, and immersion is what i play this game for xP  but good to hear its still playable.

Tenshi~Akari

Reporting in, because I've seen this mentioned on the last page about certain mods, I'm running Rumors & Deception, Romance Diversified, and Razzle Dazzle and really haven't come across any game-breaking issues on my end, so kind of confused as to what I should be looking out for from those that doesn't play friendly with this one? The only thing I've seen is kids having random urges to ask for hook-ups, but THANKFULLY every single time it fails, which I guess has to attribute to the age checks already implemented in C&P already since the vanilla interactions for attempting to woo other colonists also fails? Not sure, but this happened a lot before I turned the rate down in that RD's options, so I think it's safe to say on my end kids won't get caught up in the "romance" side of things, despite what additional orientation traits they're generated with in that mod. (Then again, I'm a modding n00b, so I'm just making assumptions based on what I've experienced in-game so far...)  :-[

Outside of that, things seem pretty normal.

-----------

Also noting, first little jellybean has finally arrived, and it's so funny watching colonists running around to feed cookies to the kiddo whenever he cries.  ;D

Looking forward to the crib option officially whenever it gets done. I kinda did move that folder into the proper directory on my end just to see how it would work & just made it a regular medical bed for now. Just have to micro-manage to make sure my older pawns don't shove themselves into them when they get sick & those are empty.  ::)

Lennbolt7

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on July 15, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
Reporting in, because I've seen this mentioned on the last page about certain mods, I'm running Rumors & Deception, Romance Diversified, and Razzle Dazzle and really haven't come across any game-breaking issues on my end, so kind of confused as to what I should be looking out for from those that doesn't play friendly with this one? The only thing I've seen is kids having random urges to ask for hook-ups, but THANKFULLY every single time it fails, which I guess has to attribute to the age checks already implemented in C&P already since the vanilla interactions for attempting to woo other colonists also fails? Not sure, but this happened a lot before I turned the rate down in that RD's options, so I think it's safe to say on my end kids won't get caught up in the "romance" side of things, despite what additional orientation traits they're generated with in that mod. (Then again, I'm a modding n00b, so I'm just making assumptions based on what I've experienced in-game so far...)  :-[

Outside of that, things seem pretty normal.

-----------

Also noting, first little jellybean has finally arrived, and it's so funny watching colonists running around to feed cookies to the kiddo whenever he cries.  ;D

Looking forward to the crib option officially whenever it gets done. I kinda did move that folder into the proper directory on my end just to see how it would work & just made it a regular medical bed for now. Just have to micro-manage to make sure my older pawns don't shove themselves into them when they get sick & those are empty.  ::)

I didn't even notice these were supposedly incompatible. I use them as well and haven't noticed a single issue. Adding psychology breaks pawn interaction completely though. not sure if that's a conflict with this or something else.