[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldreth

Were you able to figure out how to stop robots in the Misc. ++ mod from pooping?

Dubwise

Quote from: Kaldreth on January 19, 2017, 11:20:38 PM
Were you able to figure out how to stop robots in the Misc. ++ mod from pooping?
i added checks for the defs for those bots so it stalls the needs, hopefully that works out.

I just sorted out my baths and they are working how i want now which is nice, and i fixed the forced apparel. I'll probably upload to steam in the morning then if all is ok post the update here later in the day

Kaldreth

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to test it out.

*Edit* Also, a general question to modders about uploading changes to steam first. I'm curious why that's a common practice. When using mods the last thing I want is for an auto-update to occur and break my game save. Wouldn't it be safer to upload the changes to the forums and get feedback there before forcing an update on steam?

EldVarg

I'm guessing because you get response much faster in steam, where it is 10X as many people and all get the update instantly. You don't have to wait long time before feedback.

Dubwise

mainly because steam is just 1 button so i can spam updates to fix stuff and i know everyone will get it. On here i need to make a zip, dropbox it, bitly link it, update the thread. Then if there's a bug its up to everyone to come back here and notice if there has even been a fix and since people seem to run 100 mods at the same time i doubt many people do that often and the thread can be buried 50 pages down if nobody is posting and go unnoticed yada yada

Kaldreth

szypkiyakwonsz

Hey Dub, I think I've found an issue. Sending colonists for the longer trips is nearly impossible, since all the positive effects vanish while they're still pissing over themselves. This leads to constant mental breaks, more frequent as journey goes, to the point where they are not moving forward at all due to their condition.

Or maybe thats intentional...

Dubwise

if you mean the travel system then that's fixed in the next patch, i'm just finalizing some graphics and stuff and testing saves right now then will push to steam for people to try in the next few hours.

ChairmanPoo

A suggestion: let us do something useful with burn barrels beyond burning them? Maybe refine them into chemfuel? Or maybe something more military-oriented, don't know

Kaldreth

Any chance non-steam users can check out the update tonight?

Dubwise

Sorry for the wait, updated all 3 mods

Rimkit has a fix for a job loop when colonists try to heal themselves in an already occupied bed.

Skylights i tweaked the way light gets faded in and added a few more styles.

Bad Hygiene:
Added baths.
Added flippable toilet seats.
Added white version of the toilet showers and basins.
Added stuff based pipes.
You now have a chance of catching D&V from burning waste in a burn barrel.
Possible fixes for MISC robots.
Fixed hygiene and bladder usage while travelling.
Sewage treatment now has a capacity, add more of them or risk breakdowns.
Fixed forced apparel being cleared when using showers/baths.
New method for tracking hygiene - minimum level can only be reached by combination of worktype, heat, and room cleanliness.
Added Bathroom room role.
Added open defecation - if a pawn fails to find an available toilet 10 times in a row they resort to open defecation.
Bedpans can now be stockpiled.
Added mood boosts for using impressive bathrooms.
Added gender restrictions to bathroom facilities.
Added colonist assigning to bathroom facilities - they will use the nearest available first.
Reduced mood debuff for low bladder.
General graphics tweaks and name changes.

Kaldreth

Great update! Definitely worth the wait. Thank you for uploading it.

szypkiyakwonsz

I know that forums should be limited to substantive posts and fruitful discussion but

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dubwise

small patch to bad hygiene, fixes pawn assigning not saving on baths

faltonico

Quote from: dubwise56 link=topic=29043.msg303140#msg303140 date=1485139998
You now have a chance of catching D&V from burning waste in a burn barrel.
/quote]
Wait what? xD

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 22, 2017, 09:53:18 PM
Added gender restrictions to bathroom facilities.
Does it means we need 2 bathrooms now? no chances on doing a mixed bath?