[A16][WIP] Advanced Robotics: A New Era - Looking for a programmer~

Started by darkrown, January 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorThomasCao

*sigh* just read through everything here again and now I'm sad all these cool ideas and amazing textures will remain unused forever... :(

Zaxmyss

I believe that one day this mod will rise from its ashes and shine all over Rimworld!

TerrorThomasCao

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 16, 2018, 04:33:36 PM
Honestly I'm not sure OP even plays anymore

What a shame those art assets look AMAZING and I would have probably liked to swap them out for Misc. Robots ++ someday. Too bad there aren't any side or back views.

OP, if you ever decide you aren't going to complete this project, would you consider letting others use your art assets? Or maybe at least for our personal use? Thanks :)

TerrorThomasCao

Wait a minute, OP logged on yesterday (yes I checked because it came up elsewhere), I play my necro card!

Harry_Dicks

I can't help but always wonder when stuff like that happens. Like, c'mon, we can see you've logged in guys :) But I can also understand when some people don't want to post. I can't help but feel conflicted though, they post here to tease everyone with this fantastic looking content.

I fully understand it is the author's and their's to do with as they please and they owe everyone here nothing. But I would like to imagine that if I was the author, and it seemed like I got as far as I did and never released anything, then what's the point of holding on to it of you never plan to do anything with the work you half finished? Will it all just be in vain and sit on an idle hard drive just to be lost to time?

Why not release what you have so that others could enjoy the fruits of your labor? In the digital age, it's not like it costs the author anything for us to copy and paste their work.

Ah well, I won't pretend to speak for any author or their work, just my thoughts on it.

TerrorThomasCao

Yeah, I understand if they don't want to post but last time we bumped this, OP did update us a bit on the situation, but it is completely fair if they want to let this thread rest. Although I will still be mourning these incredible textures.

Adamiks

This. I've been looking for a good AI mod all over the place, the ones that are out rn are either not polished enough, too op, or just cleaning bots etc. I wish the author finishes it someday or someone does it for them.

TerrorThomasCao

Dang looks like you've been looking deep, but it's pretty unlikely this is going to be finished at all :( Any code is probably also a bit outdated as well now :(

daisuke6000

this mod i wish one day will be complete this is such a great idea :)

--LukeNation--

hi, can i help you with programming, i can  offer you a trate, talk with me in Steam Chat i'm L.Nation (my photo is a wolf and a moon)
The World is on fire when I arrive,
Rimworld Extreme HardCore Modder,

Shadow336

My soul hurts seeing this mod not become a thing. The textures look so damn good and the concept behind everything seems so good.

TerrorThomasCao

For those of you who are still hanging around here, I've heard rumors that this mod may yet become a mod, seems that there's some work going on for a mod.

Spectrosity

What has happened to this mod? Is it still being worked on. If so, what can I do to help? I would love to see this thing released.