[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

Is there a way to remove the crying from toddlers at the walking stage?  I understand kids cry at this age, not as often but still do, however... its kind of obnoxious :)

MoisterOyster

I've been waiting to see a mod like this for a long time.

ZE

wonder if this mod could be changed to take advantage of alien races? so that one could spawn babies of varying race, even hybrid races and mutations? such that lineage could be traced back atleast 4 generations

example ;
Human + Crystalloid = Hucryst
Hucryst + Human = Human or Hucryst
Human? + Human = Human...
but then this Human grows a psionic node!!

somethin like that

sidfu

Quote from: ZE on October 12, 2017, 09:33:56 AM
wonder if this mod could be changed to take advantage of alien races? so that one could spawn babies of varying race, even hybrid races and mutations? such that lineage could be traced back atleast 4 generations

example ;

somethin like that
wouldnt work well as tht be to many combinations

what he should do is just have it rng onn weather it be based on the mother or the father when there more than 1 race. so if it was a asari and a human i twould randomly chose 1 to base child after.

Gizborn

Kids screams are so damn annoying as you forced to hear them eveyday. A-a-and there's also annoying mood debuff for barrack if you place the crib. And to make it worse, after updating mod from 0.2 to 0.3 kids now only eat normal food instead of breastfeeding and it's such damn big pain in the ass... So I guess I'll delete this mod for now.

Kolljak

My game just seems to randomly crash constantly. with just the bare minimum mods.

running
HugsLib
JecsTools
DDA Security [for testing purposes]
Stuffed floors
Archtectual Senses
Childs Pregs
Cupro's Stones
Cupro's Alloys

I hope the crash dump helps.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Diana Winters

example ;

somethin like that

Well, that would depend on how liberally you apply genetic engineering and on the alien.

robotguy4

Quote from: Diana Winters on October 16, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

example ;

somethin like that

Well, that would depend on how liberally you apply genetic engineering and on the alien.

Ok, so this is what I've actually been messing with.

So far, I'm just focusing on doing what I believe is called a hard patch of the game. Currently using Orassans with no hybridization.

I believe that a new XML file defining the reproductive and developmental behaviours of the alien races will need to be created at some point in the future to facilitate race creators.

So far, I've modified the human pregnancy hediff to work with Orassans. The graphics of the offspring still need to be tweaked.

Awrawra

Awesome mod, congratz!

I saw many people saying CaP is not compatible with CE, but I'm using CE and CaP and having no problems. I'm with 5 childs now.

What I want to ask is, my older child is now 3 years old. How can I teach her?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: robotguy4 on October 17, 2017, 05:20:03 PM
Ok, so this is what I've actually been messing with.

So far, I'm just focusing on doing what I believe is called a hard patch of the game. Currently using Orassans with no hybridization.

I believe that a new XML file defining the reproductive and developmental behaviours of the alien races will need to be created at some point in the future to facilitate race creators.

So far, I've modified the human pregnancy hediff to work with Orassans. The graphics of the offspring still need to be tweaked.

Do you need to do something special with the xml to allow alien races to get pregnant and give birth?

robotguy4

Quote from: Walking Problem on October 18, 2017, 06:05:25 PM
Do you need to do something special with the xml to allow alien races to get pregnant and give birth?
No. It requires C#.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: robotguy4 on October 18, 2017, 07:51:57 PM
No. It requires C#.

Do you know how it works? I believe many of us modders who are using alien framework are interested to make it compatible to this pregnancy mod

Awrawra

I found how to make child learn to do work. When they hit 3 years old, I have to quit from game and back (not necessarily quit the entire game, just go to main screen and back to save game). This is intentional or I did something wrong?

Another question: there is a way to shut up the children when they are hungry? It's being a pain for 3 years, they crying always when hungry. When they are at bed, just after born, and can't walk by themselves, it's ok, but when they can walk, from the bed to the kitchen, or from where they were when become hungry to the kitchen, they don't stop crying...

Kolljak

Cant run this mod with jectools causes crash to desktop so i reverted back to an old version of this.