[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nafensoriel

/edit Holy crap there are two mods. Never mind the original message and thank you for the trip down nostalgia lane!

Have you considered adding in some of the later C&C techs into this? Specifically sonic towers/weapons? GDI eventually did create the tech to not only stop but reverse infestations though they were incredibly power hungry and fragile.

It just seems like fun end game race to try and contain the tiberium and then have the option to eventually win the fight against it.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Nafensoriel on July 26, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
/edit Holy crap there are two mods. Never mind the original message and thank you for the trip down nostalgia lane!

Have you considered adding in some of the later C&C techs into this? Specifically sonic towers/weapons? GDI eventually did create the tech to not only stop but reverse infestations though they were incredibly power hungry and fragile.

It just seems like fun end game race to try and contain the tiberium and then have the option to eventually win the fight against it.

Well, if you'd play a bit of the Factions mod and join GDI, you'll see that there is sonic tech :>
Allowing sonic inhibitors, which kill Tiberium,
And sonic emitters, which kill people.

I am considering every single detail that the C&C universe has, so no worries about content <3
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

kubolek01

Quote from: Telefonmast on July 28, 2017, 03:45:09 AM
Quote from: Nafensoriel on July 26, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Well, if you'd play a bit of the Factions mod and join GDI, you'll see that there is sonic tech :>
Allowing sonic inhibitors, which kill Tiberium,
And sonic emitters, which kill people.

I am considering every single detail that the C&C universe has, so no worries about content <3
Remember that there is Factions addon which add sonic weaponry too for GDI and much more!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

kubolek01

If not playing supplied scenario, we can't fight Tiberium til late-midgame i swear! It's useful at all, I got a free 1500 silver because caravan forgot its muffalo which walked a bit too long on "Fields of green" and felt down :D

sirgzu

Hey congrats on this great mod!

Idk if it has been suggested but Kabaal storyteller would be fun :)

Ratvar

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 04, 2017, 07:52:15 PM
If not playing supplied scenario, we can't fight Tiberium til late-midgame i swear! It's useful at all, I got a free 1500 silver because caravan forgot its muffalo which walked a bit too long on "Fields of green" and felt down :D
I used advanced hit with stick and it blows strategy-build wooden floor over tiberium greens/whatever 24h/d and strike crystal/whatever as soon as it drops with melee. Saved my tribals many times. I didn't update to last version, tho. Sorry if you cant understand me, i am russian C:

sirgzu

Quote from: Ratvar on August 20, 2017, 05:22:21 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on August 04, 2017, 07:52:15 PM
I used advanced hit with stick and it blows strategy-build wooden floor over tiberium greens/whatever 24h/d and strike crystal/whatever as soon as it drops with melee. Saved my tribals many times. I didn't update to last version, tho. Sorry if you cant understand me, i am russian C:
Does destroying crystal do anything? I destroyed a crystal blue crystal but it kept spreading, albeit not able to cross a river thankfully or i was screwed lol. there is still a red field in the middle of blue with an active crystal maybe that's why it didn't stop?

Ratvar

Try to cover ALL infested ground with wooden floor or something close enough.

kubolek01

Well I noticed that Chem. Thrower has black tiles instead of normal explosion it would have assigned. Why it happens, IDK.

Telefonmast

TiberiumRim 1.6 has arrived!

Most importantly this new version has more mod options to make the Tiberium experience more bareable for those who don't want crystals constantly creeping closer.
Also some more re-balancing and changes.

Be sure to check out the Factions.

Downloads:

- My mod project

shirlierox

I literally just downloaded this from moddb and then went back and saw 1.6 had launched woohoo.

GDI Expedition, Lost brothers or Tiberium conflict I want to play them all now haha.

Telefonmast

Quote from: shirlierox on August 27, 2017, 05:14:59 AM
I literally just downloaded this from moddb and then went back and saw 1.6 had launched woohoo.

GDI Expedition, Lost brothers or Tiberium conflict I want to play them all now haha.

It's more of a minor change here! Most of the new goodies are over in the Factions part c:
- My mod project

sirgzu

I was messing around with the dev mode and after spawning a tiberium pot I got this error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.Command_SetPlantToGrow..ctor () <0x00232>
at RimWorld.PlantToGrowSettableUtility.SetPlantToGrowCommand (RimWorld.IPlantToGrowSettable) <0x00021>
at RimWorld.Building_PlantGrower/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator15D.MoveNext () <0x00155>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b8>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Edit: that error was with 1.5. Is the new version save compatible?

Techgenius

I'm hoping for more Nod love, specially concerning robotics, autonomous nod-tiberium powered robots and droids that do many tasks, mainly harvesting and refining Tiberium, maybe later MKS that can be upgraded with weapons, or even new types of robots for specific functions for both factions. Nod Cyborgs/implants/evolutions as a late stage reward

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Cyborg_(Tiberian_Sun)
other interesting Lore
http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/ReGenesis

I know WIKI isn't the only or the most reliable bible of CoC, nostalgia is so great though, I may just get Tiberian Sun again... even Tiberium wars was amazing with the Kanes Wrath expansion.

I'd volunteer for beta-testing if you guys require as in my current playthrough I'm using the mod, and bravo. Amazing work, beautifully crafted, also in agreement with maddy there. The new faction weapons are way too OP.
Also, can you guys reduce the number of faction bases to 2, 3 or 1 HQ? there are too many.

Telefonmast

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 07:23:02 PM
I was messing around with the dev mode and after spawning a tiberium pot I got this error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.Command_SetPlantToGrow..ctor () <0x00232>
at RimWorld.PlantToGrowSettableUtility.SetPlantToGrowCommand (RimWorld.IPlantToGrowSettable) <0x00021>
at RimWorld.Building_PlantGrower/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator15D.MoveNext () <0x00155>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b8>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Edit: that error was with 1.5. Is the new version save compatible?

Yes the new version should be save-compatible.
About that error, it's not TiberiumRim related, some basegame function seems to not like what I did though.
- My mod project